toldailytopic: What would be on the menu for your last meal on earth?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
A very nice sirloin steak, baked potato, green beans, and buttery baby carrots and coconut pie for dessert. :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Probably something like what I'm making for dinner this evening: grilled vegetable medley, steak (rare), gorgonzola.

Layla

Calimari or fried shrimp or something equally seafoody and delicious.
Steak with diane sauce and truffle fries.

Then a nice cup of tea and a cigarette.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

I'd begin with a camp salad from Felix's Fish camp.

I'd follow that with the meal I had every Sunday until I went away to college complete with the banter/conversation that made our table an event, not just a meal. I'd have a filet mignon and a large baked potato, baked beans and homemade yeast bread with whipped butter.

The conversation this week would be politics. My older brother already half on his way to Wharton would be arguing economics with my father. Mom would be talking over the social issues and impact. And I'd be finding the chinks in their armor and throwing barbs...lots of laughter and interesting thinking found its way to that table. I've never found one to match it.

Then, when the table cleared I'd have a cup of sweetened cold coffee that would taste exactly the way I remember it when I'd find dad's left sitting on the table as a kid and steal a sip.

Nothing could be better than that. :e4e:

Last edited:

bybee

I'd begin with a camp salad from Felix's Fish camp.

I'd follow that with the meal I had every Sunday until I went away to college complete with the banter/conversation that made our table an event, not just a meal. I'd have a filet mignon and a large baked potato, baked beans and homemade yeast bread with whipped butter.

The conversation this week would be politics. My older brother already half on his way to Wharton would be arguing economics with my father. Mom would be talking over the social issues and impact. And I'd be finding the chinks in their armor and throwing barbs...lots of laughter and interesting thinking found its way to that table. I've never found one to match it.

Then, when everyone had retreated to reading chairs or television I'd have a cup of sweetened cold coffee that would taste exactly the way I remember it when I'd find dad's left sitting on the table as a kid and steal a sip.

Nothing could be better than that. :e4e:

Family memories are wonderful! Blessings.