ECT What are the works of the Law?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 3:2 NASB - This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

What are the works of the Law?

And what are we to do with God's commands?

OCTOBER23

The works of the Mosaic Law are Sacrificing an Animal and an Eye for an Eye.

The works of the Spiritual Law are Faith and Mercy.

OCTOBER23

EVERYTHING IS ACCEPTABLE TO DISCUSS ON A THEOLOGICAL FORUM.

Proverbs 10:32 The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable

Proverbs 21:3 To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Isaiah 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,

and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
EVERYTHING IS ACCEPTABLE TO DISCUSS ON A THEOLOGICAL FORUM.

Proverbs 10:32 The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable

Proverbs 21:3 To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Isaiah 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
Well, first off... I must say that though I told you this before I feel I must say again that your date and mention of a seven year peace pact in your Slogan/Motto is foreign to me. It is not my style. Or, I cannot agree thinking to have known or to know a date even if seven years is important in relation to Bible prophecy or just to history or any idea of future events (I venture you mean this in one way or the other). I am not an expert in Bible prophecy. I know barely enough to be weary of people who say they know or have the answer. This issue/matter may be tested in/through time. Can you excuse my ignorance of what you might mean here with what appears to be a bold statement?

I will get back to your first post in this thread, whether you view my answer here as acceptable or not.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Would you say or add anything else to your answer here?
Why do you say Spiritual Law here? Do you feel you have any Biblical import for making this statement?

OCTOBER23

I go by the Bible which I have studied diligently since I was SUDDENLY CALLED

at the age of 23 . I am now 68 yrs old.

If you go to Youtube, you will find many videos regarding the 2nd Coming of Jesus.

Look up Walid Shoebat and Bill Sallus for Future Biblical prophetic events.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revelation 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book:

for the time is at hand.

Revelation 19:10 And .... worship God:

for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
---------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint

and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy,

and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I go by the Bible which I have studied diligently since I was SUDDENLY CALLED

at the age of 23 . I am now 68 yrs old.

Revelation 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book:

for the time is at hand.

Revelation 19:10 And .... worship God:

for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
You have more years of study than I. I hope it is wise of me to post the verses I post in my next post.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here is the verse as it appears in the New Testament writings in relation to part of what you said are the works of the Law.

Matthew 5:38 NASB - "You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.'

The following verses are the cross-references at www.blueletterbible.org.

Exodus 21:22 NASB - "If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide.

Exodus 21:23 NASB - "But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life,

Exodus 21:24 NASB - eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Exodus 21:25 NASB - burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

Exodus 21:26 NASB - "If a man strikes the eye of his male or female slave, and destroys it, he shall let him go free on account of his eye.

Exodus 21:27 NASB - "And if he knocks out a tooth of his male or female slave, he shall let him go free on account of his tooth.

Leviticus 24:19 NASB - 'If a man injures his neighbor, just as he has done, so it shall be done to him:

Leviticus 24:20 NASB - fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; just as he has injured a man, so it shall be inflicted on him.

Deuteronomy 19:19 NASB - then you shall do to him just as he had intended to do to his brother. Thus you shall purge the evil from among you.

Do you believe in equity of judgment which is eye for an eye punishment (determined by a judge I believe) as opposed to personal vengeance, or do you believe no judgment unto punishment should be made but rather encouraging people to love each other? I don't know how you see an eye-for-an-eye to be one of a works of the Law, except that some might personally want a punishment equal to the wound that has been inflicted them. That is at least not what the scriptures were saying (Torah verses quoted above).

Now if we are to love our neighbor even when we are harmed we must know or learn how it is possible to do that, certainly. But the verse quoted in the OP is about how it is by faith and not by the works of the Law that a person receives the Spirit of God.

See Romans 8:1-4.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Do you see these as physical and spiritual laws? How would you classify "the Mosaic Law" if you also refer to a "the Spiritual Law"?

OCTOBER23

MOSES LAW WAS PHYSICAL

JESUS LAW WAS CHANGING THE ATTITUDE OF THE MIND TOWARD FORGIVENESS

Deuteronomy 32:35 To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence;
their foot shall slide in due time:

Psalms 94:1 O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth;
O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.

Romans 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink:
for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Isaiah 47:14 Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.

OCTOBER23

FORGIVE EVERYONE EVERYTHING

Matthew 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
Luke 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalms 130:4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Acts 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

0scar

Galatians 3:2 NASB - This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

works of the law:
sircuncision
keeping the sabbath
tithing
etc.

turbosixx

When Paul says "of the law" he is specifying a specific law. From the context, what law do you think he talking about?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
FORGIVE EVERYONE EVERYTHING
Amen. What do you make of the following verse?

Acts 11:18 NASB - When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
works of the law:
sircuncision
keeping the sabbath
tithing
etc.
Would you include the Ten Commandments for some reason?

I would not. Thus I would not be able to agree with you here.

I do not know what are the works of the Law spoken of in this verse.