toldailytopic: Is Islam a peaceful religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I've read up on the history of Islam, and when compared to Christianity , it hasn't been as bad. They've actually lived there FOR CENTURIES.

Let's not even get started on the antisemetic Jewish scapegoat NT you like so much.

You need a history lesson.

You need an apple in your mouth, pig.:p

GoingGoldenWCU

Have you read a history of the pogroms in Poland?

Or any other country in Europe? Because every one of them had pogroms against or expelled Jews at one point or another. Germany was simply the most recent. And they have made some serious reparations and strides towards making their country one of the most tolerant.

GoingGoldenWCU

you need to fight today's war
and
forget about yesterday
and
you might need some help
so
better figure out who your friends are

If you forget about yesterday, you will continue to fight yesterday's war. And I think someone who lives in the midst of it would know better who their friends are.

chair

Somehow, since right now we are at war with part of the Muslim world, we are supposed to rewrite history and pretend that Islam was always violent, always our enemy. I really don't see why we should lie to ourselves about history.

Samstarrett

Somehow, since right now we are at war with part of the Muslim world, we are supposed to rewrite history and pretend that Islam was always violent, always our enemy. I really don't see why we should lie to ourselves about history.

Who is 'we'? I am a white European Christian; Islam has always been the enemy of my people. They're not too friendly to Jews either as I understand it, even less so than to Christians IIRC.

RakMaster

Once again

Once again

You guys are missing the point. EVERY RELIGION has had bad things done in its name. The question is NOT which religion has done more bad things than another. You all sound like ten year olds "you did it first" "no I didn't" "yes you did"...

The discussion should be which religion - at its heart - is the most peaceful.

Islam is a religion of war and death. Islam, at its core, is evil.

Christianity is a lifestyle of peace and love. The Christ is, at His core, righteousness.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know the Islamic definition of Allah:
But they (the Jews) were deceptive, and Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the best of deceivers (Wamakaroo wamakara Allahu waAllahu khayru al-makireena)! S. 3:54; cf. 8:30

Allah is the father of lies, the master of deception. Whereas:

"Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged." Hebrews 6:17-18

What more do you need to know?

graceandpeace

You guys are missing the point. EVERY RELIGION has had bad things done in its name. The question is NOT which religion has done more bad things than another. You all sound like ten year olds "you did it first" "no I didn't" "yes you did"...

Christianity is a lifestyle of peace and love. The Christ is, at His core, righteousness.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know the Islamic definition of Allah:
But they (the Jews) were deceptive, and Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the best of deceivers (Wamakaroo wamakara Allahu waAllahu khayru al-makireena)! S. 3:54; cf. 8:30

Allah is the father of lies, the master of deception. Whereas:

"Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged." Hebrews 6:17-18

What more do you need to know?

The bible makes it plain that a little leaven spoils the whole lump..so, it should be said that it does not matter if one is a jew; or a greek; or a islamic...all of them are spoiled, and equally..so.

Without Christ, it is impossible to please God.

chair

Christianity is a lifestyle of peace and love. The Christ is, at His core, righteousness...

"at its heart - is the most peaceful" didn't do the victims any good. They missed out on the "peace and love".

Todah

We are having a Jewish man who became a believer in Yeshua, coming to our Fellowship on Friday. He is the "pastor" of a Messianic Congregation in Israel. He will be speaking on what it is like, in general, to be a Messianic believer in Israel, and how they are treated by their fellow Jews.

During the Q and A time I will try to ask him about Islam, and his interaction with Muslims in "the land." ........Is Islam a peaceful religion?

chair

Who is 'we'? I am a white European Christian; Islam has always been the enemy of my people. They're not too friendly to Jews either as I understand it, even less so than to Christians IIRC.

Well, let's just say that for many centuries, white European Christians were not exactly friendly towards the Jews.

I am completely aware that Islam today is a threat.

bybee

Well, let's just say that for many centuries, white European Christians were not exactly friendly towards the Jews.

Sufficient unto the day are the troubles therein.
It is today with which we must deal.

chair

We are having a Jewish man who became a believer in Yeshua, coming to our Fellowship on Friday. He is the "pastor" of a Messianic Congregation in Israel. He will be speaking on what it is like, in general, to be a Messianic believer in Israel, and how they are treated by their fellow Jews.

During the Q and A time I will try to ask him about Islam, and his interaction with Muslims in "the land." ........Is Islam a peaceful religion?

I would imagine that on the rare occasions when people realize what he is, he could run into some very negative reactions. "Messianic Judaism" is a form of Christianity, one that tries to convert Jews. For some odd reason there are Jews get uptight about people trying to convert them.

From my experience, most interactions with Muslims 'in the Land' are just normal day to day things. Like the carpenter, or the guy at the garage, or the lady in the supermarket...

genuineoriginal

I would imagine that on the rare occasions when people realize what he is, he could run into some very negative reactions. "Messianic Judaism" is a form of Christianity, one that tries to convert Jews. For some odd reason there are Jews get uptight about people trying to convert them.
Christianity started as a form of Judaism. Messianic Judaism is an attempt to return to the beliefs of the original Christians. Some Jews don't like that because of all the hard work done by Christians and Jews to convince everyone that they were two non-compatible faiths.
From my experience, most interactions with Muslims 'in the Land' are just normal day to day things. Like the carpenter, or the guy at the garage, or the lady in the supermarket...
...or the suicide bomber on the bus...

chair

Christianity started as a form of Judaism. Messianic Judaism is an attempt to return to the beliefs of the original Christians. Some Jews don't like that because of all the hard work done by Christians and Jews to convince everyone that they were two non-compatible faiths.

...or the suicide bomber on the bus...

Some Jews don't like it when people try to convert their brothers to another religion, no matter what they call it.

...I've 'met' the bomber too, and lived to tell the tale. But that is not what most interactions with Muslims are like. Most Muslims here just have more or less normal lives like anybody else.

genuineoriginal

Some Jews don't like it when people try to convert their brothers to another religion, no matter what they call it.
From your posts, I got the impression that you have no problem with people trying to convert Jews to Atheism.:chuckle:

Most of the Messianic Jewish believers I know are very respectful of the beliefs of their Jewish acquaintances, and spend more time discussing the Tanach than discussing the B'rit Hadashah. The Messianic Jewish believers want Jews to recognize their Messiah has come as the suffering servant (Moshiach ben Yosef) so they will be ready when He comes as the ruling king (Moshiach ben David). On the other hand, Jews for Jesus is an organization dedicated to converting Jews into Protestantism.

GoingGoldenWCU

Its not Islam that is the threat. It is the overly zealous individuals. I think that distinction is important.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Its not Islam that is the threat. It is the overly zealous individuals. I think that distinction is important.

The original ideology properly understood is a threat. The killing of Christians/Jews is part of the Koran/Muhammad's mandate, not something extremists are dreaming up or twisting. There is too much ignorance of the Koran/Muhammad, even among moderate Muslims. Islam needs reforming. I commend those who see this, but that does not change the roots/foundations of the religion (that are bad/evil/demonic).

Status
Not open for further replies.