toldailytopic: Why did Jesus need to die?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 21st, 2011 07:56 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Living the full life of mans experience was the requirement of the Father for the Son in order to achieve unquestioned authority over his own co-created universe. He has now been given all power and authority in heaven and on earth. He successfully lived the life that we are asked to live.

Caino

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
. . . if only you realized how ridiculous your beliefs appear to those of us better informed :sigh:.

. . . at least it's entertaining :thumb:.

Not as entertaining as your ignorance on the subject being discussed. Bye Now.:wave2:

OMEGA

You first have to ask yourself why Jesus came in the first place.

GOD had a problem. How was He going to develop a being that would Resist Evil and
would not eventually become Evil and Rebellious like Satan.:devil:

God first allowed Adam and Eve to have the same mindset as Satan with the second Tree
and now He is giving them a helping mindset to overcome that mindset.:DK:

God, the Father sent Jesus:

1. To Build Godly HUMAN Character in obeying the Commandments and pleasing God the Father.
2. To take that Human Character and total Resistance to Evil back up to God.
3. To become a God again and send that Mindset back down into Mankind to help them Overcome evil thoughts consistently .

De 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me,
and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said,
They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you:
and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

1Co 2:16 ...But we have the mind of Christ.:thumb:

----------------------------:rapture:-----------------------------------------------------

Silent Hunter

Not as entertaining as your ignorance on the subject being discussed. Bye Now.
. . . you'd be surprised about how much I know about your religion and its insane beliefs, you REALLY would be ;).

OK, we have let you have your say, we know where you stand. Please move on now as to not distract from the topic that is very important to us Christians. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
. . . thank you K for allowing me to participate in the discussion :box:.

. . . since I have nothing further to contribute that any christian thoroughly steeped in his/her delusion would understand, I take my leave of this thread :wave:.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why does a guy who doesn't believe in our "nonsense" spend all his time talking about it?

I don't hang out at tooth fairy or Easter bunny websites. So, why are you here? :idunno:

John 12:32 can't be repeated enough.

naatmi

1. Right and wrong is self-evident, not an arbitrary calvinistic will (that he might be just)
2. God treats us way better than we deserve (and the justifier)

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. (Rom 3:26)

Paul said Christ was a propitiation. A propitiation is something that makes someone propitious. This is figurative because God was already so propitious that He gave His only begotten son. But when we repent we still deserve punishment. God would still have an obligation to punish those who repent. But the Lord's death is a substitute for that punishment.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was the only way to reconcile sinful man to a righteous, Holy God, the perfect sacrifice once and for all, to those who believe.

Rom. 3:23 for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God;
Rom. 3:24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus;
Rom. 3:25 whom God set forth to be an atoning sacrifice, through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness through the passing over of prior sins, in God’s forbearance;
Rom. 3:26 to demonstrate his righteousness at this present time; that he might himself be just, and the justifier of him who has faith in Jesus.

BAM!! Great stuff. :up:

Yep. Great stuff. If I said more it would just be an echo. Need I post more? Not.

some other dude

. . . let me get this straight :eek:.

. . . god (Jesus) left heaven (the kingdom of god) to become a man :angel:.

. . . but couldn't get back into his own home unless he "died" first :liberals:.

. . . how do you "inherit" what you already own :idunno:.

. . . and you guys wonder why we don't believe in your religious nonsense :rolleyes:.

Are you really interested in understanding us, or is your only purpose here to be disruptive?

eta: Oops. Missed this.

OK, we have let you have your say, we know where you stand. Please move on now as to not distract from the topic that is very important to us Christians. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Never mind.

Silent Hunter

Are you really interested in understanding us, or is your only purpose here to be disruptive?
. . . you couldn't wait to get in a dig could you? :crackup:

. . . but it's what you do isn't it :think:.

eta: Oops. Missed this.
. . . and this too :sigh:.

Never mind.
. . . yeah, it's what happens when you don't read the thread first :rotfl:.

Now . . . why don't you let the more thoughtful christians have their say. They at least care about the topic.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, but he came in the likeness of sinful flesh and bore the sin of the world. Including yours if you let him.

If He was in the likeness of sinful flesh then where was His sin that it would have been justice in His having to die?

LA.

Krsto

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

The only reason he "needed" to die was because that is the way God determined that we (by faith) would receive the gift of eternal life. God could have saved us any way he wanted. He was not restricted to doing it the way he did it. That's just how he chose to do it. That's the ONLY reason Jesus "had to die."

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
1. Right and wrong is self-evident, not an arbitrary calvinistic will (that he might be just)
2. God treats us way better than we deserve (and the justifier)

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. (Rom 3:26)

Paul said Christ was a propitiation. A propitiation is something that makes someone propitious. This is figurative because God was already so propitious that He gave His only begotten son. But when we repent we still deserve punishment. God would still have an obligation to punish those who repent. But the Lord's death is a substitute for that punishment.

In other words...Jesus had to die so that God could save those who acted better than other people. People who stop sinning----good people. People who don't stop sinning ---bad people.

This is a doctrine of demons.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If He was in the likeness of sinful flesh then where was His sin that it would have been justice in His having to die?

LA.

What do you mean "if"?

Romans 8:3

3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,

Romans 7

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.