toldailytopic: Santorum shocks everyone and vaults to the front of the race. Thoughts

Christ's Word

Culture Warrior,

I agree, and the words you posted from the DOI, still give me chills every time a read them. Having said that, you need to be very careful about the timing of what you suggest. As long as the ability to amend the Constitution exists, it is our responsibility to work within the process. The long train of abuses is certainly present, but the Despotism is not Absolute. When despotism becomes absolute, I think I know a few veterans that will take care of business. We may be quickly headed that direction, but take heart we are not there and could possibly turn this thing around. Stay positive brother, there is always time for the alternative. Evil never wins in the long run, just ask Hitler.

eameece

Right. Because no matter what lip service the politician gives, the matter is out of his control or influence. He is just a puppet, and many people are starting to realize that (you excepted, of course). What matter is who controls the puppet.

What happens is people spend now two years debating which disingenuous moron will be elected to do absolutely nothing. Then when he doesn't do what they should have known he would never do, they just whine about it until the next election cycle.

Rinse repeat. Rinse repeat.
I disagree. Your hero GW Bush appointed two conservative idiots who will do your bidding when the issue comes up.

eameece

:thumb:

The gospel is the only cure.

What does the gospel say about abortion? Gay marriage? The right to bear arms? The right of business to have lower taxes and fewer regulations? The right of nations to invade other nations without cause? (IOW all the crazy things you are concerned about)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Culture Warrior,

I agree, and the words you posted from the DOI, still give me chills every time a read them. Having said that, you need to be very careful about the timing of what you suggest. As long as the ability to amend the Constitution exists, it is our responsibility to work within the process. The long train of abuses is certainly present, but the Despotism is not Absolute. When despotism becomes absolute, I think I know a few veterans that will take care of business. We may be quickly headed that direction, but take heart we are not there and could possibly turn this thing around. Stay positive brother, there is always time for the alternative. Evil never wins in the long run, just ask Hitler.

I wasn't suggesting a violent overthrow of our government CW, just that our frame of goverment isn't being used as it was intended for.

Evil may not win in the end, but with 38 years of abortion (and still going strong at 1.2 million a year) and things like homosexual marriage and the legalization of recreational drugs on the table in various states ("Gov. Chris Gregoire said Wednesday she wants Washington to become the seventh state in the nation to make gay marriage legal." http://mynorthwest.com/11/604220/Gov-Gregoire-to-support-gay-marriage-bill ) we're hardly headed in the direction of a nation that supports Godly behavior and laws.

rexlunae

toldailytopic: Santorum shocks everyone and vaults to the front of the race. Thoughts?

Déjà vu. This whole race so far has felt like one re-run of the same show after another. This won't last, probably, and if it does, he has no chance in the general election.

eameece

The Authoritarian Personality:

a. Conventionalism -- Rigid adherence to old-fashioned values
b. Authoritarian submission -- Tendency to seek idealized leaders to be followed without question
c. Authoritarian aggression -- Being on the lookout for, with the intent of punishing, violators of conventional values
d. Anti-intraception -- Superficiality of thought and ethical judgment
e. Stereotypes and Superstition -- Thinking in rigid categories; acceptance of pseudo-scientific determinants of human nature
f. Power and Toughness -- Exaggerated concern with outermost characteristics of behavior and uncritical reverence for institutional power
g. Destructiveness and cynicism -- General pessimism in human nature and expectation of apocalyptic events
h. Sex -- pathological concern with issues of sexuality and reproduction

Zeke

Right. Her inclusion on the ticket hurt McCain with a great many independents.

I have such fond memories of the keating five, and newts contract on america 1994 I thinks is the correct period, all the conservatives were all excited and then quess what? well you know I am sure.

The democrates have some heros as well that have helped us on this little march from freedom to facism, say it aint so counsellor!

Its weird people keep going back to the same two posioned wells filled from the same spring and expect a new outcome, good luck with that folks.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
The Authoritarian Personality:

a. Conventionalism -- Rigid adherence to old-fashioned values
b. Authoritarian submission -- Tendency to seek idealized leaders to be followed without question
c. Authoritarian aggression -- Being on the lookout for, with the intent of punishing, violators of conventional values
d. Anti-intraception -- Superficiality of thought and ethical judgment
e. Stereotypes and Superstition -- Thinking in rigid categories; acceptance of pseudo-scientific determinants of human nature
f. Power and Toughness -- Exaggerated concern with outermost characteristics of behavior and uncritical reverence for institutional power
g. Destructiveness and cynicism -- General pessimism in human nature and expectation of apocalyptic events
h. Sex -- pathological concern with issues of sexuality and reproduction
Thank you! You have described "progressives" (i.e., :Commie:s) to a T.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I say... bring it!

I'm sick of trying to make the left like us. This is war. We have a country to save. Who's with me????

Bring it on! I am also tired of the left and it's immoral and death agenda. We've had it long enough. Just look what it is doing to this country. We are up to our noses in debt and there isn't a respect for life in many medical institutions. It's time we turn this tide.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Seems like everyone's angry at the wrong people.

We deserve everything we get, and everything to come.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
elohiym said:
If no Christians had abortions in the U.S., the abortion rate would drop 85%.

Are you saying that most abortions are had by christian women? Most of the United States claims that it is christian. There is only a few that say they are atheists or muslims or jewish or bahai etc. These people call themselves christian because that is how they were raised. How many of these "christians" attend church or read the bible or ever even have a stray thought concerning God? I would say very few. I would say that the number of abortions on women who are more than nominal christians is not as high as 85%.