toldailytopic: Is Islam a peaceful religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chair

I have no respect for a Jew who can't tell the difference between their friends and their enemies

I am having a hard time finding respect for you.

I do not deny for a moment that Islam is a threat to me. I imagine it is much more of a physical threat to me personally than it is to you. (When's the last time some Shiite fanatic lobbed a missile at your house? When's the last time you were next to a bus when a suicide bomber blew it up?).

Christianity today is not a threat to me. Historically is was. And not just in Germany, like some here pretend. Jews in Turkey, Egypt and Morocco were much safer than those in much Christian Europe, for many centuries. My Uncle and Aunt remembered pogroms in Belarus.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I am having a hard time finding respect for you.

I do not deny for a moment that Islam is a threat to me. I imagine it is much more of a physical threat to me personally than it is to you. (When's the last time some Shiite fanatic lobbed a missile at your house? When's the last time you were next to a bus when a suicide bomber blew it up?).

Christianity today is not a threat to me. Historically is was. And not just in Germany, like some here pretend. Jews in Turkey, Egypt and Morocco were much safer than those in much Christian Europe, for many centuries. My Uncle and Aunt remembered pogroms in Belarus.

you need to fight today's war
and
forget about yesterday
and
you might need some help
so
better figure out who your friends are

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Conversely, it needs saying, that in the Middle East, America needs to remember who it's friend is.

the republicans do a good job of that
and
yet the majority of the Jews continue to vote democratic

how do you explain that?

graceandpeace

Concerning the OP..it depends on which type of 'peace' you are speaking of...physical, or spiritual. Only in Jesus can anyone receive true peace. The peace this world offers is going to go down to destruction; because it is no peace at all, in the big scheme of things.

They say 'peace and safety', then sudden destruction will come..sounds like a false type of peace, to me. Jesus was right....the world seeketh after that which is in vain.

chair

you need to fight today's war
and
forget about yesterday
and
you might need some help
so
better figure out who your friends are

I am fully aware of our situation today, but it is just a tad difficult to forget about yesterday. And it is important to realize that Islam hasn't always been like this.

Todah

I am fully aware of our situation today, but it is just a tad difficult to forget about yesterday. And it is important to realize that Islam hasn't always been like this.

Again, great Post. In the past Christians persecuted Jews, in the name of Christ, under the sign of the cross. Islam expanded through conquest of the Jews and Christians, under the sign of the sword, and crescent moon, in its infancy, and ruled over almost all of the "civilized" east and western world at one point in time.

It is important to realize that Islam is like "this" once again!
It is on the ascendancy, and killing Christians en mass and expelling Jews en mass and are procliaming the destruction of the nation-state of Israel, in nearly a unanimous voice.

The current demographics do not lie. Israel and North America are the safest havens and population centers for the world's Jews. A hundred years ago there were many Jews in Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, etc. Today, as you point out, there are practically none, because of "this" change in Islam.

As Europe is becoming increasingly more secular, and Muslim, antisemitism is once again on the rise.

The common thread throughout history, that I see, is this biblical truth. "I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you". The nations and empires that allowed Jews to live in relative peace during the Diaspora, were blessed and became wealthy and powerful, through those blessings. When they began to curse their Jewish population, they descended from wealth and power.

The Roman Empire, the Islamic empire, Spain, Britain, Germany, Russia.
What will become of the United States and Canada, as we are beginning to turn our back on Israel

I sincerely hope and pray that we never do. Our blessings come from God through the children of Abraham. Peace, if you can obtain it, and hold onto it, is one of His greatest blessings.

graceandpeace

Again, great Post. In the past Christians persecuted Jews, in the name of Christ, under the sign of the cross. Islam expanded through conquest of the Jews and Christians, under the sign of the sword, and crescent moon, in its infancy, and ruled over almost all of the "civilized" east and western world at one point in time.

It is important to realize that Islam is like "this" once again!
It is on the ascendancy, and killing Christians en mass and expelling Jews en mass and are procliaming the destruction of the nation-state of Israel, in nearly a unanimous voice.

The current demographics do not lie. Israel and North America are the safest havens and population centers for the world's Jews. A hundred years ago there were many Jews in Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, etc. Today, as you point out, there are practically none, because of "this" change in Islam.

As Europe is becoming increasingly more secular, and Muslim, antisemitism is once again on the rise.

The common thread throughout history, that I see, is this biblical truth. "I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you". The nations and empires that allowed Jews to live in relative peace during the Diaspora, were blessed and became wealthy and powerful, through those blessings. When they began to curse their Jewish population, they descended from wealth and power.

The Roman Empire, the Islamic empire, Spain, Britain, Germany, Russia.
What will become of the United States and Canada, as we are beginning to turn our back on Israel

I sincerely hope and pray that we never do. Our blessings come from God through the children of Abraham. Peace, if you can obtain it, and hold onto it, is one of His greatest blessings.

No one is a son of Abraham, by flesh alone. Until you learn the truth of this, you will go on upholding one fleshly antichrist nation above another. God is not pleased with this type of thing. He wants mankind to find the ONLY peace that will amount to anything..and, stop pretending that the flesh is something He respects...He never was a respector of persons...false teachings have made Him out to be.

No Sheep Here

the history of Islam
I've read up on the history of Islam, and when compared to Christianity , it hasn't been as bad. Islam today is different than past Islam. What you aren't getting is that Islam and Christianity has traded places big time. I don't remember reading about Muslims on the Crusade sitting outside the gates participating in canabolism like those evil Catholics did. I don't remember Muslims blaming Jews for the Black plague and burning alive about 900 of them. I don't remember Muslims returning to Jerusalem, closing the temple doors and beheading the Jews who didn't accept. But I do remember reading the Jews lived peacefully under Muslim rule of Europe. They even referred to it as the Golden Age of Judaism. I remember the Jews and Muslims being kicked out of Europe and Muslims taking in Jews. Iran and Yemen have a good size Jewish populations, and I don't hear them crying over there. They've actually lived there FOR CENTURIES.

Let's not even get started on the antisemetic Jewish scapegoat NT you like so much.

You need a history lesson.

Last edited:

Krsto

You're an one line idiot. You are a waste over keystrokes. I'm done with you and your one line tardation.

You've got to realize Chrys is a Republican first, a Catholic second, a very nice guy overall, but yeah, doesn't engage in too much debate.

RakMaster

Religions are of men, and men are corrupt. All religions have done evil in the name of God. Pointing fingers at Catholicism is a red herring. There is no such thing as a "religion" of peace, as these posts so clearly point out. Jews fighting against Christians, fighting against Muslims. All of you are trying to point out the supremacy of your own doctrines and are failing to realize that you don't matter. Only God matters.

Here's what God says about the Jews:
Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will set my face against you for evil, and to cut off all Judah.(Jeremiah 44:11) Moses warned the Israelites not to follow false gods. They failed, and received the promise of God that He would cut them off.

This is what God has to say about Islam:
As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. (Galatians 1:9) Because of this Muslims have taught that Jesus didn't start Christianity, Paul did. This, of course, must follow because it is Paul that reminds us that doctrines that go against the apostolic creed are anathema and Islam is 100% anti-Christ, in the Christian sense.

This is what God revealed about Catholicism:
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelation 22:18-19 The Roman Catholic Church has declared itself to the interpreter of God's word so much that it has managed to add to and take away from the scriptures with abandon.

Is Islam a "religion of peace?" Only when it suits the advancement of Islam. Ask the Goths and Visigoths about the peace of Islam. Ask the Jews on the Iberian peninsula about the Jizya and dhiminitude. Ask the Imams about the doctrine of abrogation. Understand that the Qu'ran is nothing without the Hadith. Islam is the source of the slave trade in the Atlantic. Islam is the reason why the Crusades happened in the first place. Islam is one of many reasons why millions upon millions of people have died and suffered slavery around the entire world since Mohammed decided to slaughter the Quraysh.

Islam is an abomination. Catholicism is an abomination. Judaism has made itself an abomination. These are the abominations that will cause desolation. They are ALL evil because they come from men.

There is no such thing as a religion of peace. There is only a Prince of Peace; Jesus, the Christ.

8“But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one Master and you are all brothers. 9And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10Nor are you to be called ‘teacher,’ for you have one Teacher, the Messiah. 11The greatest among you will be your servant. 12For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble them- selves will be exalted. Matthew 23:8-12

Read the seven woes that follow this passage and then try to tell me that any religion is peaceful.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
(Matthew 6:33)

chair

the history of Islam

Ah. Yes, Islam has been violent at certain times in the past. As it is today. That does not change the fact that Jews had much better lives in Muslim countries from Iran to Morocco than they did in most of Christian Europe. This is plain history- which perhaps you should learn about.

graceandpeace

Religions are of men, and men are corrupt. All religions have done evil in the name of God. Pointing fingers at Catholicism is a red herring. There is no such thing as a "religion" of peace, as these posts so clearly point out. Jews fighting against Christians, fighting against Muslims. All of you are trying to point out the supremacy of your own doctrines and are failing to realize that you don't matter. Only God matters.

Here's what God says about the Jews:
Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will set my face against you for evil, and to cut off all Judah.(Jeremiah 44:11) Moses warned the Israelites not to follow false gods. They failed, and received the promise of God that He would cut them off.

This is what God has to say about Islam:
As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. (Galatians 1:9) Because of this Muslims have taught that Jesus didn't start Christianity, Paul did. This, of course, must follow because it is Paul that reminds us that doctrines that go against the apostolic creed are anathema and Islam is 100% anti-Christ, in the Christian sense.

This is what God revealed about Catholicism:
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelation 22:18-19 The Roman Catholic Church has declared itself to the interpreter of God's word so much that it has managed to add to and take away from the scriptures with abandon.

Is Islam a "religion of peace?" Only when it suits the advancement of Islam. Ask the Goths and Visigoths about the peace of Islam. Ask the Jews on the Iberian peninsula about the Jizya and dhiminitude. Ask the Imams about the doctrine of abrogation. Understand that the Qu'ran is nothing without the Hadith. Islam is the source of the slave trade in the Atlantic. Islam is the reason why the Crusades happened in the first place. Islam is one of many reasons why millions upon millions of people have died and suffered slavery around the entire world since Mohammed decided to slaughter the Quraysh.

Islam is an abomination. Catholicism is an abomination. Judaism has made itself an abomination. These are the abominations that will cause desolation. They are ALL evil because they come from men.

There is no such thing as a religion of peace. There is only a Prince of Peace; Jesus, the Christ.

8“But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one Master and you are all brothers. 9And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10Nor are you to be called ‘teacher,’ for you have one Teacher, the Messiah. 11The greatest among you will be your servant. 12For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble them- selves will be exalted. Matthew 23:8-12

Read the seven woes that follow this passage and then try to tell me that any religion is peaceful.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
(Matthew 6:33)

:idea:APPLAUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.