toldailytopic: The rapture. Do you believe it will happen? If so, when and how will i

Todah

There is a great conundrum in the words that "this generation shall not pass away, until they see all these things." However even though the preterist theology seems to solve this dilemna it does so at the expense of creating a flurry of even larger conundrums, which are spiritualized away, by them.

Not the least of which, is His proclamation, that every eye will see Him at His return............. changed, by the Preterists, to He returned spiritually, and invisibly, in 70 A.D.

http://www.biblestudy.org/basicart/was-jesus-wrong-about-his-second-coming.html

ghost

Hall of Fame
This is what will be left for you because you received not the love of the truth that you would be saved;

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Like I said... godrulz

Nah. God has never once promised that we would not suffer.

I keep hearing about how the world will become a living hell after the rapture, yet so many people on TOL seem to think the world is perfectly capable of getting that way with Christians still in it.

Plus, there are new people coming to Christ almost every hour of every day somewhere on this planet.
If God is going to simply sweep us out of the way before going Old Testament on the rest of the world, who's to say He won't miss ten or a hundred or a thousand people who took a few moments longer to make a decision?

really wonder about that i believe that the earth will go through a cycle of cleansing. those who had true love for god and all this world bares will be safe from this cataclysm. look up in scripture and history every so often the earth in terms is destroyed only the select chosen ones survive to repopulate

SaulToPaul 2

I certainly am!

Philippians 3:20-21 KJV For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Me three!

I am certainly "willing rather...."

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
3rd coming of Christ? You should be banned for intentional blasphemy on a daily basis.

It is you that claims Jesus comes 3 times not me.

According to you, here are the three times you have Jesus coming:

1) Incarnation

2) Rapture

3) After the 7 year Trib

K. Mapson

BANNED
Banned
As a Pandeist, I consider scriptural accounts to be improbably generally (tho, naturally, nothing is impossible); but given the Judeochristian Biblical account, I observe that there are several points therein wherein the deity of that book promises its Israelite followers 'a thousand generations' -- and counting generations from that time to this (the book itself provides a handy partial listing of generations passing in that time) puts us about an eighth of the way there; so if there is to be a rapture along that timeframe, the most conservative estimate biologically would place it in A.D. 12285 (though a more conventional generational timeframe might place it at A.D. 28508).

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 2nd, 2011 10:23 AM

toldailytopic: The rapture. Do you believe it will happen? If so, when and how will it happen?

It will happen..

It will happen after the tribulation of those days. That is at the 7th trump which is after the 6th trumpet of rev.ch 9 which follows the tribulations of the first 4 trumpets as described in mat.ch 24.

It will happen by the visible return of Christ from Heaven in the clouds of Heaven to the earths clouds when every eye will see the event, even those who have pierced Him in our near future, and the living and dead saints are raised from the dead to meet Him in the clouds so that we shall ever be with the Lord in the regions of the earth until the world is burned up at the end of the years of the thousand.

LA

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since you agree with this statement of Nang's. How do you reconcile this passage in Scripture?

John 14:1-3

14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, 2I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

To me the passage says that He will come again to take believers where He was then going. Since He was going to Heaven and not to earth. I don't see how you can brush by this passage by saying that there is only the resurrection of believers and final judgement left. This passage says that He is coming to take the believers.
Jesus promises his followers that he is coming again (the second coming, see also John 14:3) and that one of the reasons he is leaving to be with the Father is to prepare a place for his disciples in heaven.

Jesus encourages his followers (not to be troubled), to trust in God and also in him. From the Greek, we see that these statements are imperatives, not suggestions.

In my Father’s house are many dwellings…would I have told you….prepare a place for you—an abundancy of space for all who follow Jesus—a heavenly life of joy that will be greater than anything enjoyed by anyone on earth. Jesus, even after his departure serves his followers, preparing hetoimazō a place for them, as they are not of this world (see John 17:15-16).

The reference is to the second coming here, not some sort of interim, see also John 17:24; John 21:22-23. Jesus is going to prepare a place for his bride and returns to take them home with him. The second coming is not restricted to resurrection of believers as you seem to be implying.

AMR

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tet can't count to 3.

(2 Thess 2:1 KJV) Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

So you don't consider this a "coming" even though Paul calls it a "coming"?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
The second coming is not restricted to resurrection of believers as you seem to be implying.

AMR

I did not mean to imply that the rapture and the second coming are at the same time or are the same thing. I believe the rapture and the second coming are two different events.

Revelation 19:1-10 describes event in Heaven. The Bride has come and the saints have stood at the judgement seat of Christ. The Bride (the Church) is in fine white linen in Heaven.

Revelation 19:11-21 describe the second coming and is on earth and describes other events.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AMR, you didn't answer my question. Do you agree with Nang's statement or not?
I thought I did. Nang and I are speaking about the same thing. There are only two times we see the Lord, one was during the Incarnation, the second, at the Judgment. No rapture that comes before some tribulation, millennial reign, etc.

I believe the rapture and the second coming are two different events.
I, and I am quite certain, Nang, would disagree. ;) Second coming only. No rapture.

AMR

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I thought I did. Nang and I are speaking about the same thing. There are only two times we see the Lord, one was during the Incarnation, the second, at the Judgment. No rapture that comes before some tribulation, millennial reign, etc.

I, and I am quite certain, Nang, would disagree. ;)

AMR

Do you believe that the rapture and the second coming are different events and that the rapture takes place before the second coming? I'm not asking you about pre or post trib.

I see you altered your post above and answered this question. You don't believe in a rapture period.

Do you have anything to say about the Scripture I posted in my previous post.