What does God's Holy Law Demand?

God's Truth

I didn't insult you. I stated facts. If you feel that reflects poorly on you, then do better in the future so that they will not.

Other than that, you quoted several scriptures in which the authors give their reasons for writing. None of these contradict what I have said.

And you have stated that everything necessary for eternal life is written in Scripture. I don't disagree. But that is not the same thing as saying that all possible truth is contained therein.

Everything I need to know to cook an egg can be gleaned from the pictures on the packaging of a skillet. Should I also avoid all cookbooks because the pictures are sufficient to this one food? Neither should I avoid all other texts because this one is sufficient to bring a man to salvation.

Your analogy is ridiculous, just like your denial of trying to insult me.

Give a teaching you have from another book, and we can test it against the Holy Bible to see if it corresponds.

Please, please do that.

Ben Masada

I have trouble agreeing to the idea that Messiah fulfilled the Law so we don't have to. In order to point out the ridiculousness of this statement, I've asked people to provide evidence of Messiah(you and I don't agree on that point) following commands for women because if they can't provide them, the basis of their argument falls flat.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Even if I agreed that Jesus fulfilled the Law, he did not do it in a perfect manner because, there has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned. (Eccles. 7:20) To break the Golden Rule is a sin against the whole second part of the Decalogue, because it says that we ought not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. If you read Matthew 23:13-33, Jesus broke the Golden Rule 15 times only on that text. In another occasion Jesus caused physical and financial damage to the money changers when the Golden Rule was also broken. Anyway, you are already having problem agreeing with the idea that Jesus fulfilled the Law. He did but, not different from any other Jew. He fulfilled the Law the best he could but as a man when nothing perfect is expected to come from.

God's Truth

Even if I agreed that Jesus fulfilled the Law, he did not do it in a perfect manner because, there has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned. (Eccles. 7:20) To break the Golden Rule is a sin against the whole second part of the Decalogue, because it says that we ought not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. If you read Matthew 23:13-33, Jesus broke the Golden Rule 15 times only on that text. In another occasion Jesus caused physical and financial damage to the money changers when the Golden Rule was also broken. Anyway, you are already having problem agreeing with the idea that Jesus fulfilled the Law. He did but, not different from any other Jew. He fulfilled the Law the best he could but as a man when nothing perfect is expected to come from.

Jesus fulfilled the old law perfectly. Jesus also gave us the commands for the new law, the new covenant.

Ben Masada

That is dumb. What Paul said is scripture and what he says is alive, it is the words of God.

Oh, scripture! You mean the gospel of Paul! I wonder why it was the opposite to the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach. While Paul fought and militated all his life against the Law,Jesus would teach to listen to "Moses" aka the Law.(Luke 16:29-31)

As for Paul himself being dead, spirits do not die and Paul is alive in his spirit and he is with Jesus.

Oh! That's new to me. I did not know that Paul also resurrected from the grave. He already fabricated the idea of the resurrection of Jesus as we have in II Tim. 2:8 and now who fabricated the resurrection of Paul?

I think you judged yourself exactly and you are beyond repair? Paul beat his body and made it a slave. He doesn’t care how you judge him either.

To have made of himself a slave of sin is exactly his explanation of his own words that he served sin in the flesh while thinking well of the Law in his mind. What a joke! (Romans 7:25)

1 Corinthians 4:3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself.

Paul did judge himself and came up with the verdict that he as a special person, he was not under the Law. Have you ever read "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoyevsky? I wonder if Dostoyevsky used the same formula of Paul to consider himself a special person above the Law.

God anoints all the saved. Paul was anointed with power during the laying of the foundation. God testified to what Paul said by allowing him to do miracles.

Except for his own word that he had been anointed by the Lord, can you mention to me someone else to confirm his anointing by the Lord? I don't think so. You know, I have a hard time to take Paul's word for granted.

You are evil. You think you can pick and chose what you want from the New Testament, and try to use the scriptures of the New Testament to disprove it.

You can't show any evidence to prove I am evil as I can that Paul was evil in the use of his policy of Replacement Theology throughout the NT to promote his gospel to erase Judaism from the face of the earth.

Ben Masada

Jesus fulfilled the old law perfectly. Jesus also gave us the commands for the new law, the new covenant.

The New Covenant which was made with the House of Israel and the House of Judah! If you read Jeremiah 31:31, you will find no reference to Christians. Now, at least you can see how spreading was the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Even the New Covenant with Israel & Judah is being claimed by Christianity. Could it be that Jeremiah made a mistake to have mentioned Israel and Judah instead of Christianity?

God's Truth

Oh, scripture! You mean the gospel of Paul!
You do not know the scriptures, for Paul calls it the gospel of Christ, our gospel, and the gospel of God.

Paul calls it the GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

Romans 15:19 by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more? But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.

2 Corinthians 2:12[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 9:13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

2 Corinthians 10:14 We are not going too far in our boasting, as would be the case if we had not come to you, for we did get as far as you with the gospel of Christ.

Galatians 1:7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.

Philippians 1:27 [ Life Worthy of the Gospel ] Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel

1 Thessalonians 3:2 We sent Timothy, who is our brother and co-worker in God’s service in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith,

Paul also calls it OUR GOSPEL:

2 Corinthians 4:3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.

1 Thessalonians 1:5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.

2 Thessalonians 2:14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul AND PETER call it the Gospel of God.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God

Romans 15:16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 11:7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?

1 Thessalonians 2:8 so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:9 Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you.

1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

1 Thessalonians 2:2 We had previously suffered and been treated outrageously in Philippi, as you know, but with the help of our God we dared to tell you his gospel in the face of strong opposition.

God's Truth

Oh! That's new to me. I did not know that Paul also resurrected from the grave. He already fabricated the idea of the resurrection of Jesus as we have in II Tim. 2:8 and now who fabricated the resurrection of Paul?
We are spirit and flesh.
Jesus is the only one who went to heaven with his body.
The rest of us go to heaven in our spirit or to Hell/prison.

Wick Stick

Your analogy is ridiculous, just like your denial of trying to insult me.

Give a teaching you have from another book, and we can test it against the Holy Bible to see if it corresponds.

Please, please do that.
Keep moving those goalposts. They're so far from where you started I doubt you're even in the stadium anymore.

God's Truth

Paul did judge himself and came up with the verdict that he as a special person, he was not under the Law. Have you ever read "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoyevsky? I wonder if Dostoyevsky used the same formula of Paul to consider himself a special person above the Law.
“But wisdom is proved right by her deeds."

Except for his own word that he had been anointed by the Lord, can you mention to me someone else to confirm his anointing by the Lord? I don't think so. You know, I have a hard time to take Paul's word for granted.
Peter calls Paul’s words scripture.
In 2 Peter 3:15-16 Peter recognizes what Paul writes as scripture.
You can't show any evidence to prove I am evil as I can that Paul was evil in the use of his policy of Replacement Theology throughout the NT to promote his gospel to erase Judaism from the face of the earth.
You are evil. There is no earthly temple, you cannot worship according to the old law that way anymore.

chair

On the Sabbath you cannot do any work. Many Jews will not move a chair or open a drawer on the Sabbath because that is considered to be work. ...

I have heard that some Jews will not get out of bed on the sabbath, because throwing the covers off of the bed to get up is considered to be work...

Mr. Pate.
I have already pointed out that this statements of yours are simply false. I ask again: Where did you get these ideas from?

And maybe you can apologize for these false accusations. Perhaps your god only requires faith, but in human society honesty is appreciated.

Robert Pate

Banned
Mr. Pate.
I have already pointed out that this statements of yours are simply false. I ask again: Where did you get these ideas from?

And maybe you can apologize for these false accusations. Perhaps your god only requires faith, but in human society honesty is appreciated.

There are groups of Jews that still practice keeping the Torah, just like they did in the Old and New Testament. Judaism is alive and well.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, God's Holy Law demands perfection. We don't have it to offer because we are all sinners.

Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)​

Did you know that the NT was not originally written in English? What was the Greek word that was translated as "perfect" in English? Or do you even care?

Robert Pate

Banned
No one is able to abide by the law God gave through Moses.

The law was not given to make one righteous.

The law was given to show us that we don't measure up to God's standards.

"By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.