ECT Two Bodies of Believers in the NT

Danoh

Re your post #20, GO, how we handle any word abuse thrown our way will unavoidably reveal whether or not we have received it in kind.

As for the other - have you really studied out this two agency distinction in light of its many distinctions?

Can you really say you have done that?

I mean that as a challenge that you consider doing so; not as a false accusation of some sort.

And, I myself hold to this two-fold distinction. You are therefore inadvertently asserting I also am attempting a division (divisiveness) of some sort by my holding to this distinction.

I know that nothing could be further from my mind.

Danoh

If only we could all be praised for having the perfect and well-grounded knowledge displayed by the Corinthians in the first century.
_____
The First Epistle of Clement to the Corinthians

Chapter I.—The salutation. Praise of the Corinthians before the breaking forth of schism among them.
The Church of God which sojourns at Rome, to the Church of God sojourning at Corinth, to them that are called and sanctified by the will of God, through our Lord Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, from Almighty God through Jesus Christ, be multiplied.
Owing, dear brethren, to the sudden and successive calamitous events which have happened to ourselves, we feel that we have been somewhat tardy in turning our attention to the points respecting which you consulted us;3 and especially to that shameful and detestable sedition, utterly abhorrent to the elect of God, which a few rash and self-confident persons have kindled to such a pitch of frenzy, that your venerable and illustrious name, worthy to be universally loved, has suffered grievous injury.4 For who ever dwelt even for a short time among you, and did not find your faith to be as fruitful of virtue as it was firmly established?5 Who did not admire the sobriety and moderation of your godliness in Christ? Who did not proclaim the magnificence of your habitual hospitality? And who did not rejoice over your perfect and well-grounded knowledge? For ye did all things without respect of persons, and walked in the commandments of God, being obedient to those who had the rule over you, and giving all fitting honour to the presbyters among you. Ye enjoined young men to be of a sober and serious mind; ye instructed your wives to do all things with a blameless, becoming, and pure conscience, loving their husbands as in duty bound; and ye taught them that, living in the rule of obedience, they should manage their household affairs becomingly, and be in every respect marked by discretion.
_____​

Way back then when Irenaeus spent time learning what it meant to be a Christian from Paul himself?

Lol - 2 Tim. 3:16-17's promise is still in effect :)

genuineoriginal

Re your post #20, GO, how we handle any word abuse thrown our way will unavoidably reveal whether or not we have received it in kind.

As for the other - have you really studied out this two agency distinction in light of its many distinctions?

Can you really say you have done that?

I mean that as a challenge that you consider doing so; not as a false accusation of some sort.
I have actually done the opposite, and studied how the teachings of Jesus, Paul, Peter, James, and John all work together.

And, I myself hold to this two-fold distinction. You are therefore inadvertently asserting I also am attempting a division (divisiveness) of some sort by my holding to this distinction.

I know that nothing could be further from my mind.
No, you would not consider that you are causing the very division that you already believe exists.

Danoh

I have actually done the opposite, and studied how the teachings of Jesus, Paul, Peter, James, and John all work together.

No, you would not consider that you are causing the very division that you already believe exists.

Now, run your math through...the things that differ between them.

And, are you sure you know what division it is I myself actually hold to as existing?

Seems to me such a conjecture on your part is merely more of the same as to how you arrive at your two and two's resulting five.

Personally, I've yet to find a school of thought anywhere in life where all are on the same page as to the meaning of this, or that, on one thing or another.

Thus, where you might conclude divisiveness, I often see individual perspective is what is actually manifesting.

musterion

The OP is trying to create the exact same divisions among Christians as Paul addressed in the letter to the Corinthians.

First ask, "What was the cause of those divisions?" Corinthians were splitting into those factions for a very specific reason. Do you know what it was?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

James 1:1 KJV - to the scattered tribes, not us.

genuineoriginal

James 1:1 KJV - to the scattered tribes
Which is in harmony with the teachings of Jesus.

Matthew 10:5-6
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.​

That kind of thinking is why there are divisions among us.

Paul taught otherwise.

Galatians 3:28
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.​

heir

TOL Subscriber
Have you learned anything from what Paul does?
Must you shave your head (Acts 21:24 KJV)? No, of course not. We must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

Do you also believe all things which are written in the law and in the prophets?
I believe all scripture and recognize that while it is all given by inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV) and all for us (Romans 15:4 KJV), it is not all TO us or about us (Matthew 15:24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV).

john w

Hall of Fame

Translated....

Bible-Blender-Header-larger.png

....drink up, shriner!!!! Drink it all!!!! And add, "and it's all written to everyone specifically, applies to them, and is for everyone's obedience!!!!"

heir

TOL Subscriber
All believers are part of the body of Christ.
:nono:

The intent of the OP is to claim that some believers are not part of the body of Christ.
The intent of the OP is to show you the differences between that of Israel and the Body of Christ. Mixing the two is one of the major blunders of the religious system that keeps people in bondage.

She draws lines around believers that follow Paul and claim only they are of the body of Christ, and separates out the ones that follow Cephas (Peter) and claim that they are not part of the body of Christ.
Only those who have trusted the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as the power of God to save them are in the Body of Christ. The 12 apostles never even heard that gospel that Paul preached among the Gentiles until Paul went up by revelation (the time of Acts 15) and communicated it unto them (Galatians 2:1-9 KJV).

That is intentionally causing divisions among believers.
No, it is clarifying and clearing up the MUDdy waters.

I hold no animosity towards heir or any of the "MAD" people.
As you shouldn't. It is God approved (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV).

There is no merit to what was stated in the OP, and it is the false doctrine of "two gospels for two peoples" that I am addressing, not any of the people.
The Lord Himself and the 12 preached a gospel for three plus years yet it did not include the good news "that Christ died for our sins". It was a very real gospel (the gospel of the kingdom), yet not the gospel that Paul was later given by the risen, ascended Lord Jesus Christ to Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV the gospel of Christ 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) that was at that time a mystery (Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

Danoh

Which is in harmony with the teachings of Jesus.

Matthew 10:5-6
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.​

That kind of thinking is why there are divisions among us.

Paul taught otherwise.

Galatians 3:28
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.​

No.

The kind of thinking that results in divisions, or schisms (breaking off from one another) is how differences in understanding, as well as differences with one another, are handled.

When either is mishandled; divisivness is the result.

1 Corinthians 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. 11:19 For there must be herecies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Again, how differences between the saints are handled end up showing who is the one actually up to "a division between" the saints.

The one who allowed animosity to take root as evidenced by his actions and or accusations, or the one who had strived to root it out before it took hold of him.

And determining which was the case is determined by the principle of...

1 Corinthians 6:4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

But, as this is a forum, not a local assembly, well, there goes that...

All that one can hope for is that each strive to "walk according to this rule" that follows...

Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

genuineoriginal

Must you shave your head (Acts 21:24 KJV)?
No, of course not.
Shaving the head is only commanded for the cleansing of leprosy (Leviticus 14:8-9) and the end of the vow of the Nazarite (Numbers 6:18-19)

We must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.
The English translations of that verse have caused a lot of heretical doctrines.
The word ὀρθοτομέω means "to make straight and smooth, to handle aright, to teach the truth directly and correctly", not split it up into what you want to apply to you and what you don't want to apply to you.

I believe all scripture and recognize that while it is all given by inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV) and all for us (Romans 15:4 KJV), it is not all TO us or about us (Matthew 15:24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV).
Even though you claim it is for us, you find excuses to reject the truths found in those scriptures with your claims that it is not "TO us".

heir

TOL Subscriber

Rightly dividing is not causing division.

Rightly dividing is to separate one from another. We can see a biblical example of rightly dividing as the Lord will rightly divide the nations at the second coming:

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Matthew 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Are you going to now accuse the Lord of causing division?

Danoh

Heir, share with me again your understanding of why Paul brought up the Lord's Supper; I just saw something there I'd not seen before.

Or pm it, if you believe you need to.

Thanks.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, of course not.
Shaving the head is only commanded for the cleansing of leprosy (Leviticus 14:8-9) and the end of the vow of the Nazarite (Numbers 6:18-19)
And yet, Paul did it. Those who rightly divide know why (1 Corinthians 1:22 KJV).

The English translations of that verse have caused a lot of heretical doctrines.
The word ὀρθοτομέω means "to make straight and smooth, to handle aright, to teach the truth directly and correctly", not split it up into what you want to apply to you and what you don't want to apply to you.
It means what it says.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

It is the word of truth that must be rightly divided and it's pretty easy to see what "the word of truth" is. Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The word of truth, the gospel of your salvation is:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

There's more than one gospel in your Bible. If you don't rightly divide (separate out) the gospel that is "the gospel of YOUR salvation" as mentioned in Ephesians 1:13 KJV above, from others, you could be believing the wrong gospel that is not the gospel that is the power of God to save you in the dispensation of the grace of God. Our good news must be divided out from other good news in the Bible!

Even though you claim it is for us, you find excuses to reject the truths found in those scriptures with your claims that it is not "TO us".
I get to believe all of the Bible, while you have to struggle, twist, stretch and wrest things that differ in your failed attempt to force them to say the same thing which you know they don't. It would be more excellent for you to approve them believing they mean what they say, as they say it and to whom they say it.