Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So as some of you may have already noted, I'm getting into the distillery end of business...It all started at a deli the other day. They had French's Mustard on the table and something clicked or snapped...at any rate I had the idea for Old Yeller Ale, the ale that's hard to put down."

Talking it over with friends I realized I was only scratching the surface. Old Yeller Bourbon is on the horizon as well. "Old Yeller Bourbon. It only takes one shot." :plain: Who knows where this will end.

theophilus

So as some of you may have already noted, I'm getting into the distillery end of business...It all started at a deli the other day. They had French's Mustard on the table and something clicked or snapped...at any rate I had the idea for Old Yeller Ale, the ale that's hard to put down."

Talking it over with friends I realized I was only scratching the surface. Old Yeller Bourbon is on the horizon as well. "Old Yeller Bourbon. It only takes one shot." :plain: Who knows where this will end.

Old Yeller still brings a tear to my eye.

:)

...and if I die before I wake, feed Jake.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Hump Day Gazette

So chrys pulled up a box...
-we need someone to run our country and
all you need is a reality show someone to entertain you
someone to validate your hate
someone to blame for your miserable existence
you are a victim you are an idiot
Were you objecting or is it only that you already have yours. :plain: That said, of course Trump won't do half the nonsense he's promising. Who does? Who ever really has?

While in the NFL thread...
Running backs, offensive linemen and kickers are being worked out today. Yes, kickers.
Kickers??? :shocked: I hope they have an ambulance standing by, because somebody is going to pull a hammy. :plain:

In the 6 murdered thread...
Oh please. I wish people had a brain around here. The gun isn't the problem the person is. He could have done the same crap with a crossbow, ore even a rock.
Okay, it's like this. Yes, you can kill someone with a knife or a rock, but it's infinitely easier to kill a lot of someones with a gun than with anything else. If you can't begin with that understanding, whatever you think the response to it should be, then you might as well be throwing your brain at people.

SD noted another sad day in the history of Mississippi...
[Mississippi Governor Declares April 'Confederate Heritage Month,' No Slavery Mention ......
Honoring an institution created to preserve and expand slavery makes further notice of the practice redundant as the notice is unwarranted...and hard to sell, even in Mississippi.

kmo said...
...Of course, voters vote for a person, not the party, but whether or not there exists a group of Democrats that are anti-abortion isn't very important for most intents and purposes.
Depends on the intent and the purpose.

Then SD was back...
A friend of mine is related to Robert E. Lee. She honors her lineage but she's no racist. What do you recommend? She crawl into a hole and die?
Because that's the reasonable alternative. Either worship at the alter of the racist Confederacy that nearly destroyed the nation over that perverse practice or crawl in a hole and die, right? :plain:

THall seemed to be playing both sides of the fence...
Donald Trump will WIN BIG!

People are tired of lying politicians.
Make up your mind already. :plain:

CS had a notion...
You think Trump is an awful guy because he doesn't use all the nice, polite, establishment clichés and mannerisms?
No, I think he's an awful guy because he's a serial adulterer with a simplistic, peripherally racist mindset...

The people are enraged.
Some doubtless are...some always have been, but today they get listened to and their opinions have more influence because we've been conditioned to believe that anyone in front of a microphone is saying something we should listen to.

...People would love to see a return of the French revolution with all the establishment class in the guillotines.
Some, no doubt. . .but they don't know their history or they'd steer clear of anything like a desire for a movement that ultimately fed on itself to the detriment of the nation.

As thALL came to a sputtering halt with the incongruous...
Poor th, your candidate keeps getting smoked......
I don't have a candidate at present, so you should stop smoking...whatever that is.

do you need your mommy?
:plain: No, but you definitely need someone to change you.

Speaking of odd segues...
He's a Nazi, I'm a Nazi. He, she and it are Nazis. :blabla:
Like most people who can't address an issue you create a thing of straw to set on fire in it's place. Nothing in that odd attempt of yours remotely resembles a point I've actually made.

All conservatives are certainly Nazis
I don't know a conservative who hasn't been called a Nazi
:plain: I only call Nazis Nazis, so I can't help you.

If you think any of this post of yours pertains to me, well....(See: a psychiatrist).

Tomorrow? Apples to racists and dollars to doughnuts. And somebody gets a pony...maybe. :think:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...SD was back

We missed you in the KKK thread. :sigh: Did you know that Trump :sozo2: wears a white hood? :listen: He and David Duke are best buds.

donald-trump-kkk-protester.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Think it over :idunno: immediately disavow
The second option would be the intelligent choice. It wasn't Trump's, sadly. From the CNN program:

Trump: I don't know what group you're talking about. You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about.
Trapper: The Klu Klux Klan?
Trump: You may have groups in there that are totally fine and it would be very unfair. So give me a list of the groups and I'll let you know.
Trapper: I'm just talking about David Duke and the Klu Klux Klan.
Trump: Honestly, I don't know David Duke.

In 2000, he specifically cited David Duke as one reason he didn't want the Reform Party nomination.

That Donald Trump didn't need time to know his mind on the organization or the man, saying, "The Reform Party now includes a Klansman, Mr. Duke, a neo-Nazi, Mr. Buchanan and a communist, Ms. Fulani. This is not company I wish to keep."

I suspect Trapper never thought Trump would hesitate on the question. But he did. Four opportunities and four hem haws. Peculiar lack of presence or command of the moment. But if you want to have a conversation about this I'll switch over to the Trump thread.

Always happy to talk to a Gazette reader (today's). :poly: :thumb:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...From the CNN program:

Trump: I don't know what group you're talking about. You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about.
Trapper: The Klu Klux Klan?
Trump: You may have groups in there that are totally fine and it would be very unfair. So give me a list of the groups and I'll let you know.
Trapper: I'm just talking about David Duke and the Klu Klux Klan.
Trump: Honestly, I don't know David Duke...
You are referring to a conversation which occurred after he disavowed the non-endorsement.

How did I get stuck defending a child-killing, serial adulterer? :AMR: Pr 8:36, Ex 20:14

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You are referring to a conversation which occurred after he disavowed the non-endorsement.
I'm talking about what the man said and didn't say when he was asked four times about it. What he should say every single time. Unless he has a mental defect or some other impairment which in itself would be troubling in a presidential candidate.

How did I get stuck defending a child-killing, serial adulterer? :AMR:
You didn't. You chose to.

Again, if you really want to talk about this I'll be happy to but not here.

So, either take it up with me there or go ahead and show me what's what by posting here and then I'll repost today's Gazette behind it and see you around. :cheers:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
maybe you're unaware, but there is no "Klan"
nor is there a "Ku Klux Klan"
and there's never been a "Klu Klux Klan"

"Six Confederate veterans from Pulaski, Tennessee created the original Ku Klux Klan on December 24, 1865, during theReconstruction of the South after the Civil War.[38][39] The name was formed by combining the Greek kyklos (κύκλος, circle) withclan.[40] The group was known for a short time as the "Kuklux Clan". The Ku Klux Klan was one of a number of secret, oath-bound organizations using violence, which included the Southern Cross inNew Orleans (1865) and the Knights of the White Camelia (1867) inLouisiana.[41]"

And more recently:

"The Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan calls itself the largest Klan group in America. But it doesn't take much these days to claim that mark." From, Confederate Flag Rally Tests a Diminished Ku Klux Klan, NBC News Jul 18, 2015

Gazette reader link: (today's).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...it would be like somebody asking me about "the Christian church"
Not only did the articles I noted refute you in the past and present, but the weak point you appear to be investing in, that there is no overreaching entity but rather a number of smaller ones (many and at one time most using the Ku Klux Klan as part of their name) literally has nothing to do with Trump's response and does nothing in relation to his earlier statements that demonstrate that as of 2000 he was familiar enough with both David Duke and the Klan, as named, to use both as part of his reasoning for rejecting the nomination of the Reform Party.

Gazette reader link: (today's).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
so you think trump should have answered the interviewers question by referring to an organization that existed a hundred years ago?
2015 is a hundred years ago? :rolleyes: Anyway, like I noted in my last, none of this goes to the point, which is that Trump understood what was meant by the Klan and knew who David Duke was and is on the record as noting both played a role in his disinterest in the Reform Party nomination back in 2000. Which makes his repeated responses peculiar, unless the counter is that he's getting old and can't remember things that happened that long ago, which wouldn't be the best timber to hew a president from.

ClimateSanity

If you guys wanted trump to condemn all racist organizations that were somehow related to the kukluxklan no matter how loosely, your lovely little statist pushing excuse for a journalist should have asked him precisely that and not some word salad with hot button names.

ClimateSanity

so you think trump should have answered the interviewers question by referring to an organization that existed a hundred years ago? :darwinsm:

hey!

you're finally starting to catch on!

there may be hope for you yet! :thumb:

right

"as part of their name"

just like fred phelps and joseph smith claimed to be runnning "Christian" churches

i spose not, if you're determined to keep your head firmly ....

Spoiler
in the sand

They were expecting trump to condemn a loosely related set of organizations that appear to be racist that trump knew nothing about simply because boogey man words were uttered like David Duke and ku Klux Klan.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you guys wanted trump to condemn all racist organizations that were somehow related to the kukluxklan no matter how loosely, your lovely little statist pushing excuse for a journalist should have asked him precisely that and not some word salad with hot button names.
Duke isn't loosely affiliated. Trump himself cited Duke and his Klan affiliation as reason for not being interested in the Reform Party nomination in 2000. So all the rest of this is just so much smoke to cover that unassailable fact, a fact that makes his demur incomprehensible and worth wondering about.

Now back to Sod's attempt.
there is no organization named "the Ku Klux Klan"

not in 2015

not today
"The Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan calls itself the largest Klan group in America. But it doesn't take much these days to claim that mark." From, Confederate Flag Rally Tests a Diminished Ku Klux Klan, NBC News Jul 18, 2015

The Loyal White Knights of what? :plain: