ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
As far as I know, only moderators have the ability to edit another person's post.
Why did you falsely accuse me of breaking a rule?
Are you making up your own rules?
I noticed that you didn't try to warn Grosnick Marowbe about him breaking rule 10 in the quote I fixed for him.

Don't be FIXING anything for ME. If you have a problem with me, notify the Mods.

genuineoriginal

No, that is not what OSAS says.
OSAS is the belief you can force God to give you eternal life with a one time decision.

What it does say is those who are saved are really saved...not sorta saved.
Unlike the Bible, which says that you can be cut off.

That the gift of eternal life is ETERNAL.
Eternal life doesn't begin until the resurrection, before the resurrection you can walk away from salvation and God won't stop you.

That God is able to keep those who are His.
You really need to learn the difference between what God is able to do and what God will do.

That HE is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him. He does the keeping.

We commit and He saves and keeps us. He does the keeping, because we are not able, nor are we expected to do HIS work in us. We are being conformed into His image. We are not conforming ourselves. We would do a poor job of it, and you must know that as well as any other man who has ever lived.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.​

2 Timothy 2:12
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:​

No, it's based on the fact that God's promises are PROMISES, indeed, and His PROMISES really do mean something. God is not man that He will change His mind...
Yes, God's promises are PROMISES, and His PROMISES really do mean something.
One of His promises is that He will change His mind from life to death for a person that leaves righteousness to do wickedness.

thus His SEAL cannot be broken.
You seem to think a seal is something it is not.

genuineoriginal

meshak

BANNED
Banned
MADs' opponents' claims are simple and clear.

Why is it taking so long for such simple topic?

some of you ask tricky questions and nitpick when you don't like the answers are given.

And go on and on about it.

it is so childish games you guys are playing.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
OSAS is the belief you can force God to give you eternal life with a one time decision.

Unlike the Bible, which says that you can be cut off.

Eternal life doesn't begin until the resurrection, before the resurrection you can walk away from salvation and God won't stop you.

You really need to learn the difference between what God is able to do and what God will do.

2 Timothy 2:12
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:​

Yes, God's promises are PROMISES, and His PROMISES really do mean something.
One of His promises is that He will change His mind from life to death for a person that leaves righteousness to do wickedness.

You seem to think a seal is something it is not.

well said, thank you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I can reciprocate by calling G.O. names, as well. However, what would that really accomplish? Instead, I'll agree to ignore him as long as he stops antagonizing. Now, isn't that a mature compromise? How about it, G.O.?

glorydaz

OSAS is a belief in the assumption that you can force God to save you by making the right decision once in your life, even if you change your mind later and reject everything you believed.
It is stupid to assume you can force God to do anything.

It's ridiculous to make a lame claim like the one you just made. :nono:

No one is forcing God to give believers the GIFT of salvation. No one is forcing God to keep us unto the day of redemption.

That you mock the truth of the Gospel of Grace is very sad, indeed.

glorydaz

As far as I know, only moderators have the ability to edit another person's post.
Why did you falsely accuse me of breaking a rule?
Are you making up your own rules?
I noticed that you didn't try to warn Grosnick Marowbe about him breaking rule 10 in the quote I fixed for him.

Playing innocent never helps anyone's cause.

genuineoriginal

No one is forcing God to give believers the GIFT of salvation. No one is forcing God to keep us unto the day of redemption.
Correct.
God does everything according to His will, not according to a formula like OSAS.

That you mock the truth of the Gospel of Grace is very sad, indeed.
No, that would be OSAS that is twisting the truth of the Gospel unto the destruction of the people that believe it.

glorydaz

Not only is he ignorant of what he's talking about, he's stubborn too. I've got him back on ignore now.

I hear ya. I'll at least put GO in the same group as Meshak, God's UNtruth, Marhig, and Pops. That makes five of them all in a row. They are all stuck on the wrong side of the Cross....ignoring what our Risen and Ascended Lord revealed to Paul.

genuineoriginal

Romans 2:7-11
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.​

Somebody forgot to teach OSAS to Paul.

glorydaz

Correct.
God does everything according to His will, not according to a formula like OSAS.

The "formula" of OSAS is called the Gospel of Salvation.

Salvation and Eternal Life are Truths found in the Bible.

If you have no assurance of salvation, you are not saved.

How do I know that? If you knew the Lord Jesus Christ, you would trust Him to keep you, instead of yourself. Your faith is in the wrong place, and you cannot have the peace that passes all understanding like true believers do.

No, that would be OSAS that is twisting the truth of the Gospel unto the destruction of the people that believe it.

Saved by Grace through faith....not of yourselves lest any man boast. It's that way for a reason. Just listen to yourself. It's up to you whether you're saved or not. :nono:

glorydaz

Romans 2:7-11
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.​

Somebody forgot to teach OSAS to Paul.

So you jump onto the Roman Road at milepost two and think you know what Paul is saying. :chuckle:

genuineoriginal

If you have no assurance of salvation, you are not saved.
That idea is not found in the Bible, but this one is:

Philippians 2:12
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.​

Saved by Grace through faith....not of yourselves lest any man boast. It's that way for a reason. Just listen to yourself. It's up to you whether you're saved or not. :nono:
We are to follow them who through faith and patience inherit the promise.

Hebrews 6:10-15
10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.
15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.​