What do you like most about TOL? (pick all that apply)

What do you like most about TOL? (pick all that apply)

• A place to mock the left

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • Seeing knuckleheads get banned

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Knowing that TOL is biased and unfair

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Battling ideas

Votes: 52 55.3%
  • Debating theology

Votes: 60 63.8%
  • Standing on my own soapbox

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Making fun of the newbies

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Fellowship week

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • No gay avatars

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 28 29.8%

• Total voters

hitek357

I like the slightly higher ratio of Christians here compared to the IBM site where I work.

It feels a LITTLE like sunday school all week long (you can IGNORE the atheist easily), and talk with the brothers and sisters.

(How do some of you do 20-something posts PER DAY???? Don't you have jobs, or something like it?)

Sozo

hitek357 said:
(How do some of you do 20-something posts PER DAY???? Don't you have jobs, or something like it?)
I get paid $3,000.00 per month just to post on this site. Don't you? :confused:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
I get paid $3,000.00 per month just to post on this site. Don't you? :confused:
I don't get quite that much, but you have a lot more kids than I do so it's only fair.

soothsayer

While I have not succeeded in making many friends yet on TOL :cry: , I have enjoyed being confronted with new ideas. Debate sharpens the wit. My "other" is just the humor in genral. Yeah, the discussion gets a little heated at times, but ultimately everyone here has a good sense of humor. And laughing is good.

Me all the time on TOL: :rotfl:

That's what I like most about TOL.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I voted for "A place to mock the left," "Standing on my own soapbox (which I do every now and again)," and "Other." My other is that I have come to love most of the TOLers as a chosen family. They have been there through some of my darkest times and some of my greatest joys.

Now, how's that to kick off Fellowship Week a day early? :chuckle:

firechyld

Debating theology, battling ideas and "other"... meaning talking to people whose worlds and thoughts are often so different to my own... and often so very the same. :)

Hal_Jordan

Dread Helm said:
:flamer: Why do you want a gay avatar?

Until that rainbow wig emoticon, I have never seen one before. Looks kind of like that guy at the football games with the John 3:16 sign. :bannana:

Hal_Jordan

firechyld said:
Debating theology, battling ideas and "other"... meaning talking to people whose worlds and thoughts are often so different to my own... and often so very the same. :)

"What Would Cthulhu Do?"

Best. Signature. Ever.
"Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

C

cattyfan

I appreciate the incredible thoughtfulness and prayerful support I receive from other TOL members...especially if I'm really having problems. I know I can always come hear and vent, ask for help, or share things troubling me.

Some of the PMs I've gotten from people during really difficult times would shock the general membership. Kindness beyond comprehension, and not always from the people you would expect...many times from people who are theologically and philisophically on the opposite end of the spectrum from me, or from posters who appear gruff, angry, or difficult but at heart are compassionate and caring.

I've never regretted becoming a part of TOL.

Yonas bat'Yah

This is what I chose for the TOL Poll

This is what I chose for the TOL Poll

Hello everyone! I chose the following....
Battling ideas
Debating Theology
Making fun of the newbies (oh wait, I am a newbie.) :dunce:
No gay avatars
Other
For other: A place to be "me" as often as I feel like it. Well, with respect to others of course. Such as... No cursing/cussing/whatever. No poking fun of people, even if they are gu ae! Treating others as I would expect them to treat me. Unless of course, it's before that first cup of coffee/iced tea/water, or not fully awake. Hmh... Does sleep deprivation count? :juggle: :yawn: :sheep: :yawn: :drum:

Yonas bat'Yah

The Bananna Guy

The Bananna Guy

koban said:
You can use mine! :banana:
Greetings Koban. I just don't get the banana guy thing. Is he supposed to be Jay Leno on steroids? Oh, wait a sec, Jay Leno already looked that way! :cheers:

JoyfulRook

Yonas bat'Yah said:

Other
For other: A place to be "me" as often as I feel like it. Well, with respect to others of course. No poking fun of people, even if they are gu ae!
:shut:

CENSORED FOR FELLOWSHIP WEEK.