toldailytopic: Who should Romney choose as his VP running mate?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 3rd, 2012 11:03 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It doesn't matter to me, who he chooses as his running mate. He could choose the most conservative person in the world and I still wouldn't vote for him.

Newman

I think it's funny when "somebody conservative" comes to mind when pondering who would best balance the supposedly conservative party's ticket.

:chuckle:

glorydaz

It doesn't matter to me, who he chooses as his running mate. He could choose the most conservative person in the world and I still wouldn't vote for him.

You don't believe in voting?

Surely it isn't because you want Obama to remain in office?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't believe in voting?

Surely it isn't because you want Obama to remain in office?

I'll write in whomever I like better than Romney and Obama. I did the same for the last two elections.

I don't vote according to party. But, I will never vote for a democrat.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I think it's funny when "somebody conservative" comes to mind when pondering who would best balance the supposedly conservative party's ticket.

:chuckle:
You do realize some of us are just making jokes, right?

Newman

You do realize some of us are just making jokes, right?

What are you talking about? I wasn't referring to anybody's post.

"Balancing the ticket" means finding a VP who would attract certain voters the P doesn't already attract. It's funny that the quality that would attract those voters is conservatism itself, precisely because Romney isn't perceived as conservative among voters, despite being the (probable) Republican nominee.

Nitro

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Does it really matter?

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber

The Horn.

Buzzword

ebenz47037 said:
I don't vote according to party. But, I will never vote for a democrat.

Okay, lot of sarcasm floating around the thread, so I can't tell if you're being intentionally contradictory, or unknowingly throwing two opposing blanket statements into the same paragraph and assuming it makes sense.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hmm.. who should Grimy Mitts have as his running mate-- meshak

Cracked

Ebenezer Scrooge? Therston Howell III? The Grinch? The Heat Miser? Elmer J. Fudd, miwwionaiwe, who owns a mansion and a yacht?

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Okay, lot of sarcasm floating around the thread, so I can't tell if you're being intentionally contradictory, or unknowingly throwing two opposing blanket statements into the same paragraph and assuming it makes sense.

Looks like Ebenz was implying that party doesn't necessarily pull her vote(just because someone is a repub., they get her vote) like Chrysotom, but it does prevent her.

I see your point, but Ebenz isn't usually sarcastic.