toldailytopic: What are some of God's most prominent attributes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 12th, 2011 09:32 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The one that stands out for me is the depth of His love. The lengths He went to reconcile Man to Himself. Sin is a wall between humanity and God. God gave Jesus as a perfect sacrifice to break that wall down. The choice is up to us to take that step to accept Jesus and let Him tear down our wall of sin.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Aseity(self-existence, pure being, pure actuality) GOD's primary attribute.

Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

God as Pure Actuality, has no potentiality in his being at all. What has potentiality, requires actualization by another. Because God is the Uncaused Cause, there is nothing behind or beyond him to actualize any potential.
Also, a self-caused being is impossible, since it cannot create itself. In that case GOD would have to exist before HE existed, which is nonsense.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God is also the cause of the universe. He is the one who started it all. The uncreated Creator who stretched out the heavens like a curtain.

bybee

. . . undetectability . . . non-existence . . . :chuckle:

:e4e:

...yet, so many of us have detected something, someone who, like electricity is known to us. This would have to be a mass hallucination which spans all of known history and all of the known peoples. How likely is that?:think:

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Listens when we pray. Answers our prayers. He is a living and dynamic God. One only has to read the accounts of Moses and the Exodus to discover that.

pqmomba8

Love, love and more love!

Hmmmmm, you ever see those videos of starving, disease ridden children with bloated stomachs, who are more than likely, about to die slowly and painfully after a few years of miserable existence?

Love indeed.......

bybee

Hmmmmm, you ever see those videos of starving, disease ridden children with bloated stomachs, who are more than likely, about to die slowly and painfully after a few years of miserable existence?

Love indeed.......

That is our responsibility. That is the responsibility of power crazed men who line their own pockets at the expense of their people. That is the responsibility of leaders who would rather make war than tend to the needs of women and children.

pqmomba8

That is our responsibility. That is the responsibility of power crazed men who line their own pockets at the expense of their people. That is the responsibility of leaders who would rather make war than tend to the needs of women and children.

Listen, that may be correct in principle, but that doesn't change the fact that the most vulnerable and innocent are going through unspeakable suffering - and THAT flies directly in the fact of the whole "God is infinite love, blah, blah, blah" marlakey....

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

bybee :thumb: I went and read the parable of the Good Samaritan again, marvelous word picture of love your neighbor as your self, even those you do not know.​

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Love indeed.......

Don't forget the blind, the halt and the lame, some of live in miserable existence as well. And their are those who are shut away from society, sometimes called the warehoused...Nursing home residents.

I know what I do, what do you do to relieve what you see in those videos or nursing homes that you pass.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

All compassionate.

The sufficiency of His grace.

His love is from everlasting to everlasting.

For me, He is first and last, and all all things in between.

pqmomba8

Don't forget the blind, the halt and the lame, some of live in miserable existence as well. And their are those who are shut away from society, sometimes called the warehoused...Nursing home residents.

I know what I do, what do you do to relieve what you see in those videos or nursing homes that you pass.

Meh, see my response to bybee...............in fact yours (and his/her) argument would be very much valid.........if you were espousing a humanistic, "non-Godly" justification.

Status
Not open for further replies.