toldailytopic: Past or future? If you could time-travel, where would you travel to?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 24th, 2012 10:16 AM

toldailytopic: Past or future? If you could time-travel, where would you travel to?

delorean-time-machine-xl.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Last edited:

Junius Gallio

Oh, goodness. So many possibilities!

I don't know that I'd want to "travel" so much as send a video camera back. I'm not fond of camping, I don't speak any of the languages, and many of the situations I want to go back and see would be rather hazardous--things like the battles of Hastings and Bosworth Field.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
It would be hard to resist going into the future 60 years to see if mankind manages to develop some sort of pleasant life for all people or self destructs civilization.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It would be hard to resist going into the future 60 years to see if mankind manages to develop some sort of pleasant life for all people or self destructs civilization.
True, the future would be interesting but also completely unpredictable.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Firstly I would make sure I would have my camera and lots of memory cards for picture storage. I would make sure my time travel machine would protect me from the elements I would travel back into Bible times to witness the major events beginning with Creation when the Earth is new. Of course couldn't travel before that. I would like to see how it looked when God created the Heavens and the living things. I would like to see the Earth as it looked before the Flood and immediately after the flood. Basically I would like to go on a journey to record the Bible in photos.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I barely need to think about it. I'd go back to the past. I want to know how we got to where we are now. So much to see!!

But if I did the future I'd see when Jesus comes back and if my KC sports teams ever win a championship. :chuckle:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
True, the future would be interesting but also completely unpredictable.

If you could travel to the future, it would be completely predictable because everything is already hashed out. :chuckle:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Israel, in the weeks after Christ's resurrection. Imagine the elation of His followers as it begins to dawn on them that they have beaten death forever. It would be so great to see the Apostles, having received the Holy Spirit, starting the long mission to bring Him to the world.

Shasta

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 24th, 2012 10:16 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

There is no question about where I would set the dials of the time machine. I would set them to the time right when I was first getting to know my first wife. I would need others - maybe other future selves - to perform an joint intervention to help me discern the obvious.

noguru

The US anywhere from 1840 to 1960 so I could enjoy some of the best fishing for wild trout both on the west coast and east coast. But especially some cutthroats in the isolated drainage basins of northwest US. Modern day stocked trout just don't cut it for me. Because fishing pressure and acid rain has drastically reduced native trout populations throughout the US. If you ever saw and enjoyed "A River Runs Through It" you would understand what I am talking about.

bigbang123

I would like to travel to the future - to 11/7/2012 to confirm what I have been predicting all year regarding the election.

Ps82

I'm really missing the old folks back home. I don't think I would go any further back than my childhood. What a great time to be alive that was! I'm imagining that I would start life over while retaining some of my present wisdom so that my decisions might be different. I would like to love them all even more, ask them many questions, skip a few big mistakes, and begin worshiping Christ as my Lord much earlier and with more knowledge of the truth.

Buzzword

U.S.A., visiting every year from 1900 to 1980.

My time machine would render me invisible to the human eye and electronics.
I'd bring a video camera and go "behind the scenes," to have objective evidence that 'Merica has never been more moral or immoral than it is now.

I'd also get a lot of blackmail material on those in power, then come back to the present and take all their money in exchange for keeping their secrets.

Jason0047

Would love to see the Lord creating everything in six days, and then I would love to be with the disciples during the time when Jesus returned to them after His resurrection. I also would love to travel to the future and see Christ reigning on the throne as every knee shall confess that He is Lord, as well. There are of course many other Biblical events thru out all of time I would love to see, but these are my top three.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Firstly I would make sure I would have my camera and lots of memory cards for picture storage. I would make sure my time travel machine would protect me from the elements I would travel back into Bible times to witness the major events beginning with Creation when the Earth is new. Of course couldn't travel before that. I would like to see how it looked when God created the Heavens and the living things. I would like to see the Earth as it looked before the Flood and immediately after the flood. Basically I would like to go on a journey to record the Bible in photos.
Why not video?

Also make sure your machine is submersible, so you can record the flood.

If you could travel to the future, it would be completely predictable because everything is already hashed out. :chuckle:
:chuckle:

I'd like to just observe a lot of history, especially Biblical events.