Trump supporters subjected to "extreme vetting"....and fail

rexlunae

Well, this Trump supporter is a helluva lot smarter than you, and he's only 14.

I'd be a lot more impressed if he'd done anything more than spout the boilerplate anti-Obama rhetoric of the Right. I can see why conservatives like him, of course, but he's lived most of his life under Obama. Are we going to believe that he's comparing Obama's policies to those that occurred when he was 7 years old and less?

rexlunae

Wrong. Its more like this: Weak Nancys like you perceive strong talk as being "attacks" and gut all bunched up about it.

My experience has been that the most fragile people are those with the greatest privilege. There is no bigger whiner than straight, white, male, Christian conservatives in the face of the progress of those who don't match all of those attributes. So it's pretty hard to take your bravado seriously.

I said: ".......ALL of this stuff is lightweight compared to the 1700's and 1800's. You just think its bad because you people have been so wuss-ified."

I am correct. Read Ktoyou's post right above yours just to give you one example.

I didn't dispute that politics used to be much rougher. I pointed out that the very first people to start whining about it (and I could give you a plethora of examples from this forum if you'd like) would be the people Trump does attack because they are his main supporters.

I'd also suggest that we shouldn't be nostalgic of a rougher age. We fought many wars, including against ourselves. Many lives were lost.

And finally, it's not just hurt feelings that causes objections when an attack is made against a group of people by someone campaigning for power over them. It is a very real effort at self-preservation.

I am right about all things young friend. God be with you.

Thanks, but no.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'd be a lot more impressed if he'd done anything more than spout the boilerplate anti-Obama rhetoric of the Right. I can see why conservatives like him, of course, but he's lived most of his life under Obama. Are we going to believe that he's comparing Obama's policies to those that occurred when he was 7 years old and less?
The kid is smarter than you -

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think Trump shows a lot more concern and understanding of America than clinton -

Well ... the polls don't seem to agree with you. They currently indicate that the voters are disgusted with both candidates, but one is seen as a security risk and a racist. That would be ... Trump.

ClimateSanity

My experience has been that the most fragile people are those with the greatest privilege. There is no bigger whiner than straight, white, male, Christian conservatives in the face of the progress of those who don't match all of those attributes. So it's pretty hard to take your bravado seriously.

I didn't dispute that politics used to be much rougher. I pointed out that the very first people to start whining about it (and I could give you a plethora of examples from this forum if you'd like) would be the people Trump does attack because they are his main supporters.

I'd also suggest that we shouldn't be nostalgic of a rougher age. We fought many wars, including against ourselves. Many lives were lost.

And finally, it's not just hurt feelings that causes objections when an attack is made against a group of people by someone campaigning for power over them. It is a very real effort at self-preservation.

Thanks, but no.

It's hard to believe white males have privilege when they are usually the only ones I see on street corners begging or piled up under bridges to sleep.

WizardofOz

:mock: Trump supporters

:mock: Clinton supporters

This election is a joke. It's pathetic the way people are out stumping for candidates who have so much more in common with one another than they do any of us.
:sheep:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well ... the polls don't seem to agree with you. They currently indicate that the voters are disgusted with both candidates, but one is seen as a security risk and a racist. That would be ... Trump.
Nope. Trump is coming up in the polls more each day, by Labor Day Trump will be ahead -

rexlunae

:mock: Trump supporters

:mock: Clinton supporters

This election is a joke. It's pathetic the way people are out stumping for candidates who have so much more in common with one another than they do any of us.
:sheep:

I'm not a big fan of either, but I am a Clinton supporter by necessity. But I don't think I will ever understand the people who profess not to see a difference. Are you seeing the same election I am?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm not a big fan of either, but I am a Clinton supporter by necessity. But I don't think I will ever understand the people who profess not to see a difference. Are you seeing the same election I am?
Yes, America is finally seeing and hearing the countless lies and deception from crooked Hillary. Watch the polls rex

WizardofOz

Just like Obama ran on "change" after dubya...and nothing really changed.

Humor me. I don't care about personality or policy that will never see the light of day (a wall between us and Mexico). How will the eventual, actual policy of a Trump presidency differ from that of a Clinton presidency?

rexlunae

Just like Obama ran on "change" after dubya...and nothing really changed.

It's always surprised me how often politicians promise "change", and then never propose anything that fundamentally does represent change. That said, on policies of war, peace, and diplomacy, I think the Obama administration has represented a pretty big change. We'll see if any of it sticks.

Humor me.

Oh, I intend to. That's why I took up the conversation. :)

I don't care about personality or policy that will never see the light of day (a wall between us and Mexico).

I think it's a mistake to ignore personality. The President makes myriad small calls every day that we barely talk about, and in many cases don't know about. If the President is petulant, petty, self-obsessed, self-promoting as Trump shows all evidence of being, those calls are going to be, I think, objectively worse, and often not in the national interests.

It's hard to know which policies will be done and which won't. I agree that the wall is unlikely, but that doesn't mean we can't waste of ton of time, money, and effort on it. You're kinda assuming that we'll somehow elect a man and then ignore his signature issues completely.

How will the eventual, actual policy of a Trump presidency differ from that of a Clinton presidency?

So many ways, but you could start with the fact that one of them has repeatedly suggested that they might use nuclear weapons. Since that's largely under the President's command, I think we're forced to take it pretty seriously.