Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxfire

I realize it doesn't take much to excite you, especially if you see an opportunity to mock me, which seems to be the only time you post. The issue isn't really important to me so I didn't look it up, I said it was good because it is good. The NFL was apparently tax exempt from 1942-2015, ending just two years ago. The owners still get stadiums built by taxpayer money anyway. THAT is my brilliant defense, what you called a defense was a question, why is the left (kmoney) crying about it if the point is moot?

You do realize that those stadium subsidies are locally generated? Trump has nothing to do with them?

#and actually, it's Trump that was the target of my contempt.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I agree with the first part, but IMO, the specter of the latter is the biggest obstacle keeping the GOP from piling onto Sen. Corker's bandwagon. :think:

On issues, such as building a border wall, immigrant restrictions, Obamacare, and public education, Pence would not do or say anything inflammatory to stir tens of thousands to immediately sprint to the streets in anger, or have Hollywood celebrities thundering at him from nationally televised film award ceremonies, or have legions of advocacy groups furiously taking out ads and sending out action alerts on something outrageous that came of his mouth. However, the result would be the same. He’d figure out a way to get the money and the congressional support to build a border barrier. He’d institute tighter immigration controls with the full support of Congress. He’d come up with a plan that the GOP and maybe even some Democrats could agree on to dump Obamacare. He’d gradually increase funding and resources, and shape policy directives for vouchers, religious schools, and charter schools. He’d get rid of the Common Core requirement along the way.

He’d do it all very quietly and with a bland smiling face. He’d do what Trump only talks about doing

Taken from an article against Pence, negative because Pence could get it done.

drbrumley

:blabla: :spam: :blabla: :spam:

As if he even knew what that word traitor meant...:loser:

drbrumley

You may be right on that; Pence is very conservative; he just keeps it out of the media.

Pence is a neo con shill. Why Trump even tabbed him as VP is mind boggling. The only reason I can see is Trump's pick of Pence was to shore up the base of the party....and I don't fault him for that...Kennedy did that with Johnson, Reagen with Bush. But Pence is no ally of Trump.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Pence is a neo con shill. Why Trump even tabbed him as VP is mind boggling. The only reason I can see is Trump's pick of Pence was to shore up the base of the party....and I don't fault him for that...Kennedy did that with Johnson, Reagen with Bush. But Pence is no ally of Trump.

I think in a political way, Pence is a neocon, but on social policy, he is like the old right, to abolish the welfare state, and force the unemployed, into workhouses. Knowing he cannot do, that he would do whatever to decrease dependency on the state. Neocons accept the welfare state, *** we read by more neocon thinkers.

Pence is also very serious about tradition and Christian values; he dislikes the new wave of political thought, thus he is neocon on world affairs, but old right on social issues.

drbrumley

I think in a political way, Pence is a neocon, but on social policy, he is like the old right, to abolish the welfare state, and force the unemployed, into workhouses. Knowing he cannot do, that he would do whatever to decrease dependency on the state. Neocons accept the welfare state, *** we read by more neocon thinkers.

Pence is also very serious about tradition and Christian values; he dislikes the new wave of political thought, thus he is neocon on world affairs, but old right on social issues.

With all due respect, I don't believe that for a minute....

drbrumley

Who do you believe is more conservative, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, or Mike Pence?

If that's my choices, it's Rand hands down. Although I don't like the way Rand ran his campaign for President, as he was surrounded by more neocons giving him advice to be more electable, once he kicked em out of his campaign and dropped out to be a senator again, he's straightened out alittle bit...

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If that's my choices, it's Rand hands down. Although I don't like the way Rand ran his campaign for President, as he was surrounded by more neocons giving him advice to be more electable, once he kicked em out of his campaign and dropped out to be a senator again, he's straightened out a little bit...

Well, then we agree, Rand Paul is the most conservative and a fiscal conservative who had rather vote to repeal Obamacare, not replace it.

Then I have to presume you might believe Mike Pence is a fake social conservative, or social conservatives hold little matter?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

What he sees when opening bible ^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Nobody but the liberal media and their brainwashed liberal audience care what Tillerson may or may not have said. Old news and not even newsworthy. I don't care if he cussed Trump up and down, nobody does.

AAsZBQ6.img

Tillerson isn't a liberal, he's the President's own Secretary of State - one of the most important Cabinet appointments!

The "liberal media" didn't invent this - it had multiple sources with Tillerson choosing not to provide a categorical denial when given the opportunity.

Now Trump has moved on to another "blood feud" with Bob Corker, a staunch conservative, respected member of the Senate and Chairman f the Foreign Affairs Committee.

For the last 9 months, this White House has staggered from one personal controversy to the next - all of Trump's own making!

Status
Not open for further replies.