Town Heretic hands down the law

Lon

In this important post, TH sums up the attack upon American values and culture as well as our history with the following:

The problem with striking these symbols commemorating the foundational truth at the heart of the peoples who did most of the building and dying to establish and preserve our compact is that it isn't leveling the field. It's giving it to anti-atheists, who lacking an equivalent, desire to destroy the peace of everyone else. Who create an offense for themselves that's needless, reckless and pointlessly divisive in a way the monuments aren't and never really have been here.

If the Ten Commandments offend you then you're either evil or an idiot. And that will do you much more harm (and do much more harm to others) than any monument.

Suggesting that every sort of jackassery cobbled by humanists to mock religion should have equal weight and consideration is part of the problem of that crowd. It's an irrational, hostile nonsense packaged in the name of rationality and sobriety.

Humbug.

My vote for POTY too btw. It is incredibly important regarding our nation and what it will be with the changing landscape. We must stop selfish people from attacking our families, values, history, faith, and heritage. -Lon

bybee

In this important post, TH sums up the attack upon American values and culture as well as our history with the following:

My vote for POTY too btw. It is incredibly important regarding our nation and what it will be with the changing landscape. We must stop selfish people from attacking our families, values, history, faith, and heritage. -Lon

Agreed!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is this a thread where only pats on the back are allowed or can I critique the immoral behaviors and God hating organizations that your new hero stands for and behind?

Reactions: Lon

musterion

The Ten Commandments, when separated from the Gospel of salvation, is not only pointless but dangerous. It makes an idol out of those commandments - sets them up as a means of some form of salvation when they were and are no such thing. Unable to be kept, their sole purpose was to show us our need for Christ; proclaiming the law without proclaiming Him is grave error and is a big part of the reason the professing Church is in the shape it is in.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Ten Commandments, when separated from the Gospel of salvation, is not only pointless but dangerous. It makes an idol out of those commandments - sets them up as a means of some form of salvation when they were and are no such thing. Unable to be kept, their sole purpose was to show us our need for Christ; proclaiming the law without proclaiming Him is grave error and is a big part of the reason the professing Church is in the shape it is in.

What's wrong with having monuments that honor God and His rules to live by? People of faith are battling the communist founded ACLU who wants nothing more than to have no mention of God in public. BTW, the Church is in the shape it's in because of people who won't stand up for what's right.

musterion

The church is in the shape its in because it has fought for the wrong things. But since you've made it clear that being a nominally religious right wing conservative is enough to make anyone right with God, regardless of what they believe about Christ (proving my basic point above), we do not speak the same language and my reply is meaningless to you.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Totally...I think that is in line with what Townie was saying

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The church is in the shape its in because it has fought for the wrong things. But since you've made it clear that being a nominally religious right wing conservative is enough to make anyone right with God, regardless of what they believe about Christ (proving my basic point above), we do not speak the same language and my reply is meaningless to you.

Nowhere did I say that acknowledging the wisdom of the 10 Commandments automatically gives someone a ticket to Heaven. That being said: Many of our criminal statutes are based on the 10 Commandments:

The Ten Commandments in American History
http://vftonline.org/TenC 4 USA/UShistory/1st.htm

Would you suggest that we scrap them unless there is an * included?

RCW 9A.32.030

Murder in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of murder in the first degree when:

(a) With a premeditated intent to cause the death of another person, he or she causes the death of such person or of a third person; or

(b) Under circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to human life, he or she engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to any person, and thereby causes the death of a person; or

(c) He or she commits or attempts to commit the crime of either (1) robbery in the first or second degree, (2) rape in the first or second degree, (3) burglary in the first degree, (4) arson in the first or second degree, or (5) kidnapping in the first or second degree, and in the course of or in furtherance of such crime or in immediate flight therefrom, he or she, or another participant, causes the death of a person other than one of the participants: Except that in any prosecution under this subdivision (1)(c) in which the defendant was not the only participant in the underlying crime, if established by the defendant by a preponderance of the evidence, it is a defense that the defendant:

(i) Did not commit the homicidal act or in any way solicit, request, command, importune, cause, or aid the commission thereof; and

(ii) Was not armed with a deadly weapon, or any instrument, article, or substance readily capable of causing death or serious physical injury; and

(iii) Had no reasonable grounds to believe that any other participant was armed with such a weapon, instrument, article, or substance; and

(iv) Had no reasonable grounds to believe that any other participant intended to engage in conduct likely to result in death or serious physical injury.

(2) Murder in the first degree is a class A felony.

*Oh and by the way: Just because you don't murder someone doesn't mean that you'll go to Heaven.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ask him about his support fro the communist (atheist) founded ACLU sometime.
I think this country is a great idea, even if it was founded in part by slave owners who made women second class citizens.

That's how it works, sometimes. Men have ideas that are bigger and better than they are.

While you're at it, ask him how he feels about the Obergefell v Hodges SCOTUS ruling.
Legally unavoidable, morally objectionable. Next?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

i'm gonna disagree, lon

(and as much as town will think it's about him, it isn't about him)

i'm gonna argue that having the ten commandments on display in front of any of our corrupt, evil government buildings is blasphemous

and i'll tell you why:

ten_commandments__131121204920.jpg

1. In a nation encouraging mooslims to come here?
2. Graven images abound. Including ten commandments monuments.
3. I don’t believe you even get disciplined or admonished in a courtroom for breaking this one
4. Does our government honor this one?
5. In a country that takes away parental right and responsibility with the pullik skool system?
6. Legalized abortion?
7. Not even against the law.
8. Tax freedom day was April 24, 2015
9. I don’t think anybody really cares about this one anymore either
10. Are you kidding? Coveting drives our economy.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Ask him about his support fro the communist (atheist) founded ACLU sometime.

I think this country is a great idea, even if it was founded in part by slave owners who made women second class citizens.

This coming from a guy who voted for a Barack Hussein Obama, who is the most pro abortion President in US History. You are aware that a high percent of those babies that are aborted yearly are black aren't you?

Regarding women being 2nd class citizens: Staying home and doing the invaluable job of raising a family while their husband works is far from being "2nd class".

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
While you're at it, ask him how he feels about the Obergefell v Hodges SCOTUS ruling.

Legally unavoidable, morally objectionable.

Funny how you didn't "morally object" to it when it was a hot topic of debate here on TOL.

You failed to talk about your support of the communist (atheist) ACLU. You remember that organization, they defended NAMBLA when the parents of Jeffrey Curley, a 10 year old boy who was brutally murdered by two homosexuals, sued the pedophile organization.

Plea from Barbara Curley, Mother of Jeffrey Curley, to help her lawsuit against NAMBLA and the ACLU
http://www.freedomisknowledge.com/otw/barbaracurleyintro.htm

jeffrey.jpg

We could also talk about how the ACLU is a huge supporter of Planned Parenthood as well as the removal of anything Christian related from the public if you wish.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
i'm gonna argue that having the ten commandments on display in front of any of our corrupt, evil government buildings is blasphemous

and i'll tell you why:

ten_commandments__131121204920.jpg

1. In a nation encouraging mooslims to come here?

Being that the vast majority of people in our nation call themselves "Christian" (even though a small percent are actual followers of Christ), who do you think comes to mind when a Christian reads:

"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me"?

musterion

Nowhere did I say that acknowledging the wisdom of the 10 Commandments automatically gives someone a ticket to Heaven.

I didn't say you did. I referred to what you said some time back -- that you saw no need to share the Gospel with Mormons because, as conservatives who fear "God," they're already right with "Him."

That being said: Many of our criminal statutes are based on the 10 Commandments:
Never argued it. But that in no way made this the "Christian nation" modern mythology makes it out to be.

*Oh and by the way: Just because you don't murder someone doesn't mean that you'll go to Heaven.
I never said otherwise. I always thought you'd be enjoyable to talk with if you didn't lie about what people said.