the things that make me happy are as follows in order from least to greatest:
jesus christ-friends and family,
winning things,
staying home from school
cash
sleep
food

Aimiel

Reading several posts on TOL where I see fellow-Christians that have views the same or very similar to mine. :thumb:

Alate_One

Being out in pristine wilderness, preferably temperate deciduous forest, with no other people, except perhaps my spouse. Pure joy. :)

Watching wildflowers emerge in the spring.

Seeing any sort of creature I've never seen before.

Good seafood of any sort.

Singing old hymns with meaning (not those mindless repetitive ones).

Reading a really good Sci Fi or Fantasy story (alas this happens so rarely these days).

Watching a good documentary.

Doing any of the above with family - multiplier effect.

"hanging out" with online friends. :)

lucy

At the beach, lying on a comfy beach chair under a bright umbrella with a tall, cool glass if iced tea and a good, long, book.

Aimiel

Sitting by the ocean in the warm sun, sipping an ice cold Corona Extra, just like in the commercial.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Time with my girlfriend.

A good day in the classroom. Especially when the little ones (little? half of them are bigger than me!) have learned something and seem to appreciate my being there.

A good night on stage. The louder the crowd is applauding and the more money I get tipped, the happier I am.

Any time I get to see an band I enjoy and get to talk to them.

When I play Eve Online, podding an Amarr brings a smile to my face.

A good game of Warhammer 40K.

A good sci-fi movie.

Cold weather, so I can wear vinyl and not boil in it.

Sales on the makeup that I use.

lucy

A rainy, cold day and I am camped out on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream on top, watching a good old classic movie like Jayne Eyre....

Eating out with the family at the local German restaurant/dance hall and watching the little kids having a ball jumping and laughing while on the other side of the dance floor, there is a quiet, old couple dancing together, that you can tell have been dancing for years because their dancing looks more like a ballet they know each other so well...

The smell of newborn "puppy breath" and later, when they are a few weeks old, their first "ferocious" attempts at barking.

Watching the acrobatic antics of the Texas Mockingbird. Hearing the beautiful coo of the timid Morning Dove. Watching a momma wren build her nest in our potted fern.

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I liked to prowl among my cattle.
It used to be always being busy, with work, my family, parties for my children and a night in town, all kinds of busy to be happy.

Now, just sleeping and good feeling awake and not too sick makes me happy. God sets our happiness according to what we need, He takes care of His people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.