ECT Understand the Fall of Adam according to Covenant

Danoh

Yeah daisy dukes..humble thy self woman!

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Get your heart out of the gutter of this world.

She is a sister in the Lord; not some lost woman in hot pants; you fool.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

:doh:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not true.

3. God could have simply said, "Let there be skins to cover the man and woman."
Yeppers.

GOD didn't need to bake up a bunch of manna to rain down for the people to eat.
GOD can provide what is needed in an instant.

Stay true to the word and what it actually says, sister!

Danoh

Yeppers.

GOD didn't need to bake up a bunch of manna to rain down for the people to eat.
GOD can provide what is needed in an instant.

Stay true to the word and what it actually says, sister!

Wisdom of this world reasoning, or Word of God reasoning.

What saith the Scripture's narrative...overall - on any issue?

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

glorydaz

For example: notice that Genesis specifically leads us away from interpreting the word "day" as a long age of time by the use of qualifiers like "morning and evening" and "first day, second day, etc." Also notice the absence of qualifiers surrounding this verse about "coats of skins".

Good job proving that if God wanted the details to be as you claim, He would have given them to us.

All scripture is true. Even this verse that talks about animal skins. The Lord began teaching that "without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins" even to the recently fallen Adam and Eve. Had He not preached to them, and given them the promise of a Saviour (Gen 3:15KJV), they would have had no opportunity to be saved or to pass hope on to their children.

You're jumping the gun. You assume there was blood involved, even though the blood of bulls and goats could not remove sin. Abel brought free will offering that entailed the first of his flock and the fat thereof.

Gen. 4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:​

It is you who want to force OUT the clear teaching of Christ's sacrifice to all of fallen mankind. You would have some men climb over the wall of the Kingdom another way rather than enter in at the gate.

Talk about vain imaginings. :chuckle:

The best reason to accept the clear and simple explanation of animal skins is that God chose to show Adam that his best attempts were inadequate but that He, Himself, would provide a covering suited to him in His plan of Redemption as it would unfold. If it were anything else, we would have no clue as to what it would be and this verse, and its eternal meaning, would be lost to us.

That God would provide would be perfectly adequate.

glorydaz

Nah, that goes away from the very character of God's requirement of blood to atone for sin. If we are going to guess, I ain't going for your lame intellectually dishonest guess. Come on honeygirl! Why would He say "let skins be cuvrun" God is consistent which is why we can deduce the fact that animal blood was shed, death for the first time entered into the creation.

For someone who claims to know the Jewish religion so well, you sure fall short of the facts. The blood sacrifices never atoned for sins....they were a temporary reprieve offered by God to appease man's conscience, until Christ came and gave his LIFE on the cross.

And if you call me "honeygirl" again or anything like it, I will report you.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
What the story does not say is that GOD killed an animal, spilled it's blood for forgiveness, and skinned it in order to cover them.

I quite agree that there was no forgiveness in the blood of an animal. There never is.

This is a slanderous bald-faced lie.
I can tell by your slanderous statement that you have no idea who believers are around here.
I believe GOD provided everything for eternal life, and that man provided nothing for eternal life.
And GOD did not have to kill and sacrifice an animal for it's blood to accomplish that for Adam.

Wow! Slanderous. Twice!!
A little much, don't you think?

You may have me mixed up with someone else but, I don't believe that any animal sacrifice ever savingly covered sin and provided eternal life for anyone. It is not possible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sin.

What takes away sin is Christ's blood and grace alone, operating by faith, and always has. Those in the OT who obeyed God and participated in the sacrificial system may have had very little redemptive light but nevertheless exercised faith and by grace were saved by Christ's blood which, redemptively speaking, is timeless. Animal sacrifices pointed toward Christ and were a type of Christ's perfect sacrifice. They believed God and it was counted to them for righteousness. Hebrews 11 tells us all about that. Christ is God and they placed their faith in Him. In fact, it even tells us that Abel was saved by faith. Heb 11:4KJV

Danoh

For someone who claims to know the Jewish religion so well, you sure fall short of the facts. The blood sacrifices never atoned for sins....they were a temporary reprieve offered by God to appease man's conscience, until Christ came and gave his LIFE on the cross.

Yep.

Or as the writer of Hebrews reminded them...

Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

glorydaz

She is TOO literal in her sense of some passages, and not literal ENOUGH in her sense of other passages.

It's that Hybrid she and hers hold to - their every departure is from that kind of Too Literal Here/Not Literal Enough There.

Thing is, despite their ever finger pointing at all but one another - ever - nevertheless they all easily take great offence to having this pointed out to them.

Even ribbing them is taken TOO literally by them :chuckle:

One cannot reason with such.

The Lord Himself failed with such.

It is...what it is.

Oops, he and his seem to be gossiping like a couple of little school girls. :help:

I wonder if their voices get all high as they giggle and wink at one another?

No doubt they lock arms and skip off together to the next thread. Such little charmers!!!

Danoh

Oops, he and his seem to be gossiping like a couple of little school girls. :help:

I wonder if their voices get all high as they giggle and wink at one another?

No doubt they lock arms and skip off together to the next thread. Such little charmers!!!

How about that: I made your day, twice; in one day :chuckle:

glorydaz

Get your heart out of the gutter of this world.

She is a sister in the Lord; not some lost woman in hot pants; you fool.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

:doh:

You're such a hypocrite. You invite him to join you in the gutter, and when he does you play the holier than thou.

glorydaz

All scripture is true. Even this verse that talks about animal skins. The Lord began teaching that "without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins" even to the recently fallen Adam and Eve.

I quite agree that there was no forgiveness in the blood of an animal. There never is.

Wow! Slanderous. Twice!!
A little much, don't you think?

You may have me mixed up with someone else but, I don't believe that any animal sacrifice ever savingly covered sin and provided eternal life for anyone. It is not possible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sin.

Mixed up with someone else, or just plain mixed up? :think:

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Nah, that goes away from the very character of God's requirement of blood to atone for sin. If we are going to guess, I ain't going for your lame intellectually dishonest guess. Come on honeygirl! Why would He say "let skins be cuvrun" God is consistent which is why we can deduce the fact that animal blood was shed, death for the first time entered into the creation.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

You bring up a good point honeyboy!

By graphically showing Adam and Eve death and making them wear it, He drives the point home that things have drastically changed.
I can imagine there was quite a high "Yucky" factor involved.

Reality check time!

glorydaz

She is TOO literal in her sense of some passages, and not literal ENOUGH in her sense of other passages.

It's that Hybrid she and hers hold to - their every departure is from that kind of Too Literal Here/Not Literal Enough There.

Thing is, despite their ever finger pointing at all but one another - ever - nevertheless they all easily take great offence to having this pointed out to them.

Even ribbing them is taken TOO literally by them :chuckle:

One cannot reason with such.

The Lord Himself failed with such.

It is...what it is.

How so?

I've never invited intojoy anywhere.

You, dreamer; you :D

It is..... what it is.

Danoh

You do realize there is a difference between teaching a redemptive principle and having the principle be redemptive...right?

Same kind of a two-fold principle in a passage like the following...

Romans 16:7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

glorydaz

You bring up a good point honeyboy!

By graphically showing Adam and Eve death and making them wear it, He drives the point home that things have drastically changed.
I can imagine there was quite a high "Yucky" factor involved.

Reality check time!

Cool, now we get to change this verse....

"Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them."​

To this one.....

The Lord God did make them fresh cut skins dripping blood and gore down their ankles as they're driven weeping from the garden.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?