toldailytopic: What makes you happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder's Muse

God
My Family (my all-time, fave people to hang out with. I'd be lost without them)
Me
My friends
Listening to my fave music
Reading a good book
Laughing so hard my tummy hurts
Sitting by the river on a sunny day with an oh-so-gentle breeze
Deep conversation
Learning something new
A totally, every room spotless, clean house (a rare joy - at least until they all get home)
My slow-cooker
Taking a nap
Going for a walk
New makeup/skincare/shoes/bags/jeans :D

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
At the moment, a Young's Luxury Double Chocolate Stout (thanks, The Graphite :up:).

Generally...

...a night of Bible study with friends.
...learning new scriptural truths, from others or from personal studies.
...a night out alone with my wife.
...one-on-one time with any one of my three girls.
...beating ANYBODY at chess (since it's a rarity).

Buzzword

Harmonizing with my wife to the music of Queen, Boston, Led Zeppelin, Chicago, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Fleetwood Mac, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Who, The Guess Who.......when going down the road.
Especially when we argue about who is doing which part, and end up forming a three-part harmony with the recording, neither of us taking the melody.

Leftover pizza for breakfast.

Playing a giant improv piano solo for hours on end (doesn't happen very often because we don't own a piano, but when I get the opportunity, it's on).

Finding a pop/rock/jazz/classical/etc. solo that's in my range.
(I'm a baritone with more bass leaning than tenor. There goes 3/4 of recorded music right there.)

Finishing a scene for my novel that I've been working on for weeks (had that adrenaline dump happen last night. 'Twas marvelous).

The guinea pig in this video:
Yeah, Awesome

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What makes me happy?

I teach AWANA and Child Evangelism. What makes me happy is when a child gives his life to Jesus. That make me very happy. :banana:

not4sure

tumblr_mdz2qnHSFA1rvcpfp.gif

LKmommy

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 26th, 2010 12:20 PM

toldailytopic: What makes you happy?

My children, husband, my immediate and inlaw family, and my fellowships through my religous beliefs--even when some (except two) are acting foolish.

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hey guys and gals

Does this mean Lighthouse was officially happy already at least once this year and nobody told me??
Nope. Well, not on that day for the reason I was hoping. You got my PM, so you know why.

Speaking of being happy, my mom's in town for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.