ECT Two Gospels Preached During The Acts Period

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

Nope.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They teach that they WERE God's chosen people. And they teach that in the future they will once again be the Lord's chosen people:

"And I will bring them (Israel), and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness...And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing...In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you" (Zech.8:8,13,23).​

Of course you have no place for the fulfillment of this prophecy so you are forced to put a meaning on it which is foreign to what is actually said.

Nope.

1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

LA

turbosixx

Yes, when preaching to the Jews Peter and Paul preached the same message. Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus"
(Gal.1:15-17).

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road
How do you know he received a gospel here?

when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles
How do you know he received another gospel, do you have a scripture for this?

I see him only telling us of receiving it once and I assume he received it when he went up into the 3rd Heaven but I don't know if the bible really tells us when.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

How do you know he received a gospel here?

Because shortly after his encounter with the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he began to preach the following to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

Was that not "good news" or gospel to the Jews?

Of course it was. How did Paul receive that gospel? He could have only received it from the Lord on the Damascus road.

How do you know he received another gospel, do you have a scripture for this?

At Galatians 1 Paul speaks of the gospel which he preached to those in the churches which he founded and he says that he received that gospel from the Lord Jesus for the express purpose to preach it among the Gentiles:

"But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ...But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the Gentiles" (Gal.1:11-12; 15-16).​

We can understand that the gospel of which Paul is speaking is strictly for the Gentiles by his remarks later in the same epistle:

"And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain"
(Gal.2:2).​

If there were only "one" gospel then there would be absolutely no reason to specify that the gospel that he is speaking of is the one "which I preach among the Gentiles."

If the gospel he preached among the Gentiles was the same gospel which he preached among the Jews then why would he need to go to Jerusalem in order to consider its relationship to the gospel which he had preached earlier in the company of some of the Apostles (Acts 9:27-29)? Of course there would be no reason for him to do that if the gospel which he earlier preached with other apostles was the same one that he was preaching to the Gentiles.

Jerry Shugart

1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

These words are addressed to Christians and they are not referring to the nation of Israel because at the time those words were written national Israel had been temporarily set aside as the Lord's special people:

"For if their having been cast aside has carried with it the reconciliation of the world, what will their being accepted again be but Life out of death?
(Ro.11:15; WNT).​

Now they have been cast aside but Paul speaks about their acceptance in the future. And in the future the Jewish people will be restored to their previous favored position:

"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth"
(Deut.7:6).​

It is ridiculous to argue that the Jews who make up the nation of Israel today are holy people. But in the future all those of both the house of Israel and the house of Judah will have their sins forgiven and be holy people (Jer.31:31-34).

Last edited:

turbosixx

Because shortly after his encounter with the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he began to preach the following to the Jews:

Was that not "good news" or gospel to the Jews?

Of course it was. How did Paul receive that gospel? He could have only received it from the Lord on the Damascus road.

At Galatians 1 Paul speaks of the gospel which he preached to those in the churches which he founded and he says that he received that gospel from the Lord Jesus for the express purpose to preach it among the Gentiles:

"But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ...But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the Gentiles" (Gal.1:11-12; 15-16).​

We can understand that the gospel of which Paul is speaking is strictly for the Gentiles by his remarks later in the same epistle:

"And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain"
(Gal.2:2).​

If there were only "one" gospel then there would be absolutely no reason to specify that the gospel that he is speaking of is the one "which I preach among the Gentiles."

If the gospel he preached among the Gentiles was the same gospel which he preached among the Jews then why would he need to go to Jerusalem in order to consider its relationship to the gospel which he had preached earlier in the company of some of the Apostles (Acts 9:27-29)? Of course there would be no reason for him to do that if the gospel which he earlier preached with other apostles was the same one that he was preaching to the Gentiles.

If we look at the context what gospel isn't the issue, its circumcision. Since Paul never compared notes with the apostles he wanted to be sure he was teaching the truth about circumcision. Who went to whom to be sure they were teaching the truth?
and set before them the gospel that I proclaim among the Gentiles, in order to make sure I was not running or had not run in vain.

When they compare what each one is teaching, there was no difference and they were in agreement. The apostles gave their approval.
those, I say, who seemed influential added nothing to me……9 and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me,
They added nothing because circumcision isn't part of the gospel.

There is nothing in this passage to suggest two different gospels. One gospel to two different audiences like it says in Romans.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel…to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

If you look at the Greek Interlinear, the gospel is only mentioned ONCE in v7 because it's the same one.

turbosixx

No, it is you who is failin to understand these simple truths.

Anyone with the least bit of Spiritual discernment can understand that the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is not the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God!

Get with the program son.

Christ is just the Greek word for Messiah. What do you think made him the Christ?

Right Divider

Body part
If we look at the context what gospel isn't the issue, its circumcision. Since Paul never compared notes with the apostles he wanted to be sure he was teaching the truth about circumcision. Who went to whom to be sure they were teaching the truth?
That is hilarious. That old "Paul had to check in" thing. Nothing could be MORE ridiculous than that!

So Paul, being the careful minister of Christ that he was, waited SEVENTEEN years to "make sure that he was teaching the same thing"?

So when the RISEN and ASCENDED LORD Jesus Christ spoke to Paul, was His message unclear?

Quit believing in the mythology of churchianity and start believing the CLEAR and SIMPLE reading of the Bible.
Gal 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Gal 1:15-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:15) But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called [me] by his grace, (1:16) To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: (1:17) Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. (1:18) Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. (1:19) But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother. (1:20) Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. (1:21) Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; (1:22) And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: (1:23) But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. (1:24) And they glorified God in me.
Gal 2:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:1) Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with [me] also. (2:2) And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

Yes, that sounds like a man that needs to "check" his REVELATION.... NOT!

turbosixx

Poor turbosixx, can't handle the scriptures rightly divided and posts "excuses and work arounds".

I notice that you never actually address the facts.

No need to address the "facts" because your not concerned with facts.

Fact is, in Gal. 2:7 gospel is only mentioned once because it's the same gospel.
Fact is, rightly "dividing" isn't talking about separating, it's talking about handling correctly. There is a Greek word for dividing/separating but orthotomounta isn't it.
Fact is, without the out dated English of the KJV, your arguments fall apart.

turbosixx

That is hilarious. That old "Paul had to check in" thing. Nothing could be MORE ridiculous than that!

So Paul, being the careful minister of Christ that he was, waited SEVENTEEN years to "make sure that he was teaching the same thing"?

So when the RISEN and ASCENDED LORD Jesus Christ spoke to Paul, was His message unclear?

Quit believing in the mythology of churchianity and start believing the CLEAR and SIMPLE reading of the Bible.
Gal 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Gal 1:15-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:15) But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called [me] by his grace, (1:16) To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: (1:17) Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. (1:18) Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. (1:19) But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother. (1:20) Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. (1:21) Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; (1:22) And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: (1:23) But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. (1:24) And they glorified God in me.
Gal 2:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:1) Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with [me] also. (2:2) And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

Yes, that sounds like a man that needs to "check" his REVELATION.... NOT!

You don't like what it says do you?

in order to make sure I was not running or had not run in vain.

Right Divider

Body part
When they compare what each one is teaching, there was no difference and they were in agreement. The apostles gave their approval.
those, I say, who seemed influential added nothing to me……9 and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me,
They added nothing because circumcision isn't part of the gospel.
You scripture PERVERTERS are just amazing!!!

Your sneaky little satanic DOT DOT DOT is NOT going to work with those of US that know our Bible.

Gal 2:6-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:6) But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed [to be somewhat] in conference added nothing to me: (2:7) But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as [the gospel] of the circumcision [was] unto Peter; (2:8) (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) (2:9) And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we [should go] unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but you've proven who your daddy really is you child of the devil.

Paul ADDED something to THEM.

turbosixx

Your sneaky little satanic DOT DOT DOT is NOT going to work with those of US that know our Bible.[INDENT

The more I read your post, the more I see this verse is you.

3 If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, 4 he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions,

Paul ADDED something to THEM.
Where's your facts?