weekly weigh in

SaulToPaul 2

I have not lifted since Sunday.

I am chomping at the bit to get home tonight and bang out some bench presses and squats.
I am suffering withdrawal.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It is the next ten pounds, which are so hard to move off. If I could get down to 148 by fall, it would be very good for me.

My tests shows cholesterol at 158, and my physician wrote that was excellent.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm down to 202 !!! From 221 pounds !!! Black coffee for breakfast and black coffee after lunch - black coffee in the early evening as well

Remember the movie, "Macon County" the car went "BANG" and really took off? There is a drug called dextroamphetamine, which used to be given for diet; today it is sometimes given for AD disorders and Narcolepsy. I had it for the latter, and when I could take it, my weight would stay low. The physician I am now seeing told me not to take it anymore, because so many think all these drugs are 'bad'; they are in the 'bad' category. I stopped using it, although prescribed, when I went on treatment and gained over 20 pounds. Truth is some people abuse it.

Anyway, they do affect blood pressure, but no more than three strong cups of black coffee. While coffee affects the CNS, making one more active by jiggling peripheral nerves, dextroamphetamine increases dopamine in the cerebral cortex; it makes the mind faster and one does not feel hungry.

If one were to get moving on weight, 158, 157, 156, 155, then the drug, BANG, take take off like a rocket down to 145, but one also might explode. So, I am not advocating, just explaining how a little nitro may blow your engine.

Right Divider

Body part
I was a cream and sugar guy, but coffee is addictive, i always want multiple cups. So i tried black to just get the caffeine only and I acquired a taste for black.It's not that tasty but you can really taste the coffee, the way the natives had it
I've been a black coffee drinker for a very long time. Started with cream and sugar like most folks.

I like what one of my friends father has to say about people that don't drink it black.

You're not having coffee, you're having a coffee flavored drink.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I've heard that black coffee turns your body into a furnace!
I wish I could stand to drink it.
Iced, dark(est) roast. Eventually you just like it, it's a true acquired taste. My preference is to brew it and then pour it over a cup stuffed full of ice, brimming over with ice. I pour the coffee right down the center to melt a hole for my straw, and away I go.

Cool or cold coffee, I fill cup only 3/4 with ice since it won't melt as much.

'Deep squatted today. Felt light headed at rep 12, so I stopped. Was doing too much weight, as my lower back was doing a lot of work very early in the lift, which defeats the whole purpose in doing them. So I've got to get my ego in check and dial it back on the weight next session, to make sure that all that hard work is actually doing what it's supposed to do. I rely on deadlifts to strengthen my lower back, not deep squats.

'Been thinking about the thigh muscles. They are long. The deep(est) squats are the only lift that really appreciates that. To have strength from a deep squat, you need to have strong thigh muscles, and the only way to truly strengthen them, because of how long they are, is to squat deep. As deep as you can.

Start with nothing, just squat as deep as you can. Squat there for a little while to let gravity s-t-r-e-t-c-h out those l-o-n-g thigh muscles. And then stand up. Stand up like your life depends upon it, because it does.

Rep 1.

:)