What About Banned Members?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think there has been too much banning lately. Silly unnecessarily disruptive bans. Banning atheists for blasphemy as if that is not expected from an atheist. I have seen other sites die a slow death due to such antics.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
OK, so now Persy gets banned for posting a selfie deemed "vile". :idunno:
Do you think it was vile?

Levolor

I think there has been too much banning lately. Silly unnecessarily disruptive bans. Banning atheists for blasphemy as if that is not expected from an atheist. I have seen other sites die a slow death due to such antics.

Lots of proof about the bias of the site is shown thereby, too.

TOL has a huge membership base, but I don't believe I have ever seen more than 500 here, and that's including the lurkers. Those signed in are around 45-50.

I don't run the place so it's their house, their rules whether I agree with them or not. Everything anybody does is between them and God... eventually.

Mocking You

Speaking of, if you're arguing with someone and they end up mocking you how do you know who won?

1. I don't argue, I discuss.

2. No one mocks me. (Well, Chuck Norris did once. Haven't heard of him lately, have you?)

3. I live in Sarcasm, USA for a reason.

4. My screen name was carefully chosen after sampling the zeitgeist of this forum for several days before joining.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
1. I don't argue, I discuss.
Oh no you don't. :plain:

2. No one mocks me. (Well, Chuck Norris did once. Haven't heard of him lately, have you?)
Put yourself on ignore again, did you?

3. I live in Sarcasm, USA for a reason.
Taxing rate?

4. My screen name was carefully chosen after sampling the zeitgeist
Gesundheit.

of this forum for several days before joining.
I stumbled in looking for a bathroom and never left. Life. What a bored game.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
How do you find out why someone was banned? Is that a membership privilege?

You ask many questions about being banned, do you want to give it a try; learn from first hand experience? I know all about banning, and will tell you all there is to know, but you have to ask me nicely!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

just me, but i saw an "evil" look in the eyes, then a comment "does it look like i care?" - soooo, be careful what we "strive" for ? - :patrol:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Personally, I wasn't offended. Having said that, most of us would know better than to post a personal pic showing a whole lot of cleavage.

It's the rules of the site and it's not okay to deliberately violate them.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Personally, I wasn't offended. Having said that, most of us would know better than to post a personal pic showing a whole lot of cleavage.

It's the rules of the site and it's not okay to deliberately violate them.
50 points worth? I'm betting that the picture was photo shopped.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
50 points worth? I'm betting that the picture was photo shopped.

Does it matter if it's fake or real if it violates the rules of the forum? Also, do you really think that most posters do not know that certain actions will get them permanently banned on TOL?

I think what happens with some posters is that they post while upset instead of allowing themselves time to cool off. For some people, it's worth it.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Does it matter if it's fake or real if it violates the rules of the forum? Also, do you really think that most posters do not know that certain actions will get them permanently banned on TOL?

I think what happens with some posters is that they post while upset instead of allowing themselves time to cool off. For some people, it's worth it.
I do not disagree with your perspective but simply the severity of the punishment. I think Percy should have received a few days off and a severe warning. It is just my opinion. Now we are deprived of all the funny interaction between Percy and aCW.