toldailytopic: Shooting at the Arizona Safeway. How could we help prevent tragic even

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You don't think liberals ever use guns???
I think it's a bit hypocritical of them, if they're carrying the party line. :D

I also think attempting to determine the political understanding of the deranged is about as productive and applicably meaningful as reading through a Glenn Beck transcript sober...speaking of which. :poly:

Dude, it's still early in the day... are you already drunk?

On love, Knight. Drunk on love. :chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Neither. That's the point, Knight. This isn't a black-white Manichean either-or. The guy's gleaned from both sides of the spectrum, doesn't seem to have understood much of what he's claimed to have read, and his political views are a barely-coherent hodge podge. He's a loon, he's not a "liberal" or "conservative." Labels like that are bogus anyway, and they're not applicable to this tragedy at all.
Well then, I would love to play poker with you.

:mock: Granite

Granite

Hall of Fame
I also think attempting to determine the political understanding of the deranged is about as productive and applicably meaningful as reading through a Glenn Beck transcript sober.

Oooooooh. Better to die.

On love, Knight. Drunk on love.

You make me so sick.:chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I also think attempting to determine the political understanding of the deranged is about as productive and applicably meaningful as reading through a Glenn Beck transcript sober...speaking of which. :poly:
So... how do you feel about the majority of the conversation today (on the mainstream media, the Democratic Party, and from the Tuscon Sheriff, etc.) that Jared Loughner was a product of Sara Palin, Rush Limbaugh and the right wing?

Don't you see what I am saying?
You don't want me labeling Jared Loughner as a liberal (even though he clearly was one) yet none of you seem to care that liberals are trying to label Jared Loughner as a conservative!

It's comical!!!

I hate to be harsh to you my friend... but may suggest you are playing the hypocrite?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We don't need to "attempt" to figure out what Jared Loughner is. We KNOW for a FACT that he is a flaming lefty.

The Graphite

Genesis 9:6
"Whoever sheds man's blood, by man his blood shall be shed...

Numbers 35:31-33
'Moreover you shall take no ransom for the life of a murderer who is guilty of death, but he shall surely be put to death... So you shall not pollute the land where you are; for blood defiles the land, and no atonement can be made for the land, for the blood that is shed on it, except by the blood of him who shed it.'

Ezekiel 13:19
"And will you profane Me among My people... killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live...?"​

Jesus continued to teach the requirement of the death penalty, quoting the commandments that He personally gave to Moses:

Matthew 15:3-4
"Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? For God commanded, saying... `He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.' But you say..."

Mark 7:8-11

"For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men..." [Jesus] said to them, "All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition. For Moses said, 'Honor your father and your mother; and 'He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.' But you say..."​

The result of not administering a swift and effective death penalty? A murder epidemic, like we have in America today.

Ecclesiastes 8:11
Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.​

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We don't need to "attempt" to figure out what Jared Loughner is. We KNOW for a FACT that he is a flaming lefty.

...And a flaming atheist.

Caitie Parker, claimed on her Twitter feed that she went to high school and college with the gunman, and was in a band with him. She described his politics in the past as "left wing, quite liberal, & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40980334/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Liberals on here, get the mud--or is that poo? out of your eyes. The guy's a lefty nut job!

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Take Loughner out and fry him. Don't let some sleazy shyster lawyer get him off. The scumbag that defended the unabomber is defending him.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Take Loughner out and fry him. Don't let some sleazy shyster lawyer get him off. The scumbag that defended the unabomber is defending him.

Ummmm...like it or not, child killer or not, he is entitled to a defense.

But then, after that, he should fry.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ummmm...like it or not, child killer or not, he is entitled to a defense.

But then, after that, he should fry.

But not one that takes ten years. That is the pathetic waste of tax payer dollars on a loser that killed a little girl and a public official. We are neck deep in debt as it is.

Once the verdict is in--then fry him--not warehouse him for 15 years.

BabyChristian

Well I guess my opinion is skewed a bit because it would entail taking schizophrenics and forcing them to be on meds. It may be taking a person's rights away and not all SZ kill people but some of the things he said and how he acted were signs that he needed mental help.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I agree with you that he leans to the left based on his Hitler book and communist book, and that one of his fellow students called him a "lefty pothead"

However, what doesn't make sense is that he tried to kill a Democrat.

Even though she was a Blue Dog, she was still way more liberal than conservative.

So, it doesn't make sense that a "flaming lefty" would try to kill a Democrat; but at the same time I see the guy leaning way more left than right from what we know about him.

Maybe he was too stupid to tell the difference between conservatism and liberalism?

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One of the solutions to prevent more killings like this: Put the death penalty back in all the states and once a guilty verdict is reached in a case, carry out the punishment. Don't go housing the criminals for decades. That would shrink the size of our prisons and really put a damper on crime.

Nydhogg

Let me get this straight...
Would you abolish appeals, a fundamental guarantee of due process?

Geez. We've got the 14th amendment, y'know?

Granite

Hall of Fame
One of the solutions to prevent more killings like this: Put the death penalty back in all the states and once a guilty verdict is reached in a case, carry out the punishment. Don't go housing the criminals for decades. That would shrink the size of our prisons and really put a damper on crime.

You're assuming everyone convicted of a capital crime is guilty. I have no problem with an automatic appeal in these cases considering what's at stake.

Arthur Brain

Neither. That's the point, Knight. This isn't a black-white Manichean either-or. The guy's gleaned from both sides of the spectrum, doesn't seem to have understood much of what he's claimed to have read, and his political views are a barely-coherent hodge podge. He's a loon, he's not a "liberal" or "conservative." Labels like that are bogus anyway, and they're not applicable to this tragedy at all.

Absolutely. I find this whole attachment of supposedly political ideology behind such atrocities a sorry and shameful attempt at 'point scoring' which IMO is not only irrelevant but in extremely bad taste. The victims of these events died due to the actions of a lunatic, not a "conservative", not a "liberal", not a "pagan" or whatever else. Some people need to buy a flaming clue. 'Elevating' the actions of a madman to his supposed politics or religion in such a case does a complete disservice to the victims of such a tragedy. :plain:

Arthur Brain

It would also condemn a number of wrongfully convicted people to death under our current system so is that acceptable 'collateral damage'? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.