toldailytopic: Is Obama really THAT bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
A good boss fired the last management team. If Obama can't do better than that pack of corrupt clowns, then he deserves to be fired.

drbrumley

The last actual good one was reagen, he went down the rat hole soon after he was shot. But who has actually been good? That's hard to answer. Taft?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, he's not. He's simply no better or worse than the other establishment drones who came before him. He's a mediocrity who hid behind rhetoric to get elected. That's all. Not the first case of a presidential Peter Principle.

Evidence for all those that are not sure that Granite is stupid.

WandererInFog

How is Obama destroying America in some unprecedented way? Nothing he's done is any worse than what came before, especially Bush.

I wouldn't say that he's so much done anything unprecedented as that he's continued, and even magnified, the policies of his predecessors at a time when they really needed to be stopped.

For example, 50 years from now, I believe it quite likely that looking back it will have been the first year year of the Obama administration where the national debt finally passed the the point of no return leading to the ultimate bankruptcy of the US federal government. He certainly didn't start this problem, it started under the combination of Reagan and the Democrat controlled congress in the 1980s, but in the first year he's been in office the national debt has jumped almost as much (both in real dollars and as % of the GDP) as it did during the entire decade of the 1980s. We're at point right now where the Congressional Budget Office is saying that our debt will actually exceed the nation's GDP in either 2011 or 2012.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't say that he's so much done anything unprecedented as that he's continued, and even magnified, the policies of his predecessors at a time when they really needed to be stopped.

For example, 50 years from now, I believe it quite likely that looking back it will have been the first year year of the Obama administration where the national debt finally passed the the point of no return leading to the ultimate bankruptcy of the US federal government. He certainly didn't start this problem, it started under the combination of Reagan and the Democrat controlled congress in the 1980s, but in the first year he's been in office the national debt has jumped almost as much (both in real dollars and as % of the GDP) as it did during the entire decade of the 1980s. We're at point right now where the Congressional Budget Office is saying that our debt will actually exceed the nation's GDP in either 2011 or 2012.

Good analysis, as I would expect from you. However, it goes back before Reagan. I believe we took a wrong turn as far back as the Marshall Plan; we should have not played so far out of our league. We should have been more responsible with our wealth. We relished in the fifties building bigger cars and taking an unrealistic view about our oil reserves. We should have invested in production more than services. We should have not been so willing to embrace consumption.

We suffered double-digit inflation in the 1970s, losing the value of the dollar; this along with loose government spending here and abroad was the beginning of what we have today. We played Rome after WWII and now, like Rome, are collapsing from the inside and this will continue until our investors abandon us.

Most Americans reject the remedy; return to the value of savings and give up those unnecessary conveniences we did not need not all that long ago. People are concerned in the present and negate the future, while they deny doing so.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Obama's style and skin color makes him easier to hate than most but the idea that he's somehow worse than what came before is a total joke. The hatred is just a backlash; a delayed reaction that's been winding up and looking for an outlet ever since Clinton left office.

bybee

I disagree

I disagree

Obama's style and skin color makes him easier to hate than most but the idea that he's somehow worse than what came before is a total joke. The hatred is just a backlash; a delayed reaction that's been winding up and looking for an outlet ever since Clinton left office.

You do many of us a disservice with those comments. I believe it is a backlash against the excoriating treatment which was dished out to President Bush by liberals during his term in office. President Obama was elected with a sizeable majority, that would include many people representing the other half of his color!
This country is in trouble. We either work together or we fall apart! peace, bybee

rab7106

No president elected since 1932 has ever fundamentally changed this country. That's not an accident.

As the OP points out, Obama HAS fundamentally changed this country. And he's not done yet.

He's an infected pimple on the buttocks of America.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You do many of us a disservice with those comments. I believe it is a backlash against the excoriating treatment which was dished out to President Bush by liberals during his term in office. President Obama was elected with a sizeable majority, that would include many people representing the other half of his color!
This country is in trouble. We either work together or we fall apart! peace, bybee

Well that could play a part in it, sure, but there's little doubt in my mind that plenty of Americans hate Obama for who and what he is, not what he's done (which is really next to nothing). And Bush II deserved a lot of the criticism that he got, just as Obama does...although in Obama's case I notice that very few people criticize him about anything substantial. Maybe that's just the state of affairs in our political milieu.

We're in trouble, all right, but I don't see us coming together as one any time soon.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The last actual good one was reagen, he went down the rat hole soon after he was shot. But who has actually been good? That's hard to answer. Taft?

Ehhh, I dunno...Reagan was attending the Bohemian Grove in the 1960's.

Coolidge, I'd say. Probably the last real good one.

Taft was Skull and Bones.

Alate_One

who protected your ungrateful, unpatriotic butt for 7 years after 9/11, Obama is an egomaniacal dictator.

So YOU personally have determined I'm "unpatriotic"? :kookoo:

Um, who presided over the worst terrorist attack in US history? Bush didn't protect those three thousand very well now did he?

Oops you kinda forgot about that didn't you?

Revise history much?

More Americans died under Bush (both military and non-military) in Bush's first years than have under Obama.

How is Obama a "dictator" when he was elected by more Americans in US history and hasn't finished his term (He's barely been in a year)? Do you even know what a "dictator" is?

If anyone's "unpatriotic" here its you for insulting the American system of government by calling a duly elected president "dictator" just because you disagree with him.

The rabid insanity of the right against Obama is really non-sensical, as horrible as Bush was, I wouldn't have called him a dictator or Hitler . . . .

Alate_One

The one big thing Obama has done so far is Health Care reform and I am frankly, HAPPY about that. It could have been better, but that piece of legislation is the only real change that's actually come from Obama.

The problem is everyone seems to forget we nearly went into great depression number 2. I don't think the bailouts were handled in the best manner, but I think something like that was necessary. Letting go of the economy and banking system in the middle of such a disaster would have sunk us even more than our current debt problem.

And our debt is 99% not Obama's fault. Bush added to it massively during a time of prosperity rather than a time of crisis. I don't understand how people are so blind to this fact.

I used to believe Republicans were actually FOR fiscal conservatism, until Bush showed me what complete liars they are. Looking back at the recent history of the US debt, Republicans increase debt, while democratic administrations seem to reduce it.

Trumpetfolker

There's not much left to destroy after the Reagan Republicans decided to make sure our living wage structure would be destroyed by illegal aliens and pushing jobs abroad.
Oppressing workers in their wages is one of the things which God judges.
Ma 4:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
Some of the ways God judges His people for breaking covenant are below.
De 28:25 The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
De 28:31 Thine ox shall be slain before thine eyes, and thou shalt not eat thereof: thine *** shall be violently taken away from before thy face, and shall not be restored to thee: thy sheep shall be given unto thine enemies, and thou shalt have none to rescue them.
De 28:48 Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.
De 28:53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:
De 28:55 So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.
De 28:68 And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.
When He has forgiven someone who does not pass the grace on, He turns that person over to torturers.
Mt 18:32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.