toldailytopic: Killed drunk driving. How do you feel about people who kill themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils advocate

I don't know if my post went up because when I came back it had vanished but I will put it up again. I thought that we were talking about the drivers who kill themselves ,are we not?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How many times do you suppose each of these Jackasses have been warned, "You're going to get yourself killed," and scoffed? There's even a warning on their show about how others shouldn't behave like them. But what, the warning doesn't apply to them because they're "professionals"? All that means is that they get paid. And no matter how skilled a driver is, going 140 mph on a public road is extremely dangerous, reckless, and irresponsible even without factoring in that he was drunk. The amazing thing is that something like this didn't happen sooner.

Wisdom calls aloud outside;
She raises her voice in the open squares.
She cries out in the chief concourses,
At the openings of the gates in the city
She speaks her words:
“How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
For scorners delight in their scorning,
And fools hate knowledge.
Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.
Because I have called and you refused,
I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded,
Because you disdained all my counsel,
And would have none of my rebuke,
I also will laugh at your calamity;
I will mock when your terror comes,
Proverbs 1:20-26​

Ryan Dunn's death is an object lesson and I hope it will serve as a wakeup call to his fellow Jackasses. His calamity is yet another rebuke. Will they still have none of it?
:first: POTD

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
My wife's dad was killed by a drunk driver when my wife and her sisters were little. It was really hard on them all. A good friend of mine got killed by a drunk driver about 9 months ago. It doesnt even seem real when something so stupid happens to someone you care about. I'm for extremely severe punishment for drunk drivers who hurt anyone. Death is fine with me, I'll pull the switch myself if anyone else cant do it.
All that said, might be a bit shocking, but I think the arbitrary limits for alcohol level, and random roadside checks are stupid too.

BabyChristian

Roger Ebert has recently taken a lot of heat for posting the following tweet after Jackass star Ryan Dunn killed himself and a friend while drunk driving... "Friends don't let jackasses drink and drive."

Personally, I don't think that's an out-of-line comment. Drunk driving should be stigmatized as stupid and dangerous behavior.

What do you think?

How could anyone disagree?

I paid monthly, when I drank again (my relapse), and had a blow in the hose thingy in my car so that I wouldn't get behind a wheel when drinking. The car wouldn't start if I had a .08 or more. It wasn't court ordered, I didn't want to hurt anyone and I always thought I was not drunk even if I was. Most drunks don't know when they're drunk enough to be impaired.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As a parent, I feel sorry for the family of both the individuals killed. As far as the driver, I feel the same way I would about an individual who is playing around with their gun and accidentally shoots and kills someone ... IDIOT.

Had he lived, he should be sentenced to life in prison for unintentional manslaughter.

I hope his parents and friends, once they get past the initial grieving, will use this as an opportunity to remind other individuals that drinking and driving is a deadly combination.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wisdom calls aloud outside;
She raises her voice in the open squares.
She cries out in the chief concourses,
At the openings of the gates in the city
She speaks her words:
“How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
For scorners delight in their scorning,
And fools hate knowledge.
Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.
Because I have called and you refused,
I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded,
Because you disdained all my counsel,
And would have none of my rebuke,
I also will laugh at your calamity;
I will mock when your terror comes
, Proverbs 1:20-26​

Seems God is even meaner than me.

Knight appears to be left handed...

hmmm...

only 20% of the population is ..

means he uses the right side of his brain

while we righters use the left...

can't remember what all that means...

so...

anyhow...

bybee

Knight appears to be left handed...

hmmm...

only 20% of the population is ..

means he uses the right side of his brain

while we righters use the left...

can't remember what all that means...

so...

anyhow...

It means only left-handed people are in their right mind....

rexlunae

Roger Ebert has recently taken a lot of heat for posting the following tweet after Jackass star Ryan Dunn killed himself and a friend while drunk driving... "Friends don't let jackasses drink and drive."

Personally, I don't think that's an out-of-line comment. Drunk driving should be stigmatized as stupid and dangerous behavior.

What do you think?

I agree. He was drunk, and driving about 140 mph. Sure, no one wants to cause undue additional pain to the family, but he's a good cautionary tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.