Vegies

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Never heard that before, i like fresh made carrot juice. Also, I could go forever never eating cake of sweet biscuits.

I crave for sweet all the time so I add fruit in my salad. That makes a big difference in taste. This is my secret.

I add fruit in everything for all food not so tasty but nutritious.

Banana is the best for addition to salad, it is cheap and so sweet.

Avocado is also excellent taste remedy but it is not cheap.

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am suppose to limit my meat intake (and other proteins) due to diabetes, and it's ... difficult. I like vegetables okay ... but they were much better when I didn't need to eat so many of them. No food group is as appealing as meat.

Add vegies in your meat meal every time when you eat. That way you can eat plenty of vegies.

And you will get use to eat, and it will be as tasteful too.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
When I get hungry attack even after eating plenty of food, I make vegie sandwich added avocado and fruit.

Try it, it is yummy.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I crave for sweet all the time so I add fruit in my salad. That makes a big difference in taste. This is my secret.

I add fruit in everything for all food not so tasty but nutritious.

Banana is the best for addition to salad, it is cheap and so sweet.

Avocado is also excellent taste remedy but it is not cheap.

I have it made in a way; I dislike the taste of sweets and have no strong taste preference, so, I can eat very bland and tasteless food and enjoy it.

One of the dishes I like is cut peaches, with cut bananas and strawberries. I do not get this often because curing peaches can be messy, so, I always eat whole bananas, around three per day.

Another good lunch dish is a sandwich made with stone ground whole wheat bread. I have trouble finding that very high quality bread, so, I eat the 12 grain bread at your local Walmart. The best makings is some cheese, with tomato and avocado, with bean sprouts. Here the problem is prepping all this, so, I eat cheese and salami with tomatoes on the side. Avocado is not much of an expense issue for me, but not keeping them used and having waste is a problem, sa me with bean sprouts, they go bad very quickly.

I have never liked bologna at all!

Dinner is where the greens should be the main course, with some meat, fish is the best, then chicken. Alligator is also a good nutritious meat, but thee are now many laws restricting killing them; it seems people today would rather see other people be eaten by alligators. Another good, but unpopular meat source is rabbits, but again hard to find today.

I drank two large glasses of orange juice today and ate some processed Italian sausage, and eggs, this was the first time I have eaten sausage since last spring, so it is not typical fir me to eat 'regular breakfast food.

Two foods I dislike: white bread, I hate it and never seen it eaten until I went to high-school. The other is plain white milk, but I love yogurt and cheese.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
They also recommend organic but they are so expensive, so I eat regular inexpensive stuff.

Me too, if i had someone to wash it well, i would not care fr organic, but being ls able, I eat canned greens. all kinds. We Southerners like collard and mustard greens. Some even eat polk salit. :)

I like spinach.

Raw greens like in a salad have to be soft, like butter lettuce and red lettuce, more than Romain lettuce and I regard 'heads of lettuce' as a cabbage.

Salads have to be made fresh, made with red onions, tomato and bean sprouts over lettuce, added mushrooms, but never ant bread crumbs! I like light olive oil and vinegar, no white glob stuff or heavy blue cheese.

Prefer small salad as a side dish.

I love soup in winter, lentil and minestrone are good.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
When I get hungry attack even after eating plenty of food, I make vegie sandwich added avocado and fruit.

Try it, it is yummy.

Start out with the best bread you can buy. Then add some cheese, then avocado, then tomato,a d then bean sprouts. I use some mayonnaise for taste. That is my old best sandwich and if you like you can top it with bell pepper slices.

The orange juice I drank today. it was the gallon Walmart jug kind. It is alright, but NOTHING like fresh squeezed orange juice. i would pay high to get that juice made for me. The other juice I like is cranberry and white grape juice.

Eating tangerines is very good, and so is apples and pears. Be sure to eat at least one apple or pear a day and some tangerines if you v=cannot drink fresh orange juice.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Add vegies in your meat meal every time when you eat. That way you can eat plenty of vegies.

And you will get use to eat, and it will be as tasteful too.

Vegetable should weigh half the plate and other quarter in starch, like rice, potato, or corn.

The older you get the more constipation you have if you eat too much high protein foods and meat.

You need to be on your feet a few hours a day, walking is best.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I had my fish tonight with spinach and one of those frozen side dishes, it is pasta and sauce.

Then, I drink water until I am able to sleep.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It seems like you have a good eating habit, K.

good for you:)

thank you for sharing:)

I would like to eat much better. At my age how one eats has much to do as to how long he or she will remain healthy. Last time my blood pressure wad 100 over 65, very good, even for a kid.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
When will you tell us the real vegetable dishes you make. Did you ever make the tea SOZO told you about. He really knew the tea precise and well.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
When will you tell us the real vegetable dishes you make. Did you ever make the tea SOZO told you about. He really knew the tea precise and well.

My meal is very simple, I don't do anything complicated and time consuming like Sozo advised. I adopt anything healthy if it is easy to prepare.

I mix all ingredients, all four group, in one bowl as a salad every morning. So all I have to do is take it out three times a day. When I am hungry extra, I make sandwich using it.

I use instant auto meal and whole grain bread for carbs, almond milk, cheese, and yogurt for calcium, many kind of colorful vegies and fruit for vitamins, beans, nuts, seeds, salmon, eggs for protein.

they are my daily ingredients.

And I cheat junk food when they are laying around at my husband's house which is very frequent since I am working on the yard daily:)

What can I say, I enjoy everything even junk food:)

I am easy to be happy because I enjoy just about everything:)

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
My meal is very simple, I don't do anything complicated and time consuming like Sozo advised. I adopt anything healthy if it is easy to prepare.

I mix all ingredients, all four group, in one bowl as a salad every morning. So all I have to do is take it out three times a day. When I am hungry extra, I make sandwich using it.

I use instant auto meal and whole grain bread for carbs, almond milk, cheese, and yogurt for calcium, many kind of colorful vegies and fruit for vitamins, beans, nuts, seeds, salmon, eggs for protein.

What can I say, I enjoy everything even junk food:)

I am easy to be happy because I enjoy just about everything:)

What is almond milk, is it really milk, or something from almonds? I think it is best to eat then , but as pain nuts, very good.

I have always been lucky, not like junk food, makes me feel sick and not good to taste.

I like good food, like health food, but not if it comes from hippie mind, or moral concept. Food is to eat, not think over, other than good to eat quality.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I like good food, like health food, but not if it comes from hippie mind, or moral concept. Food is to eat, not think over, other than good to eat quality.

The Bible says our body is God's temple. So we should take good care of it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It says it is non-dairy milk. I guess it is made out of almond.

What id wrong with regular milk? i suspect it had a hippie allele because some of them do not believe it moral to drink milk from cows.