What am I?

rougueone

Anyone with "light" in their name has to have something wrong with them.

Aahem.......

Light of Israel (Isaiah 10:17; Psalm 27:1)

Light of the Gentiles (refers to Jesus Christ—Luke 2:32)

Light of the Nations (‘Or Goyim) (Isaiah 42:6)

Light of the world (John 8:12, 9:5)

Light to lighten the Gentiles (a light to bring revelation to the Gentiles) (Luke 2:32)

Lion of the tribe of Judah (refers to Jesus, our Christ) .

PureX

I'm obviously not at peace regarding her.. I've thought about doing Internet searches related to grieving.. I often feel I can't approach someone in person about this, because we weren't married, so I can't talk about my "dead wife." And if the other person starts referring to her being my "girlfriend" I just freeze up inside, like I have to defend my feelings being justified.
Sometimes it just is what it is, and all we can do is accept it, and try to move on.

That often takes practice, and persistence, especially in the beginning. But each time the idea of her comes into your mind, and creates that feeling of trauma, remind yourself that it's over and done with. There is no big secret, or message, or magical resolution. There is just the loss. All you can do is acknowledge it, and then let it go. We all suffer loss. And we all have to learn to let it go. It takes some time, and some practice, but next time it'll be easier. And you won't always lose, sometimes you'll win.

IMJerusha

Hello LightPattern! When my parents were first killed, I was not a member here but at another forum. I sought solace there and found none, but rather persecution. By the time I found TOL and registered, I was in a somewhat better place emotionally so things worked out better for me here. There are a lot of good people here but there are also some stinkers as you've learned right off the bat. Staff here are kind and understanding of people who have experienced loss. My suggestion to you is that you seek out the good people, they're pretty obvious, and the threads that are positive and uplifting which are also fairly obvious. Some of the good folks here will seek you out to offer fellowship and support. They'll come from all denominations and some will not be believers at all. Some folks here will see your wound as an opportunity to have fun at your expense to Yeshua's shame. Just report them and let staff deal with them.

You asked, "What am I?" You're a wounded child of God. Now, welcome to TOL! :wave:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Aahem.......

Light of Israel (Isaiah 10:17; Psalm 27:1)

Light of the Gentiles (refers to Jesus Christ—Luke 2:32)

Light of the Nations (‘Or Goyim) (Isaiah 42:6)

Light of the world (John 8:12, 9:5)

Light to lighten the Gentiles (a light to bring revelation to the Gentiles) (Luke 2:32)

Lion of the tribe of Judah (refers to Jesus, our Christ) .

1 John 1:7 KJV - 2 Corinthians 4:6 KJV -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Says the guy with the name 'Stripe', who used to be called 'Stipe' and had an avatar of the lead singer of REM?

Yeah dude, that has 'manly' written all over it. :plain:

How about you show some respect for a new forum member and his loss instead of acting like a complete jerk?

Welcome to TOL LightPattern.

:e4e:

Stand in the place where you post to shiny happy people while asking Kenneth what the frequency is - Stipe~R.E.M. - :toad:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Jesus asked "who do men say that I am....." if you answer THAT question aright He will tell you what YOU are.

"...blessed are ye....."

Anto9us

"...the waters under the "expanse" were under the crust."

I wonder if that is a CHEESE-STUFFED crust like in the new pizzas...

I too, Stripe - question a "universal flood"

but once I was pretty smart-assed to a clothing salesman at a mall who suggested a shirt that was a bit -- "unmanly" to me -- and I asked him if he had anything "a bit more heterosexual?"

my wife said later "you practically called that guy a fag - and yet wanted him to keep helping you"

oh, well, guilty as charged

LP - you are simply a "wounded one" -- you will heal even if it takes time

He is a "man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief"

"Light of the World" is a good name - as is "Light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world"

oatmeal

I am lost. I pray... I feel like I don't understand anything. God's trying to tell me something, but maybe I'm tone-deaf?

I haven't made many posts here.. so that's why this is in the newbie forum.. if it belongs somewhere else, plz tell me and I will correct what I can.

When a person comes to scripture to learn, they can learn much.

If you have done Romans 10:9-10, you have received the gift of salvation.

This gift of salvation has other names for it, for instance, the gift of eternal life, Romans 6:23, being born again of incorruptible seed, I Peter 1:23, the gift of the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:38.

Having received that incorruptible seed from God, you are now a son of God I John 3:1-2, Romans 8:14

As a son of God you have been redeemed, justified, made righteous, sanctified and now have the word and ministry of reconciliation.

Romans 5:1, I Corinthians 1:30, II Corinthians 5:21

Dan Emanuel

Pray the Rosary. You don't have to supply the words that are sometimes buried deep down, inaccessible. He knows whats going on. Focus on the words He's already provided you, and He will do the rest.

Daniel

Jamie Gigliotti

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all of our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Acknowledging your lostness is good place to be, it is a step towards being found.
After years of turning to Jesus, I experienced an extremely difficult trail. I was hurt severly by someone. The emotional pain was indscribable. I was even angry with God for letting it happen in my life. This pain and hurt went on quite along time. When I went to church all I could do was cry... I did not go often, but I did seek prayer when I went. Prayers were petitions for God's love and healing and truth to heal my heart. He answered those prayers. I have to testify the healing power of His love. His comfort saved me when opened my heart to Him again. It happened when He used the words of His servant Matt Maher. The words 'I need you every hour I need you' opened my heart and soul to the truth and Him and His loving presence. He found me again.

Praying His love and presence move in your heart to bring healing and comfort, and hope that can not be shaken!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Why have you not IDd yourself as Catholic? Knight provided that as an option

he already said
he was not catholic
he has never been catholic
and
didn't think he ever would be catholic
but
he does like the rosary

how about that?

Dan Emanuel

I disbelieve it.
I've said I'm not, and never have been, Catholic. Now I'm going to say that I am being honest in so saying. So now, if it turns out I'm lying, its a double lie.

I am not Catholic. I have never been Catholic. I'm not lying.

Daniel