Watch out!

Right Divider

Body part
I would if I knew what it looked like and where it goes.
The unit was in a closet and he was telling me what all he was doing, but I couldn't see what he was doing.
But he told my son about it when he got home, so he now knows.

If it happens again when I'm the only one home, I may have to holler at you to walk me through it!!!!
Let me know, I'd be glad to help.

john w

Hall of Fame
Uh oh, saint john w the great is gonna get puffed up like Barn was when he had the whole town in jail.

Well, Mayor, I heard that if you flew a quail throw your home, when you are entertaining women prospects, to be your future potential "main squeeze" and/or Keno/Pinochle partner, every woman in there would point.

So there.

Who is your guru?

theophilus

Any of you "volunteers" tell me how to change the socket over my stove without getting electrocuted?

The whole thing needs to be replaced...I can't see what I'm cooking anymore.

PureX

Any of you "volunteers" tell me how to change the socket over my stove without getting electrocuted?

The whole thing needs to be replaced...I can't see what I'm cooking anymore.
Just make sure you shut off the power to it, and then remove the old one, and install the new one. Try not to pinch any of the wires when you push the new one back into the box. You're safe as long as you do it with the power off.

theophilus

Just make sure you shut off the power to it, and then remove the old one, and install the new one. Try not to pinch any of the wires when you push the new one back into the box. You're safe as long as you do it with the power off.

So...can I get just "any" socket from the hardware store?

PureX

So...can I get just "any" socket from the hardware store?
I would get whatever type was there, before. But really whatever kind you like will work.

By "socket', do you mean an electrical outlet, or a light fixture?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would get whatever type was there, before. But really whatever kind you like will work.

By "socket', do you mean an electrical outlet, or a light fixture?
I think she's talking about the light socket over the stove.

What sort of bulb does it hold, Theo?
A regular light bulb, or something else?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I remember owning my first car, a Dodge Challenger. One day the thing broke down so I took it to a Dodge dealer to get it fixed. They told me that the battery was dead, the alternator was shot, and the wire connecting the battery to the alternator was burned out and had to be replaced. They wanted $650 total (this was back in 1992). I passed on the offer.

Towed the car home from the dealer by chain with help from a neighbor and his pickup. Got the alternator tested at a local shop where they rebuild alternators. They tested it on the machine and gave it back to me, telling me absolutely nothing was wrong with it. Put it back in my car. Said neighbor then tested the battery. Turns out it just needed to be recharged. Recharged it and put it back in my car. That left the wire. Replaced it for $2. Car worked fine.

theophilus

I think she's talking about the light socket over the stove.

What sort of bulb does it hold, Theo?
A regular light bulb, or something else?

It takes a regular bulb. My problem is that all the wiring disappears into a black hole with no way in...no screws, no pins, nada.

It looks like a regular socket.

PureX

It takes a regular bulb. My problem is that all the wiring disappears into a black hole with no way in...no screws, no pins, nada.

It looks like a regular socket.
If you can't see how it comes apart, you probably should call someone who knows. Perhaps if you buy the new fixture yourself, having it put up for you won't cost too much.

theophilus

If you can't see how it comes apart, you probably should call someone who knows. Perhaps if you buy the new fixture yourself, having it put up for you won't cost too much.

You don't know that I could tear up a crow-bar in a sand-box.

I was just concerned with giving myself an afro.

:)

john w

Hall of Fame
If anyone needs help installing a septic tank, saint john w the great is an expert. He's a fine friend, too.
He will install it for a pack of nabs and a bottle of pop.

Thanks, Mayor. Yes-two tons of concrete, all steel reinforced. And I also can get you into a nice home-ask the Simms about me(But ignore any comments they make about water in the basement/"swim with the fishes"). They will tell you, I know how to make real estate commissions. And ask your friends about me, in the TOL neighborhood.

saint Don John W

SaulToPaul 2

Thanks, Mayor. Yes-two tons of concrete, all steel reinforced. And I also can get you into a nice home-ask the Simms about me. They will tell you, I know how to make real estate commissions. And ask your friends about me, in the TOL neighborhood.

saint Don John W

You are a fine handyman, and a fine part-time realtor.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are a fine handyman, and a fine part-time realtor.

I learned handymannin' from takin' off on one of Aint Bea's flames, Henry Wheeler, who Ange ran out of town, for mollycoddling and free loading. He reminded me of Uncle Joe, whoosamovin' kinda slow.....Curious....

I caint take off on you, though Mayor. You talk like every other MAD wacko.