toldailytopic: Will you eat at Chick-fil-A knowing they support traditional marriage?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 24th, 2012 09:06 AM

toldailytopic: Will you eat at Chick-fil-A knowing they support traditional marriage?

chick-fil-a-logo.png

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I already do and will continue. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey tolerance and diversity crowd.... isn't there room for just one disenting view in this world? Or will you not be satisfied until you beat every single human on earth into submission?

Is your world view so weak that it cannot handle a differing opinion???

So Chick-fil-A supports traditional marriage and now you want the government to block them from operating in your town?

What happened to your tolerance??

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lets see how this plays out you liberal thugs. I've always liked Chick-fil-A but now I plan to make a point to eat there 3 times as much.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The closest one to me is up near the Canadian border, about a 3 hour drive.

Tomorrow, Wednesday July 25, is "National Eat at Chick Fil A Day".

Eat up my Christian friends, it's great food and wonderful people that run the business.

http://www.nomblog.com/25694/

Son of Jack

The reason I like Chick-fil-a isn't just because they make good food (far better than the comparable alternatives), and it isn't because they have excellent service (again far, far superior to their competition). I like the franchise because they have been willing to sacrifice revenue because of principles (staying closed on Sundays and now this). Our culture could learn a lot from the people who run this franchise.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The reason I like Chick-fil-a isn't just because they make good food (far better than the comparable alternatives), and it isn't because they have excellent service (again far, far superior to their competition). I like the franchise because they have been willing to sacrifice revenue because of principles (staying closed on Sundays and now this). Our culture could learn a lot from the people who run this franchise.
This. :thumb:

And if you want a real treat, use a drizzle of honey on your chicken sandwich. :chew:

You'd think the owner had changed the name to Klan-fil-a. :plain:

Though now that I think on it, I am going to have to keep an eye on White Castle. :think:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I worked at Chick-fil-A when I was 21. I love their food. And, it was the best place I've ever worked at. I was trying to get off welfare, at the time, by working. The owner/manager of that store knew that. So, he offered me $5 an hour (minimum wage at that time was $3.75 an hour, in southern California). He also provided me with a bus pass every month that I worked there so that I didn't have that expense. The store was closed on Sundays and Darrell gave me most Saturdays off so that I didn't have to pay extra for day care on weekends. I was always the first person he asked to work overtime when someone called in sick. And, he told me that he was going to help me move toward management/ownership in the company. Then, my ex-husband (we were still married at the time) came home from school and wouldn't let me take my daughter from his mother's house. Darrell provided transportation for me to and from my attorney and the courthouse during the divorce/custody fight and recommended a Christian attorney. If it hadn't been for Darrell, I would have lost custody of my, then eighteen month old, daughter.

If there was a Chick-fil-A anywhere close to me, I would definitely eat there. Not only do I love their food, but I know that they support families. And, that means a lot to me.

lifeisgood

There is not one around here, but I would definitely eat there!

Especially in a business where the owner has gumption. Good for him! We need more people with gumption, especially Christians.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Why... yes, yes. I shall seek out the divine Chick fil- a...I only eat after I have discovered the moral background of the restaurant. I never stop at any roadside cafes or coffee houses because it would be just too risky.

zippy2006

Indeed, the place is great. I used to grab some over lunch at the U mainly because it seemed like the fairest price, but soon realized the other advantages. :chew:

ragTagblues

Why on earth would you not?

Starving yourself of a good product, which by the way I suspect that Chick-fil-A isn't, because of political views is a bit ludicrous?

I go with that they shouldn't get involved and should concentrate on providing a good service etc.

lovemeorhateme

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 24th, 2012 09:06 AM

chick-fil-a-logo.png

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

I've been following this story with interest. If we had one here in the UK I would make a point of going there to eat after this! But sadly we don't. But if I ever visit the USA I will make a point of trying their food, and eating there more than once if I like it.

:chew:

Son of Jack

Why on earth would you not?

Starving yourself of a good product, which by the way I suspect that Chick-fil-A isn't, because of political views is a bit ludicrous?

I go with that they shouldn't get involved and should concentrate on providing a good service etc.

Then I suspect that you'd be wrong. Best food and service in the fast food industry. Nobody's even a close second. Now, that doesn't mean that I'm trying to say that Chick-fil-A is comparable to the best steak place in town, only that they do what they do better than anybody else and they do it with principles.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm waiting to hear what :chicken: has to say about this. :shut:

But, Knight has a point. Where are all the principled leftists on this site? :idunno:

ragTagblues

Then I suspect that you'd be wrong. Best food and service in the fast food industry. Nobody's even a close second. Now, that doesn't mean that I'm trying to say that Chick-fil-A is comparable to the best steak place in town, only that they do what they do better than anybody else and they do it with principles.

Ahhh we over the pond in ole'blighty don't have a great opinion of fast food, however we do not have a great selection to choose from.

Generally I find the food sub-standard and the service indifferent; but thats just me. I'm sure it is a very fine establishment ;)

I would rather just cook something I will like more at home and for less than half the cost.