What does God's Holy Law Demand?

beloved57

Sooooo..... You've explained how a man has followed commands for women? Interesting. I'm not going to look for them. I'll gladly join if you repost them here.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app
I have explained what I know about the Jesus l know and believe in. I don't have any explanation for the jesus you believe in.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Ben Masada

Paul is not a liar and he if he struck his body to make it a slave then that is what happened.

That, never happened. The truth about him, he himself recorded in Romans 7:25. To serve the Law in his mind while serving sin in his flesh. This is the same as to serve two opposite masters.

The thorn in his flesh was not sin.

The thorn in Paul's flesh was a sinful condition if you read Romans 7:8-25. You cannot do that because you are afraid to turn the page of truth about Paul. Superstitions? I wonder!

You are bearing false witness, for Paul never said he would continue serving sin. How are you so evil to speak that way about an appointed of the Lord?

And you are so superstitious that no one can be more. The man is dead and you are still afraid to read the truth about him. I have given you the quote of Romans 7:25 more than several times and you cannot come out of your endless denial.

Peter says the unstable...which is really the mentally ill...they misunderstand Paul. I believe all the scriptures, including the Jew Peter who says you are unstable.

I pity you GT, how many times do I have to tell you that Peter never wrote a page of the NT! For two reasons he could not have written any thing in the NT. First, he was a Jew and a Jew would never write against his own Faith which was Judaism. And for the second reason, Peter was illiterate and ignorant in letters. (Acts 4:13) All NT writers were Hellenist former disciples of Paul. Are you afraid to know?

JonahofAkron

You don't know how to find threads?

Obviously, I do. I don't want to search for them. You didn't want to answer my questions in favor of your responses in your threads. Provide them and I'll go through them. If not, don't argue with me and then say that your argumentation is in another thread. It's silly.

beloved57

Obviously, I do. I don't want to search for them. You didn't want to answer my questions in favor of your responses in your threads. Provide them and I'll go through them. If not, don't argue with me and then say that your argumentation is in another thread. It's silly.

Then start reading

Nanja

Wick Stick

Everything in the Bible is sufficient to knowing everything in the Bible.
Just repeating a dogmatic statement doesn't make it so (nor is it a convincing argument).

Besides, the question that started this whole discussion empirically disproves it. If Jesus makes an allusion to something that is NOT in the Bible... you're going to understand that without using any sources outside the Bible? Nice logic, there.

Jarrod

God's Truth

Just repeating a dogmatic statement doesn't make it so (nor is it a convincing argument).
You saying that does not make you right.
Besides, the question that started this whole discussion empirically disproves it. If Jesus makes an allusion to something that is NOT in the Bible... you're going to understand that without using any sources outside the Bible? Nice logic, there.

Jarrod

It is what Jesus says. Why are you going against him?

beloved57

What Gods law requires, Jesus fulfilled it in His life and death. All the law required is summed up here Matt 22:37-40.

Wick Stick

You saying that does not make you right.
I'm right because what I'm saying is true. Nothing else is needed.

It is what Jesus says. Why are you going against him?
At the other forum I post at, this argument has become something of a joke. We all know that this is what someone says when they are out of valid logical arguments. Try not to be ridiculous, please.

Anyhow, Jesus didn't say that all truth is found in the Bible, nor did He prohibit reading books other than Scripture. I am not bucking against the goads.

You seem to be trying to bind what has been loosed. That is something about which the Lord did have some choice words.

God's Truth

I'm right because what I'm saying is true. Nothing else is needed.

At the other forum I post at, this argument has become something of a joke. We all know that this is what someone says when they are out of valid logical arguments. Try not to be ridiculous, please.

Anyhow, Jesus didn't say that all truth is found in the Bible, nor did He prohibit reading books other than Scripture. I am not bucking against the goads.

Your seem to be trying to bind what has been loosed. That is something about which the Lord did have some choice words.

You insults prove you do not have the truth. If you had the truth you wouldn't need to insult.

Jesus says he reveals himself to those who get his teachings and obey them.

"The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Luke 1:1-4 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. Therefore, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good also to me to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

John 20:30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Romans 16:25-27 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him–to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life. All we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

Ben Masada

Paul is not a liar and he if he struck his body to make it a slave then that is what happened.

Of course Paul is no longer a liar. He is dead. In death, one ceases all including being a liar.

The thorn in his flesh was not sin.

The thorn in Paul's flesh was a sinful condition. Read Romans 7:8-25. If you still don't catch the truth, you must be beyond repair.

You are bearing false witness, for Paul never said he would continue serving sin. How are you so evil to speak that way about an appointed of the Lord?

He did say he was an anointed of the Lord but his word enjoyed no credibility. Quote to me another saying that he was anointed.

Peter says the unstable...which is really the mentally ill...they misunderstand Paul. I believe all the scriptures, including the Jew Peter who says you are unstable.

Peter for two reasons never wrote a page of the NT. First, he was a Jew and a Jew would not write against his own Faith aka Judaism. Second, Peter was illiterate and illiterate people don't write books. (Acts 4:13)

JonahofAkron

Sorry JA but this question of yours above makes absolutely no sense.
I have trouble agreeing to the idea that Messiah fulfilled the Law so we don't have to. In order to point out the ridiculousness of this statement, I've asked people to provide evidence of Messiah(you and I don't agree on that point) following commands for women because if they can't provide them, the basis of their argument falls flat.

God's Truth

Of course Paul is no longer a liar. He is dead. In death, one ceases all including being a liar.
That is dumb.
What Paul said is scripture and what he says is alive, it is the words of God.

As for Paul himself being dead, spirits do not die and Paul is alive in his spirit and he is with Jesus.

The thorn in Paul's flesh was a sinful condition. Read Romans 7:8-25. If you still don't catch the truth, you must be beyond repair.

I think you judged yourself exactly and you are beyond repair?
Paul beat his body and made it a slave. He doesn’t care how you judge him either.

1 Corinthians 4:3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself.

He did say he was an anointed of the Lord but his word enjoyed no credibility. Quote to me another saying that he was anointed.

God anoints all the saved.
Paul was anointed with power during the laying of the foundation. God testified to what Paul said by allowing him to do miracles.

Peter for two reasons never wrote a page of the NT. First, he was a Jew and a Jew would not write against his own Faith aka Judaism. Second, Peter was illiterate and illiterate people don't write books. (Acts 4:13)
You are evil. You think you can pick and chose what you want from the New Testament, and try to use the scriptures of the New Testament to disprove it.

Wick Stick

You insults prove you do not have the truth. If you had the truth you wouldn't need to insult.

Jesus says he reveals himself to those who get his teachings and obey them.

"The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Luke 1:1-4 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. Therefore, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good also to me to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

John 20:30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Romans 16:25-27 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him–to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life. All we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.
I didn't insult you. I stated facts. If you feel that reflects poorly on you, then do better in the future so that they will not.

Other than that, you quoted several scriptures in which the authors give their reasons for writing. None of these contradict what I have said.

And you have stated that everything necessary for eternal life is written in Scripture. I don't disagree. But that is not the same thing as saying that all possible truth is contained therein.

Everything I need to know to cook an egg can be gleaned from the pictures on the packaging of a skillet. Should I also avoid all cookbooks because the pictures are sufficient to this one food? Neither should I avoid all other texts because this one is sufficient to bring a man to salvation.