ECT What does 1 Tim. 2:12-14 really mean to us?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
it's foolish to think Eve is soley to blame. as far as 1 Timothy 2-12, anything can be taken out of context. some men can't handle spiritual women in the Church or women in general. antiquated. we are all equal in God's eyes. and i'm a guy sooo - dunnit matter:dog:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
it's foolish to think Eve is soley to blame. as far as 1 Timothy 2-12, anything can be taken out of context. some men can't handle spiritual women in the Church or women in general. antiquated. we are all equal in God's eyes. and i'm a guy sooo - dunnit matter:dog:

By your reasoning women are not equal because the passage forbids women to teach men scripture?

By your reasoning women aren't spiritual if they don't teach men scripture?

What the bleep are you saying man?

Here is truth:
Submission does not denote inequality.

If it does then how is it that Jesus is in submission to the Father?

Your reasoning has no weight in its logical conclusion and furthermore Paul gives theological arguments. Your theological reasoning of insecurity thru a false accused inequality by submission just went up in smoke.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
More truth

Women have the same spiritual gifts as men.
A woman can be as good or better a teacher of God's word but she is restricted to teaching other women and children.

Why?

Paul gives theological arguments. Prove them wrong by scriptural truths not culturally irrelevant non biblical theories.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Theological Argument number one:
Eve was deceived by the evil one. Adam willfully disobeyed but was not deceived.

Prove your case against Paul.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
i'm not sure who ur asking, but sure enough, that is the truth. someone cited eve, i just said it wasn't her soley. i have no case against Paul:patrol: he's my fav

Last edited:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Adam was held responsible for the fall and not Eve. He stood by and watched her being deceived and failed to use his authority to prevent her.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Some folks need to start being honest with themselves...... if this is possible here on TOL ???

A simple hypothetical question should separate the sheep from the goats

#1 John Smith Pastor means well and believes that Jesus as the Son of God died for our sins and was resurrected unto the right hand of the Father....... Everything else he thinks about the Bible from Genesis to Revelation is wrong and is the opposite of the truth of God's Holy Word.

#2 MarySue moves into town who too "believes Jesus as the Son of God died for our sins and was resurrected unto the right hand of the Father". However, the rest of her knowledge of the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation including the necessary knowledge of the foundational doctrines as listed in Hebrews 6:1-2 KJV is the absolute truth, and everything she would teach you and the rest of the church would be no different from what either Jesus or any of the Apostles would teach you should they appear today in your church to teach you the truth about God and His plan for the Church, mankind, and for you.

I am not going to ask who you would rather hear teach on Sunday, (I would be afraid to hear the answers) however, instead who do you think God would rather teach the Bible and the mysteries of Godliness to you on Sunday?

Would God approve of the above man who is clueless about most of the Bible, or would God approve of the woman teaching you who knows all of the absolute God approved truths about all of the Bible?

Anyone who does not chose the woman has not only missed the message of Paul and why he sees a difference between the "male and the female", they will remain clueless about the mysteries of Godliness

You're some kind of "wise guy" aren't ya?