Tongues

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
99% of what is done today comes not from the Spirit of God, but from selfish, carnal, behavior expressing a prideful show to others about how "spiritual" the person is.

Everyone who has been chosen by God to be adopted into Christ has al also been immersed (baptized) into Christ by the Holy Spirit. God then gives various gifts to His adopted children according to what God desires to do. Not one gift is greater than another and not one gift can be required of all adopted children.
The gift of tongues is always an actual language. Every time it is evidenced in scripture, it is a very real and very knowable language. It is always connected with evangelism. It is never a selfish, personal edification. One must remember that the Corinthians were a screwed up group of people who were bringing in their former pagan babbling into the church. They were not acting as mature Christians. We should never desire to emulate their carnal and b a baby experiences, which Paul was desperately trying to correct.
Second, Paul never said he spoke an angelic language. He said "even if I spoke with the tongues of angels..." It's a hypothetical. Hypothetically, if he spoke with the tongues of angels, he still would want to talk in a knowable language so everyone could hear and understand.
The only place God provides the authentic gift of tongues today is on the front lines of the mission field where Christians are speaking to a completely unreached people group who have never heard the gospel before. That is a small group of people with the authentic gift of tongues. 99% of what is done today comes not from the Spirit of God, but from selfish, carnal, behavior expressing a prideful show to others about how "spiritual" the person is. God receives no glory. The person who is babbling in gibberish is receiving personal attention all for the glory of self. The actions are distractions from hell not a gift from the Holy Spirit.
All who have truly been gifted on the missionary frontline know I speak truth. All who are speaking gibberish will complain and call me a liar.

I said
lol That is you. You and your own opinion. You have no spiritual evidence of what you say, you have no spiritual proof of what you say. Just your own exaggerated ego. That your own opinion overrides the scriptures. Now that is arrogance to the fullest.

[Jhn 5:38
38 "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.

MennoSota

I assume squeak posted something, but I have squeak on ignore as he is nearly always dreadfully wrong. It would not surprise me if he's whining.
Perhaps he has written in gibberish as well.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I assume squeak posted something, but I have squeak on ignore as he is nearly always dreadfully wrong. It would not surprise me if he's whining.
Perhaps he has written in gibberish as well.

I said
lolol Remember this when you try to sneak something through with guile, God is watching.

[Heb 4:13
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things [are] naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we [must give] account.

RBBI

I said
lol I have met a lot of people who think their own opinion Is spiritual. Its sad but I think your one of them. I notice you don't ever speak from the Holy Spirit or demonstrate the Holy Spirit. Incase no one has ever explained it to you. If your not quoting verses your not in the Spirit.

[Jhn 7:18
18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.

In case you don't know it. The Holy Spirit teaches us not to trust our own opinion. But its obvious you haven't learned that lesson yet.

[Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

You do realize that what you're quoting are letters written by MEN under the influence of the HS and that since He is no respecter of persons and has not gone mute, He still speaks to people today, right? And it's not always in KJV old English, or whatever version you care to copy. See, that's what the speaking gifts of the Holy Ghost DO, He speaks, and He doesn't JUST quote letters.

I don't know what denom got to you before His Spirit could teach you, but you need to shuck them and press in to have a real relationship with Him and the HG, cause JUST parroting scriptures thinking IN THEM, you have life, is just like the Pharisees whose tables/heart were unclean from regurgitating scriptures with no life in them. Blessings....

RBBI

Everyone who has been chosen by God to be adopted into Christ has al also been immersed (baptized) into Christ by the Holy Spirit. God then gives various gifts to His adopted children according to what God desires to do. Not one gift is greater than another and not one gift can be required of all adopted children.
The gift of tongues is always an actual language. Every time it is evidenced in scripture, it is a very real and very knowable language. It is always connected with evangelism. It is never a selfish, personal edification. One must remember that the Corinthians were a screwed up group of people who were bringing in their former pagan babbling into the church. They were not acting as mature Christians. We should never desire to emulate their carnal and b a baby experiences, which Paul was desperately trying to correct.
Second, Paul never said he spoke an angelic language. He said "even if I spoke with the tongues of angels..." It's a hypothetical. Hypothetically, if he spoke with the tongues of angels, he still would want to talk in a knowable language so everyone could hear and understand.
The only place God provides the authentic gift of tongues today is on the front lines of the mission field where Christians are speaking to a completely unreached people group who have never heard the gospel before. That is a small group of people with the authentic gift of tongues. 99% of what is done today comes not from the Spirit of God, but from selfish, carnal, behavior expressing a prideful show to others about how "spiritual" the person is. God receives no glory. The person who is babbling in gibberish is receiving personal attention all for the glory of self. The actions are distractions from hell not a gift from the Holy Spirit.
All who have truly been gifted on the missionary frontline know I speak truth. All who are speaking gibberish will complain and call me a liar.

Nonsense. The 3000 on the day of Pentecost all heard them speaking in their own language, a feat ONLY made possible by the gift of interpretation of tongues. Scholars estimate there were 18 different languages among those 3000 as they had come from every corner to participate in Pentecost. Do you think the 120 who were from nearby all knew and decided to speak in foreign languages that day, to the 3000? If so, where is the gift from heaven in THAT??? The whole reason they thought they were drunk is they were likely shaking, and speaking in unknown tongues. BUT the Spirit who gave them, is also the Spirit who gave the 3000 the gift of interpretation in tongues, because He had something He wanted them to hear, and hear it they did, and they chose to repent and be saved.

Since God is no respecter of persons, He also doesn't limit those gifts of His body to "those on the mission field", particularly since He already stated the gift is for ALL HE HAS CALLED, even those that are afar off. Do you make Him a preferential liar? Just because you have never heard it or been used that way, doesn't mean you're right.

Pride has nada to do with. Pride is only in play when one thinks themselves, for whatever reason, to be above His clearly stated Word, too good to humble themselves to receive, because as the scriptures state, you have to be humbled to receive. Blessings...

MennoSota

Nonsense. The 3000 on the day of Pentecost all heard them speaking in their own language, a feat ONLY made possible by the gift of interpretation of tongues. Scholars estimate there were 18 different languages among those 3000 as they had come from every corner to participate in Pentecost. Do you think the 120 who were from nearby all knew and decided to speak in foreign languages that day, to the 3000? If so, where is the gift from heaven in THAT??? The whole reason they thought they were drunk is they were likely shaking, and speaking in unknown tongues. BUT the Spirit who gave them, is also the Spirit who gave the 3000 the gift of interpretation in tongues, because He had something He wanted them to hear, and hear it they did, and they chose to repent and be saved.

Since God is no respecter of persons, He also doesn't limit those gifts of His body to "those on the mission field", particularly since He already stated the gift is for ALL HE HAS CALLED, even those that are afar off. Do you make Him a preferential liar? Just because you have never heard I or been used that way, doesn't mean you're right.

Pride has nada to do with. Pride is only in play when one thinks themselves, for whatever reason, to be above His clearly stated Word, too good to humble themselves to receive, because as the scriptures state, you have to be humbled to receive. Blessings...
No need for interpretation. God spoke to them in their natural languages.
Acts of the Apostles 2:4,6-11
[4]And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.
[6]When they heard the loud noise, everyone came running, and they were bewildered to hear their own languages being spoken by the believers.
[7]They were completely amazed. “How can this be?” they exclaimed. “These people are all from Galilee,
[8]and yet we hear them speaking in our own native languages!
[9]Here we are—Parthians, Medes, Elamites, people from Mesopotamia, Judea, Cappadocia, Pontus, the province of Asia,
[10]Phrygia, Pamphylia, Egypt, and the areas of Libya around Cyrene, visitors from Rome
[11](both Jews and converts to Judaism), Cretans, and Arabs. And we all hear these people speaking in our own languages about the wonderful things God has done!”

RBBI

No need for interpretation. God spoke to them in their natural languages.
Acts of the Apostles 2:4,6-11
[4]And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.
[6]When they heard the loud noise, everyone came running, and they were bewildered to hear their own languages being spoken by the believers.
[7]They were completely amazed. “How can this be?” they exclaimed. “These people are all from Galilee,
[8]and yet we hear them speaking in our own native languages!
[9]Here we are—Parthians, Medes, Elamites, people from Mesopotamia, Judea, Cappadocia, Pontus, the province of Asia,
[10]Phrygia, Pamphylia, Egypt, and the areas of Libya around Cyrene, visitors from Rome
[11](both Jews and converts to Judaism), Cretans, and Arabs. And we all hear these people speaking in our own languages about the wonderful things God has done!”

Once again, they HEARD them speaking in their native languages. That is the, interpretation of TONGUES, gifting in operation. You hear the tongues in your natural hearing, but you hear the translation simultaneously in the Spirit. The power fell on them to give them SPIRITUAL GIFTS, not improved natural ones. If you had ever experienced it, you would know. Don't teach what you yourself have not experienced, you increase your accountability. Blessings....

MennoSota

Once again, they HEARD them speaking in their native languages. That is the, interpretation of TONGUES, gifting in operation. You hear the tongues in your natural hearing, but you hear the translation simultaneously in the Spirit. The power fell on them to give them SPIRITUAL GIFTS, not improved natural ones. If you had ever experienced it, you would know. Don't teach what you yourself have not experienced, you increase your accountability. Blessings....
They heard their native tongue because the disciples spoke with that actual language. Every instance of tongues in the Bible is an instance of a known language. No babbling took place. Only those who did not know the languages being spoken thought the disciples were drunk.
Is there a particular reason you need babbling in Acts 2?

RBBI

They heard their native tongue because the disciples spoke with that actual language. Every instance of tongues in the Bible is an instance of a known language. No babbling took place. Only those who did not know the languages being spoken thought the disciples were drunk.
Is there a particular reason you need babbling in Acts 2?

No, they did not. If so Paul wasted a lot of time explaining spiritual gifts that didn't exist. "Do all speak in tongues?" Kinda stupid he'd be saying this about natural born languages......isn't it?

And it says they said, "Are these men drunk?"

And last point; because it's the TRUTH. Is there a particular reason you don't? Don't answer that, I already know....the rebellious live in a dry land. Peace

MennoSota

No, they did not. If so Paul wasted a lot of time explaining spiritual gifts that didn't exist. "Do all speak in tongues?" Kinda stupid he'd be saying this about natural born languages......isn't it?
Not stupid at all. Tongues is a gift that the Holy Spirit gives to whom He wills. You cannot demand it or conjure it up. The answer is no. Not all are given the gift to speak a language they do not naturally know. Tongues are always a known language to the tribal group that hears a non-tribal member speaking, even though the non-tribal member doesn't know the language.
And it says they said, "Are these men drunk?"
Right. The Jews in Palestine didn't know the other languages, but they knew the disciples of Jesus. They knew these disciples spoke Aramaic, a bit of Greek and perhaps some Hebrew and Latin, but the disciples didn't speak the other languages. Yet, here the disciples are speaking these other known languages that the Palestinian Jews couldn't understand. The Palestinian Jews couldn't figure out what was happening. But these Jews from other nations knew the language because it was the common tribal language of the area in which they lived.
And last point; because it's the TRUTH. Is there a particular reason you don't? Don't answer that, I already know....the rebellious live in a dry land. Peace
The answer is simple. God the Holy Spirit has given me other gifts. Tongues is not a gift that I need to have. Tongues is rarely given as a gift today. Instead we have a bunch of carnal Corinthians babbling from their flesh and imagining it's from God. They don't have faith to trust God unless they can conjure up an experience to tell themselves God loves them. They cannot just accept God is with them. They need a prideful sign to show others how spiritual they are. Since God doesn't gift them with tongues, they just make it up and babble with no language at all. How's that prideful heart of yours doing. Are you conjuring your own babble, cause God's gift of tongues is always a gift to evangelize the unreached peoples.

RBBI

Not stupid at all. Tongues is a gift that the Holy Spirit gives to whom He wills. You cannot demand it or conjure it up. The answer is no. Not all are given the gift to speak a language they do not naturally know. Tongues are always a known language to the tribal group that hears a non-tribal member speaking, even though the non-tribal member doesn't know the language.

Right. The Jews in Palestine didn't know the other languages, but they knew the disciples of Jesus. They knew these disciples spoke Aramaic, a bit of Greek and perhaps some Hebrew and Latin, but the disciples didn't speak the other languages. Yet, here the disciples are speaking these other known languages that the Palestinian Jews couldn't understand. The Palestinian Jews couldn't figure out what was happening. But these Jews from other nations knew the language because it was the common tribal language of the area in which they lived.

The answer is simple. God the Holy Spirit has given me other gifts. Tongues is not a gift that I need to have. Tongues is rarely given as a gift today. Instead we have a bunch of carnal Corinthians babbling from their flesh and imagining it's from God. They don't have faith to trust God unless they can conjure up an experience to tell themselves God loves them. They cannot just accept God is with them. They need a prideful sign to show others how spiritual they are. Since God doesn't gift them with tongues, they just make it up and babble with no language at all. How's that prideful heart of yours doing. Are you conjuring your own babble, cause God's gift of tongues is always a gift to evangelize the unreached peoples.

Pity you feel the need to denigrate any aspect of the Holy Ghost as if He is nothing of value. Tongues of fire do not come on someone's head so they can speak a known language. Was it literal fire? NO. Having begun in the Spirit are you now made perfect by the flesh (and it's abilities)? NO.

Those that can't, always try to teach, and they always ignore what Paul said about "Forbid not to speak in tongues", "I speak in tongues more than ye all", "Pray without ceasing", "Our conversation is from heaven", "We speak with the tongues of men and of angels", ect., ALL OF WHICH, would be an absurd exercise in a known human language and make absolutely no sense.

When He said, "Do all speak in tongues?" It was a rhetorical question with an answer of no, solely because not everyone gets the gift of tongues with interpretation, otherwise all the other scriptures above clearly would confuse and in some cases, contradict the other scriptures dealing with it.

Your next paragraph is just as confused and just as much error. They thought they were drunk because they acted drunk, period. As I pointed out, (according to Biblical scholars) no less than 18 native languages had to have been translated from the unknown tongues they spoke that day, in order for the Jews from those languages to HEAR what was being said, EACH MAN IN HIS OWN LANGUAGE, which the text states. The soul is the candle of the Lord, and those men had just got their candles lit so they no longer had to stumble around in darkness. Pity so man still prefer darkness to light, blind yet professing they see.

Like it or not, the scripture said the baptism of the HG is for as many as the Lord our God shall call. Speaking in tongues, is the visible sign that one has had the baptism in the HG, which is the baptism of POWER that came from on high, and it is what empowers the other SPIRITUAL gifts. No Spirit baptism, no SPIRIT
gifts, it's just that simple.

The most common stumbling blocks to receiving it are unforgiveness, followed by pride, and then unbelief, because the flesh of men rarely savors being humbled or made to look foolish. It may look foolish to pray in an unknown tongue but it is your spirit communing with His Spirit directly, because we may not know what to pray but the Holy Ghost does and He intercedes on our behalf. This is why the delineation is made in the scriptures between the tongues that are for public use (gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues) and for the unbelievers, and the tongues that are for private use and personal edification that are we are to go into our prayer closet to do. It's just so darn hard to cut chapters out of the NT to support a private interpretation of doctrine.....isn't it? Peace

MennoSota

Pity you feel the need to denigrate any aspect of the Holy Ghost as if He is nothing of value. Tongues of fire do not come on someone's head so they can speak a known language. Was it literal fire? NO. Having begun in the Spirit are you now made perfect by the flesh (and it's abilities)? NO.

Those that can't, always try to teach, and they always ignore what Paul said about "Forbid not to speak in tongues", "I speak in tongues more than ye all", "Pray without ceasing", "Our conversation is from heaven", "We speak with the tongues of men and of angels", ect., ALL OF WHICH, would be an absurd exercise in a known human language and make absolutely no sense.

When He said, "Do all speak in tongues?" It was a rhetorical question with an answer of no, solely because not everyone gets the gift of tongues with interpretation, otherwise all the other scriptures above clearly would confuse and in some cases, contradict the other scriptures dealing with it.

Your next paragraph is just as confused and just as much error. They thought they were drunk because they acted drunk, period. As I pointed out, (according to Biblical scholars) no less than 18 native languages had to have been translated from the unknown tongues they spoke that day, in order for the Jews from those languages to HEAR what was being said, EACH MAN IN HIS OWN LANGUAGE, which the text states. The soul is the candle of the Lord, and those men had just got their candles lit so they no longer had to stumble around in darkness. Pity so man still prefer darkness to light, blind yet professing they see.

Like it or not, the scripture said the baptism of the HG is for as many as the Lord our God shall call. Speaking in tongues, is the visible sign that one has had the baptism in the HG, which is the baptism of POWER that came from on high, and it is what empowers the other SPIRITUAL gifts. No Spirit baptism, no SPIRIT
gifts, it's just that simple.

The most common stumbling blocks to receiving it are unforgiveness, followed by pride, and then unbelief, because the flesh of men rarely savors being humbled or made to look foolish. It may look foolish to pray in an unknown tongue but it is your spirit communing with His Spirit directly, because we may not know what to pray but the Holy Ghost does and He intercedes on our behalf. This is why the delineation is made in the scriptures between the tongues that are for public use (gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues) and for the unbelievers, and the tongues that are for private use and personal edification that are we are to go into our prayer closet to do. It's just so darn hard to cut chapters out of the NT to support a private interpretation of doctrine.....isn't it? Peace
No denigration of the Holy Spirit. He is God and He is my counselor and prayer warrior. He gives gifts as He wills. Let us look at the verses.
Romans 12:6-8
[6]In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you.
[7]If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well.
[8]If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.
1 Corinthians 12:8-11
[8]To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge.
[9]The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the one Spirit gives the gift of healing.
[10]He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said.
[11]It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have.
1 Peter 4:10-11
[10]God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.
[11]Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.
Notice all the other gifts that God the Holy Spirit gives. Notice that the Spirit gives as He wills, not as a person demands.
Tongues is a specific gift, given as a means to speak to the unreached people's. It is not some possessed babbling as many people exhibit in churches today. The chaotic babbling is denounced by God through Paul.

RBBI

No, it's not, in fact, just the opposite as Paul said not to forbid speaking in tongues (which of course would be absurd if it were natural languages he was talking about), and praised God that he spoke in tongues more than them all. Your views do NOT line up with scripture and you seem to be content to ignore that fact. So be it. What WAS denounced by Paul and clearly differientiated, was people praying in tongues in the body when they came together, instead of only operating in the gift of tongues and interpretation, which is for unbelievers.

And I never said a word about demanding, I said it's a free gift to whomever the Lord shall call, which is what the scripture says. Bottom line is, for whatever reason known only to you and God, you don't want it, and you'll be quite happy dying powerless and works-less, for like it or not, that accompanies the power that comes from on high, that empowers all the other gifts, since the Holy Ghost does the works, and those are His specific works, the works of the SPIRIT.