toldailytopic: Will you eat at Chick-fil-A knowing they support traditional marriage?

zippy2006

Colbert calls out Chick-fil-A’s Facebook ‘sock puppet’

It's amusing when people try to take Colbert's sarcasm and make it support their position. Generally they are confused. :D

It is absurd to think Chick-Fil-A is behind the Facebook gag. It is likely a liberal troll, possibly a dumb conservative.​

Hey tolerance and diversity crowd.... isn't there room for just one disenting view in this world? Or will you not be satisfied until you beat every single human on earth into submission?

Is your world view so weak that it cannot handle a differing opinion???

So Chick-fil-A supports traditional marriage and now you want the government to block them from operating in your town?

What happened to your tolerance??
Good point.

My wife and I intend to go to Chick-fil-A at least once a week. I'm glad they do not have the values of Chicago! That's a strong point in their favor.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Well well well facebook took down the support page huckabee made for chick fil a for 12 hours, then decided it was not in their best interest and put it back up.

As Attacks Continue, Chick-fil-A Getting Plenty of Support for its Christian Values

A couple excerpts from article:

The resulting national backlash from the homosexual activist community — which, among other actions, encouraged a boycott of Chick-fil-A restaurants — prompted the restaurant chain to remind the public that it exists to sell chicken sandwiches, not fight political battles. In a July 19 statement the chain said that it would “leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena,” and that its restaurants would continue to focus on treating “every person with honor, dignity and respect — regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation, or gender.”

Supporters of homosexual marriage, however, have been unable to leave the issue and “agree to disagree.” Nothing less than the public shunning and humiliation — and, if at all possible, the total destruction — of the successful Christian business will do. Thus, along with the continued requisite Change.org boycott of the restaurant have come high-profile and politically motivated attacks in major cities where Chick-fil-A is quietly trying to conduct its business.

Of course, those Americans whose hearts and minds resonate with the Christian values embraced by Chick-fil-A have been doing some voting as well. As the restaurant chain was absorbing the non-stop attacks of pro-homosexual groups and their backers, conservative radio talk-show host Mike Huckabee suggested that supporters of traditional values celebrate a Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, launching an I Support Chick-fil-A Facebook page where people could register their support for the company. According to Baptist Press News, by July 25 over 200,000 people had signed on to the page to say that they would support the cause by eating at Chick-fil-a on August 1.

“Let’s affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse by simply showing up and eating at Chick-Fil-A on Wednesday, August 1,” Huckabee wrote on the page. “Too often, those on the left make corporate statements to show support for same-sex marriage, abortion, or profanity, but if Christians affirm traditional values, we’re considered homophobic, fundamentalists, hate-mongers, and intolerant.”

Huckabee emphasized that “there’s no need for anyone to be angry or engage in a verbal battle. Simply affirm appreciation for a company run by Christian principles by showing up on Wednesday, August 1 or by participating online — tweeting your support, or sending a message on Facebook.”

Apparently, someone with access to the inner workings of Facebook’s online machine couldn’t tolerate the success of the campaign. On July 24 the “I Support Chick-fil-A” page disappeared from Facebook for 12 hours, prompting Huckabee to comment when it finally re-appeared: “We caught a 12-hour bug — apparently it hits when large numbers of Christians support something and post about it on Facebook!” Huckabee later wrote that Facebook had “decided to censor and delete the entire event page, and it was down for over 12 hours until they finally decided that maybe that wasn’t really smart.”

Gotta love that tolerance and the right to ones own personal opinion.

Alate_One

Here's a quote from the president of Chick-fil-a

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'"

Gee, I wonder why nobody was upset when polygamy was outlawed. :rolleyes:

Last time I checked God didn't define marriage.

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

I Tim 3:2 - implying that legitimate marriages could be polygamous, since bishops are held to a higher standards than the laity. (Also the numerous patriarchs and Israelite kings that had multiple wives)

I'm not saying gay marriage is supported by scripture, but saying we're fighting against God's "definition" of marriage is simply incorrect.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Last time I checked God didn't define marriage...I'm not saying gay marriage is supported by scripture, but saying we're fighting against God's "definition" of marriage is simply incorrect.
Is it accurate to say that God has excluded homosexual couples from marriage altogether? Whatever the specific definition of marriage might be?

Yes?

Well, there you go then. This is a meaningless quibble masquerading as substance.

I Tim 3:2 - implying that legitimate marriages could be polygamous, since bishops are held to a higher standards than the laity.
Where are you getting that from?

bybee

Here's a quote from the president of Chick-fil-a

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'"

Gee, I wonder why nobody was upset when polygamy was outlawed. :rolleyes:

Last time I checked God didn't define marriage.

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

I Tim 3:2 - implying that legitimate marriages could be polygamous, since bishops are held to a higher standards than the laity. (Also the numerous patriarchs and Israelite kings that had multiple wives)

I'm not saying gay marriage is supported by scripture, but saying we're fighting against God's "definition" of marriage is simply incorrect.

But, so far, he is free to hold to his own beliefs.

alwight

Never having eaten any CFA chicken myself, is it any good? :think:

"What's the chicken like?"

"It doesn't like anything, it's dead!" (Spike Milligan)​

ThePresbyteers

The cows don't do it.

nogaymarriage.jpg