ECT Two Bodies of Believers in the NT

heir

TOL Subscriber
Let me just say right off the bat that this is not a thread about two bodies of Christ as there is, but one Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV, Ephesians 4:4 KJV). This thread is about two bodies of believers in the so called NT.

One is a royal priesthood, an holy nation (1 Peter 2:9 KJV) made up of kings and priests /from the 12 Tribes that James wrote to (James 1:1 KJV) who will become that holy nation that Peter talked about, to whom Hebrews is written and to whom John wrote 1, 2, 3 John and Revelation (Revelation 1:6 KJV, Revelation 5:10 KJV). The doctrine of Peter, James and John has to do with Christ's second coming/ His earthly rule and reign. There are Gentiles wo inherit this kingdom (the kingdom of heaven)(Matthew 25:34 KJV), but they are there as a result of their blessing Israel during the Great Tribulation (Matthew 25:31-46 KJV).

None of the above describes the one Body, the church, which is His Body (Ephesians 1:22-23 KJV), nor our gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), standing (Romans 4:25 KJV,1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV, Galatians 2:16 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Colossians 2:10-13 KJV), position (Colossians 3:11 KJV) or inheritance (Ephesians 2:6 KJV, Philippians 3:20-21 KJV, Colossians 3:1-2 KJV).

It's your job to figure out which one you belong to and start rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV) instead of following the religious system that has been confusing and mixing it up from the getgo!

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

1 Corinthians 1:12-13
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?​

john w

Hall of Fame

1 Corinthians 1:12-13
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?​

Nice selective, isolated verse, spammed, out of the context, the context being the verses that proceeded it. That is slick......very slick.....Slick as an eel slitering down a drain pipe.

The preceding....

10 I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

The context is division, contentions, within the Corinthian church, members of the boc there, one of the most carnal group of saints, but still forever justified members of the boc(another thread on the issue that was driving the division/contention) The passage you quoted, and its surrounding verses, had NADA to do with the boc, vs. the believing remnant of the nation Israel, the subject of the thread.

elohiym

Nice selective, isolated verse, spammed, out of the context, the context being the verses that proceeded it. That is slick......very slick.....Slick as an eel slitering down a drain pipe.

Nobody called on you. Take a seat in the back of the class. Further back. Yes, that's better.

What are you mumbling?

Yes I can. I am justified forever. I could deny the Lord Jesus Christ, worship satan, kill 100000000000 people, and I am justified forever.

No, fool. Now hush or you'll have to stay for detention... again. :dunce:

john w

Hall of Fame
Nobody called on you. Take a seat in the back of the class. Further back. Yes, that's better.

What are you mumbling?

No, fool. Now hush or you'll have to stay for detention... again. :dunce:

Oh. Still have your cranky pants on, since I decided to send you to your room, and have a seat, in the corner, toots, on the last thread, in which you spammed, grunted, snorted? Still vying for my attention? I get that, toots-many use my fame, and notoriety, and greatness, to call attention to themselves. I feel so cheap sometimes, however.

Can you dig it? She is now grinding those big, bad wolf-ette molars, as she reads this....

Now, retake your seat, pull up your bunny shirt, and take your nap."Sesame Street" is not on until 4:30, Wolfie.

elohiym

Oh. [Burble]

You can't worship Satan and be a believer at the same time. Those are mutually exclusive ideas. Your false gospel makes you think you have a license to do all those immoral things you listed without eternal consequence.

john w

Hall of Fame
You can't worship Satan and be a believer at the same time. They are mutually exclusive ideas. Your false gospel makes you think you have a license to do all those immoral things you listed without eternal consequence.

The old reliable "license to sin...I am a rat, but I'm a cleaner rat, than my fellow rats, so I must be saved" satanic spam.

That's your best shot, toots?

List the sins for which your(my emphasis) fake probation officer, fraud, impotent s(my emphasis)aviour did not die.

List the "immoral things" for which your(my emphasis) fake probation officer, fraud, impotent s(my emphasis)aviour did not die.

I will wait....for an eternity.

elohiym

The old reliable "license to sin...I am a rat, but I'm a cleaner rat, than my fellow rats, so I must be saved" satanic spam.

That's what you're pushing, not me.

Seeing you cannot see.

Anyway, Heir asked me in a rep comment to leave so I'm leaving.

:wave2:

john w

Hall of Fame
That's what you're pushing, not me.

Seeing you cannot see.

Anyway, Heir asked me in a rep comment to leave so I'm leaving.

:wave2:

Nope this is you, wolfie-The old reliable "license to sin...I am a rat, but I'm a cleaner rat, than my fellow rats, so I must be saved" satanic spam. Face you....seared, defiled conscience, and all.

Yes, leave-hop on that high chair horse,head on out, and close the door, as this TOL area is reserved for members of the boc-"Christianity" section. Don't come back real soon, Cousin It.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

The preceding....

10 I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

The context is division, contentions, within the Corinthian church, members of the boc there, one of the most carnal group of saints, but still forever justified members of the boc(another thread on the issue that was driving the division/contention) The passage you quoted, and its surrounding verses, had NADA to do with the boc, vs. the believing remnant of the nation Israel, the subject of the thread.
The OP is trying to create the exact same divisions among Christians as Paul addressed in the letter to the Corinthians.

john w

Hall of Fame
The OP is trying to create the exact same divisions among Christians as Paul addressed in the letter to the Corinthians.

Made up. Standard fare....cliche.

What a mess.....It's time, to clear the fog, again, on this "You are dividing Christians!!!!!!" smoke screen, jazz.

Kiddies like GO, learn, through repetition. Thus, let's forget the "Patty Cake, Patty Cake" jazz, and "cut to the chase," so to speak, GO. We are all busy men, and women. It's time for my annual vent.....

The Holy Bible refers to "the church of the living God" as "the pillar and ground of the truth"(1 Timothy 3:15 KJV). "...thy word is truth."(John 17:17 KJV)

So, if anyone where to split, divide, a "church", just what would be the basis/justification of the split? One half(or whatever) sides with the truth, rightly divided(2 Timothy 2:15 KJV), the other half sides with error, not "sound doctrine", as preached by our apostle Paul(not Peter, not "the 12"), in this "dispensation of the grace of God"(yes, "dispensation" is a scriptural, biblical word, and a good one, at that(1 Cor. 9:17 KJV; Eph. 1:10 KJV, Eph.3:2 KJV; Col. 1:25 KJV). This, like arguing, is to be embraced-it is a good thing. This is one of the harshest "truths", realities, to accept for babes in Christ(1 Cor. 3 KJV), the sheep: the secrecy of so many Christians, when it comes to "whom are you following?"

I say, once again, shine some light in the dark "churches." Expose everybody to the light: Psalms 119:105 KJV(trans-dispensational biblical doctrine). Cockroaches scurry when the light is shone on them.

Split, split, split them up, I say. Split, split, and keep splitting. The Lord Jesus Christ came to split. He was, and is, the great divider: Genesis 1:4 KJV; Matthew 10:34 KJV, Mt.25:32 KJV; Luke 12:51 KJV; John 7:43 KJV, John 9:16 KJV, John 10:19 KJV; Acts 13:2 KJV; Romans 1:1 KJV; 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. A sword divides/separates. The cross divides and separates men and women-it does not unify. Dump the refuse, the garbage in the dumpster. Release the secret agent "all of the Holy Bible is written for my obedience" back into the ecumenical movement, where they belong. Then, and only then, can we truly be said to be in "the body, the church"(Col. 1:18 KJV, Col. 1:24 KJV; Eph. 5:23 KJV), worshiping the LORD God of truth(John 4:24 KJV), and separating the wheat from the chaff(Mt. 3:12 KJV, Luke 3:17 KJV), from within the true church, in this dispensation, and ending "divisions"( Romans 16:17 KJV; 1 Cor. 1:10 KJV, 1 Cor 3:3 KJV, 1 Cor. 11:18 KJV). Let every "church" you join toss you out for being a "divisive, mean spirited, 'un-Christian', intolerant....." "MAD wacko", "modern" "dispie," as their doctrine is new, has never been taught by the "historic" "the church," and all that jazz......who needs to be drugged up, and properly schooled, albeit in a "sweet Christian manner", into obedience of the "church statement of faith." You wouldn't be splitting any churches, because they are not churches. They are "Rodney Kings", "Oprah Winfrey's"-"Can't we all get along's", as they nod their heads in agreement, as passive drones, who will be spoon fed by their 'church' leaders," mutual admiration clubs, religious drain clogs/toilets, flushing Christians' knowledge, and thus acceptance, of the "dispensation of the gospel", "the dispensation of the grace of God", "the dispensation of God", committed to the apostle Paul(1 Cor. 9:17KJV. Eph. 3:2 KJV, Col. 1:25 KJV),"the apostle of the Gentiles"(Romans 11:13 KJV), and thus, their apostle, down the proverbial toilet.

"Soap Box" time: When we have spoken up on these boards, re. the absolute necessity of rightly dividing this word of truth, "Christians" get angry at us. They, obviously being more "spiritual" than us, don't like us. We are "tied to satan...the occult," "gnosticism," they spam/cry. We are "mean spirited...judgmental..intolerant," they wine. I say, please like us(sarcasm is a biblical principle). I want people to like us(vs. Proverbs 29:25 KJV; Mt. 6:2 KJV, Mt. 6:5 KJV; John 5:44 KJV, John 12:43 KJV ; Acts 5:29 KJV; Galatians 1:10 KJV; Eph. 6:6 KJV; Colossians 3:22 KJV; 1 Thel. 2:4 KJV). We will be a good boys, this time, and not be "divisive." If "sound doctrine"(1 Timothy 1:10 KJV; 2 Timothy 4:2-3 KJV; Titus 1:9 KJV, Titus 2:10 KJV), is not important, we plead "guilty as charged."

"But thou hast fully known my doctrine(my note-Paul's doctrine for the body of Christ-Romans-Philemon), manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience..." 2 Tim. 3:10 KJV

Truth, by its nature, is divisive, and the word of truth, rightly divided, more so. Division is what the Lord Jesus Christ brought to the “ecumenical tupperware party.” And that is what we should bring. I love respective members of the boc, despite cries/wines/pines, to the contrary, and that is why I give them the truth, and the word of truth, rightly divided, and then encourage them to survey the Holy Bible, and figure it out for themselves-Acts 17:2 KJV, 11; 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. However, if you love someone, you tell them the truth, sound doctrine, as scripture reveals it rightly divided, whether they want to hear it or not. Truth must not be sacrificed(compromised) at the altar of today's so-called enlightened, non-judgmental, "tolerant" culture. The apostle Paul perhaps best summed it up when he asked the poignant question:

"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" Galatians 4:16 KJV

The LORD God never sacrifices truth for peace, sound doctrine for compromise.

Spilt, split, split………..Keep on splitting, I say.....

"And to make ALL MEN SEE(emphasis mine) what is the fellowship of the mystery…" Eph. 3:9
_______
Vegas has it at 3/1 that I will be accused of "bible chopping/splitting...cherry picking..."

Side bar, LORD God...Take it away, Lord Jesus Christ...

genuineoriginal

If only we could all be praised for having the perfect and well-grounded knowledge displayed by the Corinthians in the first century.
_____
The First Epistle of Clement to the Corinthians

Chapter I.—The salutation. Praise of the Corinthians before the breaking forth of schism among them.
The Church of God which sojourns at Rome, to the Church of God sojourning at Corinth, to them that are called and sanctified by the will of God, through our Lord Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, from Almighty God through Jesus Christ, be multiplied.
Owing, dear brethren, to the sudden and successive calamitous events which have happened to ourselves, we feel that we have been somewhat tardy in turning our attention to the points respecting which you consulted us;3 and especially to that shameful and detestable sedition, utterly abhorrent to the elect of God, which a few rash and self-confident persons have kindled to such a pitch of frenzy, that your venerable and illustrious name, worthy to be universally loved, has suffered grievous injury.4 For who ever dwelt even for a short time among you, and did not find your faith to be as fruitful of virtue as it was firmly established?5 Who did not admire the sobriety and moderation of your godliness in Christ? Who did not proclaim the magnificence of your habitual hospitality? And who did not rejoice over your perfect and well-grounded knowledge? For ye did all things without respect of persons, and walked in the commandments of God, being obedient to those who had the rule over you, and giving all fitting honour to the presbyters among you. Ye enjoined young men to be of a sober and serious mind; ye instructed your wives to do all things with a blameless, becoming, and pure conscience, loving their husbands as in duty bound; and ye taught them that, living in the rule of obedience, they should manage their household affairs becomingly, and be in every respect marked by discretion.
_____​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It's your job to figure out which one you belong to and start rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV) instead of following the religious system that has been confusing and mixing it up from the getgo!

Are you not a Hebrew? If so then the message to the Hebrews is for you.

Danoh

No. That is what you are reading INTO her words.

She stated "Let me just say right off the bat that this is not a thread about two bodies of Christ as there is, but one Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV, Ephesians 4:4 KJV). This thread is about two bodies of believers in the so called NT."

In her first use of the word "bodies" her intent is obvious - that she does not hold to there being two Bodies of Christ.

While, in her second use of the word "bodies" her intent is also obvious.

There, she is not talking about two Bodies of Christ.

Rather, she is correctly using this other use of that word- the sense of an entity that differs from another (entity). She is using it in its other sense, in this case; in the sense of different agencies.

She then followed the very rule of those two senses she had intended to communicate her understanding of, in the balance of her OP.

And you cannot conclude I am being biased, as she and some of her own donn't get along with me too well, if at all.

Meaning you are approaching her OP not only out of where you understand the passages from, but you are also allowing your animosity towards her and or some of hers, to get in the way of simply focusing on whether or not the OP's "witness is true" on its' own merit.

The best to you in this - for objectivity is indeed...achievable.

genuineoriginal

Philippians 4:9
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.​

Have you learned anything from what Paul does?

Acts 24:14-16
14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void to offence toward God, and toward men.​

Do you also believe all things which are written in the law and in the prophets?

Danoh

If only we could all be praised for having the perfect and well-grounded knowledge displayed by the Corinthians in the first century.
_____
The First Epistle of Clement to the Corinthians

Chapter I.—The salutation. Praise of the Corinthians before the breaking forth of schism among them.
The Church of God which sojourns at Rome, to the Church of God sojourning at Corinth, to them that are called and sanctified by the will of God, through our Lord Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, from Almighty God through Jesus Christ, be multiplied.
Owing, dear brethren, to the sudden and successive calamitous events which have happened to ourselves, we feel that we have been somewhat tardy in turning our attention to the points respecting which you consulted us;3 and especially to that shameful and detestable sedition, utterly abhorrent to the elect of God, which a few rash and self-confident persons have kindled to such a pitch of frenzy, that your venerable and illustrious name, worthy to be universally loved, has suffered grievous injury.4 For who ever dwelt even for a short time among you, and did not find your faith to be as fruitful of virtue as it was firmly established?5 Who did not admire the sobriety and moderation of your godliness in Christ? Who did not proclaim the magnificence of your habitual hospitality? And who did not rejoice over your perfect and well-grounded knowledge? For ye did all things without respect of persons, and walked in the commandments of God, being obedient to those who had the rule over you, and giving all fitting honour to the presbyters among you. Ye enjoined young men to be of a sober and serious mind; ye instructed your wives to do all things with a blameless, becoming, and pure conscience, loving their husbands as in duty bound; and ye taught them that, living in the rule of obedience, they should manage their household affairs becomingly, and be in every respect marked by discretion.
_____​

Okay; so follow that rule - don't just talk about what a fine example it was, way back when :)

genuineoriginal

No. That is what you are reading INTO her words.

She stated "Let me just say right off the bat that this is not a thread about two bodies of Christ as there is, but one Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV, Ephesians 4:4 KJV). This thread is about two bodies of believers in the so called NT."
You seem to have missed the part I highlighted for you.

In her first use of the word "bodies" her intent is obvious - that she does not hold to there being two Bodies of Christ.

While, in her second use of the word "bodies" her intent is also obvious.

There, she is not talking about two Bodies of Christ.

Rather, she is correctly using this other use of that word- the sense of an entity that differs from another (entity). She is using it in its other sense, in this case; in the sense of different agencies.
That is a unwarranted distinction.

All believers are part of the body of Christ.

The intent of the OP is to claim that some believers are not part of the body of Christ.

She draws lines around believers that follow Paul and claim only they are of the body of Christ, and separates out the ones that follow Cephas (Peter) and claim that they are not part of the body of Christ.

That is intentionally causing divisions among believers.

you are approaching her OP not only out of where you understand the passages from, but you are also allowing your animosity towards her and or some of hers, to get in the way of simply focusing on whether or not the OP's "witness is true" on its' own merit.
I hold no animosity towards heir or any of the "MAD" people.

There is no merit to what was stated in the OP, and it is the false doctrine of "two gospels for two peoples" that I am addressing, not any of the people.