toldailytopic: What to do with pastors that stumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know a Pastor who had an affair with a woman in his church a few years ago. His wife knows about it, but not the woman's husband... or his church.

What would you do if you had that information?

Tell the woman's husband.
Tell the church.
Boot the pastor (or demand it, if I don't have the power to do the boot).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know a Pastor who had an affair with a woman in his church a few years ago. His wife knows about it, but not the woman's husband... or his church.

What would you do if you had that information?

Rebuke in the presense of all, so that others may fear. Where you waiting for a non Bible believer to answer?

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you think I've been wrong not to get involved?

I don't know. When I first read your post, I read it as if I were in a church and the pastor did that. In that case, you or I would be wrong if we didn't do anything about it.

But you're talking about something different...not a fellowship you were part of (is that right?). With that said, I don't know for sure. I think I'd feel obligated to let someone know in that church so their own fellowship can deal with it. Because the guy clearly shouldn't be pastoring.

I think we'd have to know why you didn't get involved to give a meaningful opinion.

I trust the Spirit is leading you.
There are many factors as to why I never confronted them, including the fact that they would think I was doing it to break-up their ministry, since they know I am a former Charismatic who is not a supporter of their beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.