Toxicity

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
A better question is whether or not the kids should be in a safe and stable environment.

it would be better
if
you just answered the question
and
the answer is yes
it is a good thing for the mother to stay home with the kids
and
society should encourage this

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Of course it means something. A woman staying home for the kids should be entitled to child support from the father if he leaves her no matter what gender that new partner is. I am not sure I see your distinction here. If a man leaves his wife for another woman or man the situation remains the same for the kids. That was my original point which you glossed right over. Are you saying the state should not allow divorce?

the question was
who should get his social security?
and
the answer that you are avoiding
is
she should get his social security
because
she stayed home to take care of the kids

noguru

the question was
who should get his social security?
and
the answer that you are avoiding
is
she should get his social security
because
she stayed home to take care of the kids

Is Social Security the only form of income people get? Is it even a substantial amount compared to other forms? Will you even have it when you retire?

Your myopic question might sooth your ego, but it is of no avail to a person with a broader view of reality.

How old are you?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Is Social Security the only form of income people get? Is it even a substantial amount compared to other forms? Will you even have it when you retire?

Your myopic question might sooth your ego, but it is of no avail to a person with a broader view of reality.

How old are you?

that is four questions
stupid questions
and
you can't even answer one good one

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
it would be better
if
you just answered the question
and
the answer is yes
it is a good thing for the mother to stay home with the kids
and
society should encourage this

I am not avoiding your *narrow* question, but rather expanding on it. In your little world, you pretend that that is ALWAYS an option. It isn't.

Society should encourage MUTUAL RESPECT. Apparently you do not understand that "The Stepford Wives" was only a movie.

noguru

I am not avoiding your *narrow* question, but rather expanding on it. In your little world, you pretend that that is ALWAYS an option. It isn't.

Society should encourage MUTUAL RESPECT. Apparently you do not understand that "The Stepford Wives" was only a movie.

He is being purposely stubborn now. He usually does this when backed into a corner with clear logic. It is typical behavior for immature individuals.

He will not consider the other side and/or where he is wrong, so any future discussion with him is an exercise in futility. Impossible people are often factually challenged on the issue which they make difficult. In the end he only does himself a disservice. Reasonable people will just pick up and move on, leaving his train wreck behind, for a chance at clearly understanding reality.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He is being purposely stubborn now. He usually does this when back into a corner with clear logic. It is typical behavior for immature individuals.

This is know ... he likes to pretend that the *other gender* is responsible for everything that is wrong with the world.

He makes the leap that the only reason to marry is to have children and that every couple will have children.

noguru

This is know ... he likes to pretend that the *other gender* is responsible for everything that is wrong with the world.

He makes the leap that the only reason to marry is to have children and that every couple will have children.

It does not even matter if children are involved. Anyone who is even partially aware of fiscal reality knows that social security is not the only, nor a sufficient, or perhaps not even a future possibility for income to live and raise children. As soon as he admits this his argument is a moot point. So he has now become entrenched on this point, entrenched to the point of absurdity. There are many sources of income that need to be factored in, that is why child support and alimony are the way spouses collect from exes for themselves and their children. His stubborn refusal to admit this just makes him look like an idiot.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It does not even matter if children are involved. Anyone who is even partially aware of fiscal reality knows that social security is not the only, nor a sufficient, or even a future possibility for income to live and raise children. As soon as he admits this his argument is a moot point. So he has now become entrenched on this point, entrenched to the point of absurdity.

Indeed. A mother with young children could not support herself and her child/children on social security. She is no different than any other single parent.

noguru

Indeed. A mother with young children could not support a herself and her child/children on social security. She is no different than any other single parent.

Perhaps he is referring to a woman that is at retirement age and no longer has to support children. That might be the point he is making. But remedying that by not allowing divorce seems to be an inept and unworkable solution in a pluralistic free society. And a woman who chooses to not have a profession other than raising children ought to be aware of the risks involved. To make sweeping generalized law prohibiting divorce to accommodate such a narrow scenario is absurd on its face.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Perhaps he is referring to a woman that is at retirement age and no longer has to support children. That might be the point he is making. But remedying that by not allowing divorce seems to be an inept and unworkable solution in a pluralistic free society. And a woman who chooses to not have a profession other than raising children ought to be aware of the risks involved. To make sweeping generalized law prohibiting divorce to accommodate such a narrow scenario is absurd on its face.

just wanted to capture this before you changed it

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
my favorite example is a real example
the mother stays home to take care of the kids
the father goes off to work at making lots of money
and
the mother would get his social security when he dies
but
in this case the father divorces the mother of his kids and marries a guy
so
who now gets his social security when he dies?
and
why?

this is a real example
and
the question they could not, would not answer

Foxfire

at first to protect myself
I had to rely on the ignore list
and
at one time I had over 70 on it
now
no one is on it