ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

God's Truth

He did with the Corinthians. He had serious doubts about the guy fornicating with his own mother, but even he Paul counted as a grievously sinning believer, not as an unbeliever. We know that because Paul didn't ask anyone to make sure the guy was saved by asking him what gospel he believed.

So what did Paul say to do to him?

genuineoriginal

If somebody has the power to damn themselves, then they automatically have the power to stop themselves from being damned too...aka, the power to save themselves.
Salvation is like a casting call for a part in a play.

100% of the people that do not show up at the casting call will not be in the play. (damnation)
100% of the people that show up but leave before being seen will not be in the play. (damnation)
100% of the people that show up and are seen by the director, but are not right for any of the roles, will not be in the play. (damnation)
Only the people that the director chooses for a role will get offered the part and a chance to be in the play. (promise of salvation)
The people that were offered the part that reject it before opening night will not be in the play. (damnation)
The people that director notices are not prepared during rehearsal will not be in the play. (damnation)

Only the people that show up, are chosen, and stay prepared will be in the play on opening night. (salvation)

Do the choices the actors make affect whether they will be in the play or not?
Yes, they have many ways to take themselves out of being in the play.

Is the choice of whether they will actually be in the play up to them?
No, it is the director who makes the final choice on who will be in the play.
The problem with what you're saying is, they're already damned.
If they don't show up for the call, they are not in the play. (damnation)

genuineoriginal

He did with the Corinthians. He had serious doubts about the guy fornicating with his own mother, but even he Paul counted as a grievously sinning believer, not as an unbeliever.
Paul commanded the Corinthians to have no fellowship with the sinner.
Once the sinner repented, he came back into the faith.

We know that because Paul didn't ask anyone to make sure the guy was saved by asking him what gospel he believed.
It is stupid to assume that Paul would use the false beliefs of MAD to do determine whether someone was in the faith or not.

genuineoriginal

Your Jesus is a liar. Your Jesus is a false Christ. Ask me how I know that. I'll go ahead and tell you. Your Jesus leaves you to repent of every sin you commit and if you don't, you'll go to hell. So your Jesus has not completely forgiven you, which means you're not safe, which means you're not saved.

You believe in salvation by perpetual repentance to a fake Christ.
It is a good thing Jesus is so forgiving of the lies you speak against Him.

Luke 12:10
10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.​

genuineoriginal

That is completely wrong and shows how ignorant you are. It sounds like you have a problem with Calvinism's perseverance of the saints, which is fine by me that you do, but even Calvinists will tell you it is not the same thing as eternal security or OSAS. Fundamentally different doctrines. If you knew what you were talking about you would already know the difference.
Calvinism's perseverance of the saints is based on the false teaching that God chose individuals for salvation and they have no choice in the matter.
OSAS is based on the false idea that once a person makes the choice for salvation, the choice cannot be undone.

drbrumley

Romans 3:4
Romans 12:21
1 John 5:4-5
Revelation 2:7
Revelation 2:17
Revelation 2:26
Revelation 3:5
Revelation 3:12
Revelation 3:21
Revelation 21:7

I guess Paul had a problem then because he didn't overcome.

For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. (Romans 7:14, 15 NKJV)

"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find" (Romans 7:18 NKJV).

"For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please" (Galatians 5:17).

God's Truth

For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. (Romans 7:14, 15 NKJV)

"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find" (Romans 7:18 NKJV).

"For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please" (Galatians 5:17).

Paul did not struggle with sin after Jesus saved him the way he did before Jesus saved him.

Paul in no way remained doing the sins that earned him the self-given title of Worst of Sinners. He said that about himself because BEFORE Jesus saved him, he was a violent man; he gave approval of Stephens’s death, guarded over the clothes that belonged to the men who killed Stephen. Can you imagine men taking off their clothes so that blood would not get splattered on them while they stone someone to death, and how Paul guarded these evil men's clothes while they killed Stephen?

Saul put many of the saints in prison, and when they were put to death, he cast his vote against them. Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off men and women and put them in prison. Acts 22:4, Acts 22:20, Acts 26:10, Acts 8:3.

That is why Paul said he was the worst of sinners. Not because he kept sinning after he was saved! Pastors in many if not all denominations teach that falseness, that Paul, after Jesus saved him, struggled with sin so much and was the worst of sinners.

So many Christians say that in Romans 7, Paul was speaking of his life after Jesus saved him, that he could not stop sinning, that he could not do good, that he was a wretched man. I can hardly believe that people actually believe Apostle Paul was speaking of himself as a sinner AFTER Jesus saved him. That is utterly absurd.

glorydaz

I have faith in God's ability and God's determination to keep His Word.
He never promised that He would force salvation on anyone that does not want it, which is what OSAS states He will do.

No, that is not what OSAS says.

What it does say is those who are saved are really saved...not sorta saved.
That the gift of eternal life is ETERNAL.
That God is able to keep those who are His.

That HE is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him. He does the keeping.

We commit and He saves and keeps us. He does the keeping, because we are not able, nor are we expected to do HIS work in us. We are being conformed into His image. We are not conforming ourselves. We would do a poor job of it, and you must know that as well as any other man who has ever lived.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

OSAS is based on a false belief of what God has promised and rejecting that false belief is not rejecting God.

No, it's based on the fact that God's promises are PROMISES, indeed, and His PROMISES really do mean something. God is not man that He will change His mind...thus His SEAL cannot be broken.

marhig

Paul did overcome, he's just explaining about his struggle with the flesh and the fight he was having at times as he denied himself, turning from sin and overcoming his flesh through Christ by the power of the Spirit daily.

He says this in the next chapter

Romans 8

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

And Paul finished the race

2 Timothy 4

But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Paul also says this

Romans 12

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God

Paul wouldn't have been so strong in the Spirit, and have the understanding that he had, if he hadn't fought his flesh and been overcoming sin in his life, and he couldn't have done it without God. And he wouldn't have preached to others telling them what they are to do before God, if he wasn't doing it himself.

And Galatians 5:17 is about overcoming, meaning you cannot do the things that you please, in other words the Spirit helps us to overcome the things we would do in the flesh and we cannot do them.

Last edited:

musterion

It is a good thing Jesus is so forgiving of the lies you speak against Him.

Luke 12:10
10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.​

You are as stupid as you are deceitful. I was not speaking against Christ.

musterion

No, that is not what OSAS says.

What it does say is those who are saved are really saved...not sorta saved.
That the gift of eternal life is ETERNAL.
That God is able to keep those who are His.

That HE is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him. He does the keeping.

We commit and He saves and keeps us. He does the keeping, because we are not able, nor are we expected to do HIS work in us. We are being conformed into His image. We are not conforming ourselves. We would do a poor job of it, and you must know that as well as any other man who has ever lived.
2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

No, it's based on the fact that God's promises are PROMISES, indeed, and His PROMISES really do mean something. God is not man that He will change His mind...thus His SEAL cannot be broken.

Not only is he ignorant of what he's talking about, he's stubborn too. I've got him back on ignore now.

genuineoriginal

It seems like you have a different idea of what overcoming is than the writers of the New Testament had.

genuineoriginal

Which has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

"Assuming" one is saved is not the same as being saved. To "assume" is a matter of the mind, but belief and assurance is a matter of the heart.
OSAS is a belief in the assumption that you can force God to save you by making the right decision once in your life, even if you change your mind later and reject everything you believed.
It is stupid to assume you can force God to do anything.

genuineoriginal

You didn't change another person's post?
As far as I know, only moderators have the ability to edit another person's post.
Why did you falsely accuse me of breaking a rule?
Are you making up your own rules?
I noticed that you didn't try to warn Grosnick Marowbe about him breaking rule 10 in the quote I fixed for him.