ECT Warnings about missing heaven … to “believers” sitting in churches

ZacharyB

The many warnings in the 4 gospels were written to everyone, while ALL of the warnings in the 21 epistles (letters) were written to the churches. In Revelation, some warnings were to everyone while some were to the churches. Let us focus only on the warnings to the churches … and many of them clearly warn against the loss of salvation! Those who argue against these clear warnings are actually claiming that
God is a liar, or a deceiver, or a bluffer. Sorry, there is not enough space to quote the verses, so please look them up for yourself.

Warnings about LOSING eternal LIFE
Not enduring in the faith (remaining faithful) until death: Rom 11:20-22, 1 Cor 15:1-2,
2 Cor 13:5, 1 Tim 4:16, Heb 2:1-4, Heb 3:6, Heb 3:12-14, Heb 10:36-39, 1 Pet 1:5-9,
and Rev 2:10-11 (the crown of life refers to eternal life: 1 Cor 9:24-27, 1 Pet 5:1-4)
Other reasons: Gal 5:1-4, Col 3:5-6, 1 Tim 6:9-10, Heb 6:4-8, Heb 10:26-31, 2 Pet 2:20-22, 1 John 3:15

Warnings about GAINING eternal DEATH
Rom 2:5-11, Rom 6:16 & 23, Rom 8:5-6, Rom 8:13-14, Gal 6:7-8, James 1:14-16, Rev 2:11
I apologize for sneaking in 2 of my favorites, which apply to absolutely everyone:
• being an unrepentant sinner (Rev 21:8) • taking the mark of the beast (Rev 14:9-11)

Warnings about not being allowed to inherit (and enter) the kingdom of God
1 Cor 6:9-10, Gal 5:19-21, Eph 5:3-6, 2 Pet 1:10-11
These passages are warning about believers not going to heaven
(for proof see the NOTE below).

Warnings about not being listed in the Lamb’s Book of Life
Rev 3:5 (and note Rev 20:15, Rev 21:27)

Warnings about not being allowed to enter the city of New Jerusalem
Rev 21:27 (and note Rev 3:12)

Warnings about Old Testament examples which apply to Christians
Rom 11:20-22, 1 Cor 10:1-12, Heb 3:16-19, Heb 4:2-6, Heb 12:16-17, Jude 5-7

Warnings about the necessity of obedience
Rom 6:16, Col 3:5-6, Heb 3:18-19, Heb 5:9, 1 John 2:3-5, 1 John 3:24, Rev 14:12, Rev 22:14

Warnings about the necessity of being sanctified unto holiness
Rom 12:1-2, 2 Cor 7:1, Eph 1:4, Eph 5:26-27, Col 1:22-23, 2 Thes 2:13-14, Heb 12:14-17,
1 Pet 1:15-16

Warnings about the necessity of maintaining righteousness
Zach and Liz did this (see Luke 1:6) without having the new nature and the precious Holy Spirit,
so you really have absolutely NO excuse for not overcoming, if you have been given them!
Acts 10:35, Rom 2:5-11, Rom 6:16, 1 Cor 6:9-10, 1 Tim 6:11, 1 John 2:29, 1 John 3:7, especially 1 John 3:10

Warnings about the necessity of sincere repentance
2 Cor 7:10, 1 John 1:7-9, Rev 2:5, Rev 2:16

Warnings about the necessity of being an overcomer (overcoming sin, etc.)
Rev 2:7, Rev 2:11, Rev 2:17, Rev 2:26, Rev 3:5, Rev 3:12, especially Rev 3:21
These warnings were written to churches who already believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
An overcomer is one who has been led by the Holy Spirit through the long process
of sanctification unto holiness … where sin has been overcome through repentance,
and where the born-again believer has remained steadfast in his/her faith until death.
This also includes overcoming Satan and the world ...
all of which Jesus did and said we must do also (Rev 3:21).

NOTE
• “And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom
of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire” (Mark 9:47)
The above shows: to enter the kingdom of God is the opposite of being cast into hell.
• “Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the
foundation of the world … inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these,
you did not do it to Me. And these (unrighteous) will go away into everlasting punishment,
but the righteous into eternal life.” (Matt 25:34-46)
The above shows: to inherit the kingdom of God is for the righteous who gain eternal life.
• Therefore, to inherit (enter) the kingdom of God is the same as to gain eternal life!

Please be forewarned, ignore the word of God at your peril.

ZacharyB

Some moderator has labelled me as a one-post wonder.
Evidently, this was due to the fact that I could not find
an earlier thread which I posted, entitled:
Is your pastor deceiving you, or is he just ignorant?
I thought it had been rejected as unworthy of being viewed by others.

ZacharyB

Eph 2:6 (KJV)
PTL
Paul was writing ONLY to the "faithful" saints in Ephesus,
not to everyone who thought they were believers going to heaven.
Ditto to those in Colossae.

Also, all verses need to be viewed in the context of all of the Scriptures.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

John 10:27-29 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

1 Thessalonians 1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

1 John 5:4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

Romans 11:29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

2 Corinthians 1:22 And who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:29-30 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Jude 24-25 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

ZacharyB

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

John 10:27-29 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

1 Thessalonians 1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

1 John 5:4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

Romans 11:29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

2 Corinthians 1:22 And who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:29-30 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Jude 24-25 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Yes, it is all a matter of exactly whom each verse is being written to!
IMHO, the total genius of Scripture is lost on you.
A quick comment on a couple of your favorites:
John 10 ... only certain believers truly "follow" Jesus
John 10 ... only certain believers have a reciprocal "knowing" relationship with Jesus
Ephesians 1 ... only written to "faithful" saints
Romans 11 ... this does not refer to salvation
1 John 5 ... Jesus explains real overcoming in Revelation 3:21

Caledvwlch

No, it's because you only had one post. It's automatic. We were all there once.

musterion

Little Zachy got spanked posting this elsewhere. Google the first two lines of his spam and it comes up on two other boards.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

You are just getting more and more whack...that does not come from God.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes, it is all a matter of exactly whom each verse is being written to!
IMHO, the total genius of Scripture is lost on you.
A quick comment on a couple of your favorites:
John 10 ... only certain believers truly "follow" Jesus
John 10 ... only certain believers have a reciprocal "knowing" relationship with Jesus
Ephesians 1 ... only written to "faithful" saints
Romans 11 ... this does not refer to salvation
1 John 5 ... Jesus explains real overcoming in Revelation 3:21

Why am I not convinced that you are in this select band? the fact that your mind is full of sin thoughts and thoughts of backsliding.

If you were an overcomer, if you were in blessing...those would be the things you would post about.

ZacharyB

Many thanks to everyone for addressing the warning verses,
which you all hate with a great zeal and passion, obviously.
An extremely impressive performance.

fishrovmen

Many thanks to everyone for addressing the warning verses,
which you all hate with a great zeal and passion, obviously.
An extremely impressive performance.

If you want to live in fear and trying to maintain salvation by works, that's up to you. I will live in joy of the victory of Christ, being led by the SEALING of the indwelling Spirit which is a down payment toward the future full purchase. No need for me to fear my performance, nor being lost or unloved by God.
As others have told you, you need to understand the audience and context of the verses you post. Many of them are not even about "eternal life".

ZacharyB

If you want to live in fear and trying to maintain salvation by works, that's up to you. I will live in joy of the victory of Christ, being led by the SEALING of the indwelling Spirit which is a down payment toward the future full purchase. No need for me to fear my performance, nor being lost or unloved by God.
As others have told you, you need to understand the audience and context of the verses you post. Many of them are not even about "eternal life".
Many tanks for the advice.
Yup, you sure tanked that one.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why am I not convinced that you are in this select band? the fact that your mind is full of sin thoughts and thoughts of backsliding.

If you were an overcomer, if you were in blessing...those would be the things you would post about.

Zach has posted the words of the Bible.

Are you accusing God of having a mind full of sin?

Eze 14:2 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Eze 14:3 Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?
Eze 14:4 Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the LORD will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols;
Eze 14:5 That I may take the house of Israel in their own heart, because they are all estranged from me through their idols.
Eze 14:6 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.
Eze 14:7 For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to enquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself:
Eze 14:8 And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Eze 2:1 And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.
Eze 2:2 And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.
Eze 2:3 And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.
Eze 2:4 For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 2:5 And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.
Eze 2:6 And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.
Eze 2:7 And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.
Eze 2:8 But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.
Eze 2:9 And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;
Eze 2:10 And he spread it before me; and it was written within and without: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You people are so blind.

You cain't see that the warnings about falling away, not abiding, not holding on to our confession etc are written to YOU.

You have been tricked off from Calvary ground, you have been fooled into believing that the cross is not sufficient, that Christ's salvation is not FINISHED, ETERNAL AND ENOUGH.

God has accepted it but you do not accept it.

And so you turn back to striving to accomplish your own salvation, you hold the cross up to mockery and are in danger of treading underfoot the precious blood of God's Son...that is what Hebrews is warning about..

There is only a one time sacrifice for sin, if you despise it then there is no more sacrifice is there...that is what Hebrews says...all you can do is quake and tremble and wait for the judgement....

...and that is what you do.....
....and that is what you want us to do.....hence your gloomy posts.

But we are the ones who abide in Christ, we BELIEVE in His salvation, we rejoice in His fellowship. We know where and when we were saved, at the cross.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
All those dire threats and warnings to the Jews against idol worship the work of their own hands...that's YOU relying on the works of the flesh.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You people are so blind.

You cain't see that the warnings about falling away, not abiding, not holding on to our confession etc are written to YOU.

Yes and to all who desire to walk with Christ.

You have been tricked off from Calvary ground, you have been fooled into believing that the cross is not sufficient, that Christ's salvation is not FINISHED, ETERNAL AND ENOUGH.

What part does faith play in it?

Is not faith required? and that from a repentant and believing heart which the Bible warns and teaches us about how to look after it?

God has accepted it but you do not accept it.

Christ died for all mankind, yet not all are saved, so something must be required of man , is it not?

And so you turn back to striving to accomplish your own salvation, you hold the cross up to mockery and are in danger of treading underfoot the precious blood of God's Son...that is what Hebrews is warning about..

There is only a one time sacrifice for sin, if you despise it then there is no more sacrifice is there...that is what Hebrews says...all you can do is quake and tremble and wait for the judgement....

...and that is what you do.....
....and that is what you want us to do.....hence your gloomy posts.

But we are the ones who abide in Christ, we BELIEVE in His salvation, we rejoice in His fellowship. We know where and when we were saved, at the cross.

Repeating the verses of the Bible might seem gloomy to you but to those who seek immortality, they are life.

LA

DAN P

The many warnings in the 4 gospels were written to everyone, while ALL of the warnings in the 21 epistles (letters) were written to the churches. In Revelation, some warnings were to everyone while some were to the churches. Let us focus only on the warnings to the churches … and many of them clearly warn against the loss of salvation! Those who argue against these clear warnings are actually claiming that
God is a liar, or a deceiver, or a bluffer. Sorry, there is not enough space to quote the verses, so please look them up for yourself.

]

Hi and expanding on the OP title ?

Even in 2 Tim 2:18 and because of Persecution felt during Paul's time , that the RESURRECTION had come and they were LEFT BEHIND , and Paul had to correct them !!

The time is not yet here even with all the tumult in the Middle-East and I believe that will be next , and then will begin the 7 years of Jacob's Trouble and finish off with the 3 1/2 Great Tribulation !!

dan p