Ukraine Crisis

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The information below is obviously true, because while the Kremlin claims that Putin earns an annual salary of $140,000, his net worth is estimated to be in excess of $200 billion. It shows what a fraud Putin is, and why he cannot be trusted about anything at all, ever:

marke

The information below is obviously true, because while the Kremlin claims that Putin earns an annual salary of $140,000, his net worth is estimated to be in excess of $200 billion. It shows what a fraud Putin is, and why he cannot be trusted about anything at all, ever:

Ungodly political leaders from all over the world are usually large-scale thieves. Corruption in America is massive even though America is a nation that has benefitted a great deal from good Christian influence, so imagine how much theft goes on involving wicked, God-rejecting, barbarians in power in other nations.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

World treats crises affecting black, white lives unequally: WHO chief

The WHO chief said Wednesday that the world was treating humanitarian crises affecting black and white lives unequally, with only a "fraction" of the attention on Ukraine given elsewhere.​
World Health Organization's director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the emergencies happening in other parts of the world were not being taken as seriously and hoped the international community "comes back to its senses".​
"I don't know if the world really gives equal attention to black and white lives," Tedros told a news conference.​
"The whole attention to Ukraine is very important of course, because it impacts the whole world.​
"But even a fraction of it is not being given to Tigray, Yemen, Afghanistan and Syria and the rest. A fraction.​
"I need to be blunt and honest that the world is not treating the human race the same way. Some are more equal than others. And when I say this, it pains me. Because I see it. Very difficult to accept but it's happening."​

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

The WHO chief said Wednesday that the world was treating humanitarian crises affecting black and white lives unequally, with only a "fraction" of the attention on Ukraine given elsewhere.​
World Health Organization's director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the emergencies happening in other parts of the world were not being taken as seriously and hoped the international community "comes back to its senses".​
"I don't know if the world really gives equal attention to black and white lives," Tedros told a news conference.​
"The whole attention to Ukraine is very important of course, because it impacts the whole world.​
"But even a fraction of it is not being given to Tigray, Yemen, Afghanistan and Syria and the rest. A fraction.​
"I need to be blunt and honest that the world is not treating the human race the same way. Some are more equal than others. And when I say this, it pains me. Because I see it. Very difficult to accept but it's happening."​
Fascinating that Tedros didn't mention the million Uyghurs imprisoned in China.

And of the four countries mentioned, one of them is black, one of them has a sizable afro-arab population, and the other two would bristle at being called black.

And none of them are important geopolitically. Not even close to being important in the same manner as Ukraine is.

Much like the fact that the Uyghurs are not important geopolitically. It's more important for international organizations to stay on the good side of China than to bring up the Uyghurs.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I'm hearing more and more people complain about the Russian atrocities so much that they're willing to risk WWIII to stop it.

Nonsense! Quit it! I don't want to see what's happening anymore than anyone else does, but we're talking whole cities made into glass craters here. No. "Let them."

This is a real life trolley problem. I hate trolley problems. They are contrived, but here we have one in reality. Do we let Ukrainians continue to get murdered, tortured, raped, or do we start a hot war with Russia?

What if we end up in a hot war with Russia 'by accident' anyway though? If this happens, then we truly have let Ukrainians die and suffer in vain, because that's the reason no one's coming to their aid right now. We're trying to avoid WWIII. They are dying, being raped, and having all their earthly possessions destroyed, all on our behalf, so that the rest of us don't have to have one or more of our cities turned into a glass crater of disintegrated rubble.

No, what we need to do is double down on not causing WWIII even by accident.

I am sorry that nuclear and particularly H-bomb tech exists, but we can't put that toothpaste back in the tube.

We need to work long-term to resolve the H-bomb problem. In the near-term, that means, regrettably, with Russia in Ukraine, "Let them." It means another proxy war, which never before led to WWIII, so hopefully this one won't either, so long as we leave it as a proxy war only.

We have to figure this thing out. Multiple sovereign states is all well and good so long as everyone behaves with their nukes. But what if they don't? Then we'll be looking back on this time as one of the dumbest accidental experiments ever conducted by mankind. Not evil, not like Nazi experiments on humans, but dumb. And Vlad Putin is king of the Dumb.

Arthur Brain

Some of the Putin apologists probably think he's a philanthropist...

marke

The WHO chief is complaining about a problem that is not a real problem and even if it was it has no logical or practical solution. Of course the world is not focusing much on the murder and imprisonment of Christians in China and North Korea, the butchering of innocents in Afghanistan and other Muslim nations, or the starvation in nations raped and robbed by fascist rulers whose goal is self-satisfaction to the bitter oppression of the citizens, and so forth.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The WHO chief is complaining about a problem that is not a real problem and even if it was it has no logical or practical solution. Of course the world is not focusing much on the murder and imprisonment of Christians in China and North Korea, the butchering of innocents in Afghanistan and other Muslim nations, or the starvation in nations raped and robbed by fascist rulers whose goal is self-satisfaction to the bitter oppression of the citizens, and so forth.

He's making a very good point, which will be lost on racists, and so forth.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
He's making a very good point, which will be lost on racists, and so forth.
Did you notice that he ignored the fact that Joe the Rapist's open border has led to the rape and sexual molestation of thousands and thousands of women and children?

Of course you didn't. Because you don't care about the rape and sexual molestation of thousands and thousands of women and children. Because they're brown. And you're racist.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm hearing more and more people complain about the Russian atrocities so much that they're willing to risk WWIII to stop it.

They aren't complaining, exactly, it isn't like their favorite ice cream wasn't in stock at the grocery store. They're horrified, and they want something done to make it stop. That's human. The governments of many countries know they're walking a diplomatic and historic tightrope, and they're trying to get it right. So far, I think they've done well on our side, and as I've said before, I hope they continue to do everything they can, short of sending our troops into Ukraine. I don't want that to happen, but I'm not sure that it won't happen.

We have to figure this thing out. Multiple sovereign states is all well and good so long as everyone behaves with their nukes. But what if they don't? Then we'll be looking back on this time as one of the dumbest accidental experiments ever conducted by mankind. Not evil, not like Nazi experiments on humans, but dumb. And Vlad Putin is king of the Dumb.

So far Ukraine is holding its own. They just sank the flagship of the Russian fleet, the Moskva (Moscow). This is a huge psychological victory for Ukraine, and a huge humiliation for Putin. The Moskva was the "Russian warship, go [redacted] yourself" warship of the Snake Island defenders who will go down in history for their humorous courage. So we keep arming Ukraine, sharing intelligence, providing humanitarian relief, doing what we can. We have to.

Last edited:

Idolater

They aren't complaining, exactly, it isn't like their favorite ice cream wasn't in stock at the grocery store.
I wasn't making light. I said "complain" when I defined rape in that other thread, it's serious to complain, or it's at least not necessarily light.
They're horrified, and they want something done to make it stop.
Of course, as do I. Some sort of massive coordinated 'decapitation' multiple assassination is the ideal here, which is completely impossible, but doing anything right now or ever, to bring us closer to WWIII, cannot be entertained is all I'm saying. We have to just "Let them". We're in this real life trolley problem, which means we've been violated in our rights already just being here, which means there isn't really any immoral response here, none that we can be blamed for. Putin the censored did this to us, and he is the responsible party in whatever anybody else winds up doing in response or reaction to this illegal and immoral unprovoked invasion. Anything anyone does here is done under duress. We must pray for peace. Long-term, we need to resolve the H-bomb tech problem and lack of international rule of law.
That's human. The governments of many countries know they're walking a diplomatic and historic tightrope, and they're trying to get it right. So far, I think they've done well on our side, and as I've said before, I hope they continue to do everything they can, short of sending our troops into Ukraine. I don't want that to happen, but I'm not sure that it won't happen.

So far Ukraine is holding its own. They just sank the flagship of the Russian fleet, the Moskva (Moscow). This is a huge psychological victory for Ukraine, and a huge humiliation for Putin. The Moskva was the "Russian warship, go [redacted] yourself" warship of the Snake Island defenders who will go down in history for their humorous courage. So we keep arming Ukraine, sharing intelligence, providing humanitarian relief, doing what we can. We have to.
It's a proxy war. Vietnam, Afghanistan (1980s Afghanistan), Ukraine. They haven't led to WWIII yet, hopefully this one won't too. I just hate having H-bombs and no rule of law. We can't do anything about the former, but hopefully we can address the latter.

Idolater

We're in this real life trolley problem, which means we've been violated in our rights already just being here, which means there isn't really any immoral response here, none that we can be blamed for.
You have to imagine here a bad guy of some sort, and he or she or neither he nor she puts you in a position where there's only wrong answers. They do something horrific like make you choose between your wife and your daughter, you have to make a choice, only one will live, and it's put in your own hands which.

That's a bad guy!!!!

And your rights have been trampled.

It's the bad guy's fault, no matter how it turns out. It's not 'on you'.
Putin the censored did this to us, and he is the responsible party in whatever anybody else winds up doing in response or reaction to this illegal and immoral unprovoked invasion. Anything anyone does here is done under duress. We must pray for peace. Long-term, we need to resolve the H-bomb tech problem and lack of international rule of law.

It's a proxy war. Vietnam, Afghanistan (1980s Afghanistan), Ukraine. They haven't led to WWIII yet, hopefully this one won't too. I just hate having H-bombs and no rule of law. We can't do anything about the former, but hopefully we can address the latter.
Maybe NATO's the answer.

Maybe that's how this ends.

NATO becomes the new UN, the UN that 'counts'. That's nice that Russia and China are in the UN, but since they're not in NATO, then they're really not legitimate members of the global community of sovereign nations.

What I seriously doubt about NATO as a long-term permanent resolution of the problem of H-bomb tech existing, is that it's a loose confederation. It will and does require agreement and basically consensus among its members. The United States founders 'fiddled' with a loose confederation for years before abandoning it in favor of our current very powerful (and very powerfully 'separated', by powers) federal constitution. Their reasons are cogent and timeless, nothing has changed in the past 230 years with regard to their reasons.

But in spite of this, perhaps NATO will be the end of this.

Worth noting that one of the justifications offered by Russian apologists here is that they didn't want Ukraine to join NATO. Well, now Finland and Sweden are newly considering joining NATO themselves, which would put two NATO nations right on their doorstep, instead of maybe possibly just one in Ukraine, if they did join.

What's Russia going to do now? Invade Finland? Doubt. But does anyone think the Russians really thought this one all the way through? Didn't anyone in Putin the Moron's circle think what other nations might come to think upon an invasion? Finns and Swedes see what they're doing, and they're thinking that NATO doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Last edited: