Trump calls Rubio a sweaty (Hispanic).

kmoney

Hall of Fame
See what happens when you tell the truth?

Perhaps, but I think there is more at play than that. I think a lot of people actually like what he's saying. And I think the political environment is conducive to Trump. There have been other honest politicians and they haven't fared so well.

And part of me questions how honest Trump really is or if he's just good at coming across as genuine because of how brash he is.

glorydaz

Bingo! This is how I see Trump and people like Ann Coulter. Trump has been in the limelight for like 40 years. I remember him from the mid 1980's. He never espoused any overt public "racist" views for most of the last 40 years even in his previous presidential campaign. So why now? Real white nationalists don't like Trump and don't trust him. They don't see Trump as "one of them" in any way, shape, or form.

Ann Coulter is the same. For years her schtick was railing on liberals and Democrats. She never spent much time railing on illegal immigration. But now it's a hot topic so she wrote a book against Mexicans and made a boatload of money doing so.

Of course you should realize that illegal immigration has become a HUGE problem....bigger than it ever was in the past. AND, the fact that terrorists can enter our southern border just as easily as anyone else should cause even the biggest bleeding heart to see the danger is greater than ever before.

glorydaz

I don't know if Trump meant 'sweaty' to be a racial insult, but beyond this incident I do think Trump can do no wrong in the eyes of his supporters.

I don't think it's a matter of Trump doing no wrong.

I think it's more about his being a regular person who speaks his mind (and whatever might pop into it), instead of a practiced politician who has learned to say ONLY those things that he thinks people want to hear.

THall

Perhaps, but I think there is more at play than that. I think a lot of people actually like what he's saying. And I think the political environment is conducive to Trump. There have been other honest politicians and they haven't fared so well.

And part of me questions how honest Trump really is or if he's just good at coming across as genuine because of how brash he is.

There is more at play. People do not see
Trump as a politician. They see him as a
competent and successful business man. They see
Washington politicians as incompetent, and a failure.
He is the Anti-Politician, the perfect tool
to dismantle the Washington DC cartel, with
just enough backbone and arrogance to pull it off.

The Berean

Of course you should realize that illegal immigration has become a HUGE problem....bigger than it ever was in the past. AND, the fact that terrorists can enter our southern border just as easily as anyone else should cause even the biggest bleeding heart to see the danger is greater than ever before.
This is true. But the corporations and the the politicians they have in their pockets "like so many nickels and dimes" WANT illegal immigration to continue since it's a cheap labor source.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
There is more at play. People do not see
Trump as a politician. They see him as a
competent and successful business man. They see
Washington politicians as incompetent, and a failure.
He is the Anti-Politician, the perfect tool
to dismantle the Washington DC cartel, with
just enough backbone and arrogance to pull it off.
Sure, the anti-politician aspect has a lot of appeal. But how is he going to 'dismantle the DC Cartel'?

glorydaz

This is true. But the corporations and the the politicians they have in their pockets "like so many nickels and dimes" WANT illegal immigration to continue since it's a cheap labor source.

Well, the people don't, and that's why Trump is doing so well. Politicians will not get it done, and Trump just might.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Trump is a liberal...Trump is a much better choice than Clinton or Sanders. We would have 4 years of relief/parole/furlough to work on problems.

Yes, it is good to support the lesser of two evils.

So who would you chose between Stalin (worse evil) and Hilter (lesser evil)?

I wouldn't necessarily consider Hitler to be a "lesser evil" than Stalin. I'd say they were both equally evil. To suggest that Stalin was more evil than Hitler is to suggest that the USA should have fought alongside Nazi Germany against Stalin's USSR.

There are several candidates running for the Constitution Party. Why don't you support one of them instead of Trump?

zoo22

And now this:

Students in Indiana, Iowa taunt Latinos with Trump-themed insults during basketball games

Students at two Midwest high schools recently hurled Trump-themed insults at Latino students, using the presidential candidate's anti-immigration rhetoric as inspiration for repulsive basketball game chants.

Full article

Iowa: Iowa high school basketball student section taunts Latino players with "Trump! Trump!" chant

Indiana: 'Build a Wall': High school students hurl Trump chant at hispanic opponents in basketball game

ClimateSanity

You're blaming trump for the ignorant inability of high school students to distinguish between illegal immigration and being Latino? That's not his problem. Go direct your angst toward the educational system that blurred the line to begin with.