toldailytopic: What were your favorite childhood toys and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ps82

My son loved Legos ... still does ... and so does his son. Can't believe I haven't heard any Star Wars toys mentioned. I thought they were cool, but I was too old to sit and play by then.

One Eyed Jack

My son loved Legos ... still does ... and so does his son. Can't believe I haven't heard any Star Wars toys mentioned. I thought they were cool, but I was too old to sit and play by then.

They were cool, but not as cool as Micronauts.

Ps82

I used to spend hours shooting bumblebees off of clover blossoms. :)

My cousins and I would capture bumblebees off of flowery limbs with sliding match boxes and then listen to them buzz. If we killed one by accident, we would hold a funeral - even with wild flowers for the grave site.

We also sat on my grand parents front porch in her big white rockers and put Tootsie rolls between our bottom lip and teeth and pretended to be old folks dipping snuff. We personally didn't know anyone who dipped snuff, thank goodness, but knew that some old people did. So much fun.

I'd build a play house anywhere I could put one. Favorite spot was under huge privet(sp?) hedge branches.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Legos, Construx, TinkerToys, Lincoln Logs and just about anything that involved me building something.

Why? I like building stuff. I have the knack, I'll never live a normal life. And it kept my father from calling me a girl or a fag.

So then how do dresses fit in? Because they don't.

Quincy

My Nintendo and Super Nintendo I guess. I didn't play with many "toys" in the traditional sense. I had G.I. Joes and He-man figurines but they were pretty boring and simple. I only used them to make fancy set pieces and to decorate with. Then, when I got bored of that I went outside and buried them. Some place where I grew up there is a gold mine of action figures, assuming they never decompose :chuckle: . I wish I could remember where.

some other dude

:doh: how could I have forgotten about fire? We used to love building fires, putting them out, playing with firecrackers, blowing things up

:)

Ps82

We still have some of our son's Star War's ships and figures. I bought him a figure of Princess Leigha (sp?). Thought he needed at least one girl to rescue, but found out later that he immediately gave her away.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Big Jim was another action figure I had. The guy had a camper on wheels. Weird, now that I think of it. :think: He could flex his arm muscle and pop open a restraint with his bicep.
I had that toy. His bicep muscle was pretty cool.

I also had the Evel Knievel figure, motorcycle, and van. I loved recreating Evel's worst crashes.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
My favorites? Hard to pick.

Full size G.I. Joe figures were fun to play with. I also had the G.I. Joe six wheeled sand buggy with crane and mummy sarcophagus.

Big Jim was another action figure I had. The guy had a camper on wheels. Weird, now that I think of it. :think: He could flex his arm muscle and pop open a restraint with his bicep.

I probably spent most of my time playing with plastic Army soldiers (WWII and Vietnam era soldiers) and building and painting plastic military models. (Yes, I eventually went into the military.)

I had that dude....also had his "Jungle Patrol". The rhino lasted longer than Jim did if I rememebr correctly. :squint:

big-jim-jungle-patrol_260749472683.jpg

:plain: Quite a passel of characters...

bigjim.jpg

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: What were your favorite childhood toys and why?

My dad was in construction and I liked the equipment -
  • Adams road grader
  • S-M MIC Hydraulic dump truck (Smith and Miller Toy Truck Company
  • Caterpillar dealer promo model
I thought I wanted to be a fireman -
  • Smith and Miller Fire Dept. No. #3 Hook and Ladder
I though I wanted to be a disk jockey -
  • RCA 3 speed portable record player and lots of records
I went a lot of car races and I grew up really liking cars -
  • Thimble Drone gas powered tether midget race car, red #12
  • Ohlsson-Rice gas powered tether midget race car, yellow #42
  • A wind-up Indianapolis race car, white/blue #5