toldailytopic: If you voted for Obama, do you regret it?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
but you still want credit for being against abortion
Credit from whom?

good for you
As smugly self satisfied as most of your inquiry and remarks aimed at me for who knows how long now... I'm concerned with one thing and that one thing is advanced by reasoned, continuous illustration and argument. I'll do it with or without your agreement, support, or understanding.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That Michelle Obama is pro-abortion is no surprise. The parameter by which she decides this issue is a woman's personal freedom and right to decide what affects her body and life.
This parameter by itself doesn't take into account the life of an innocent child. And that is what must change.

Agreed - it's no surprise at all. It's just the reference she made to the Supreme Court justices which harks back to part of the ongoing conversation about judicial appointees and their impact.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
how are you doing that?
By meeting people in the public square and taking on the margins with rational discourse aimed at eliminating a comfortable ambiguity or the sort of "Not personally, but..." mantra. That's how the abolition movement gained steam. It's how the woman's suffrage movement began and gained momentum.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Agreed - it's no surprise at all. It's just the reference she made to the Supreme Court justices which harks back to part of the ongoing conversation about judicial appointees and their impact.
I think it speaks to political rhetoric aimed at people who don't understand how the Court actually works. It's a great rallying cry for people concerned with the idea, but without an in depth understanding of the mechanics of the judicial process.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I think it speaks to political rhetoric aimed at people who don't understand how the Court actually works. It's a great rallying cry for people concerned with the idea, but without an in depth understanding of the mechanics of the judicial process.

it's too bad we all can't be lawyers

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Or physicians. Then we could heal ourselves. :plain:

But that's you all over. Answered on point you fall back on the familiar inferential sneer.

Good luck with that. :e4e:

so you don't regret voting for Obama
and
you don't see any republicans that would get your vote

is that correct?

Real Sorceror

I voted for him, and probably will again, just because the alternative is unthinkable. Pretty much the only purpose he seems to be serving right now is keeping the Republicans from getting total control... and I think the republicans still have a worse track record, no matter what you've been told. Obama's greatest fault has been compromising with them, and the financial problems we're seeing have more to do with him continuing previous policies than introducing new ones. In short, not much change.

^ This.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
we are not asking you to give your vote to anyone

we just want to know who you could or might vote for
We? A bit grand, don't you think? :D

That answer covers it. I don't see myself voting for anyone yet. Someone is going to have to make the case.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
We? A bit grand, don't you think? :D

That answer covers it. I don't see myself voting for anyone yet. Someone is going to have to make the case.

well since you did vote for Obama most of us are really interested in what might make you vote for him again

you have our attention

bigbang123

Here's something interesting: in my quick google search, I came across this scan of a fund-raising letter from Michelle Obama, in which she says:
"Who can we count on to keep the Bush/Ashcroft team from appointing the Supreme Court justice that will vote against Roe v. Wade?"
That Michelle Obama is pro-abortion is no surprise. The parameter by which she decides this issue is a woman's personal freedom and right to decide what affects her body and life.
This parameter by itself doesn't take into account the life of an innocent child. And that is what must change.
Some Christians believe a pre-born fetus is the same as a full-term human being. The bible god, however, does not. In Exodus 21:22-25 we read that if a man accidentally kills a pregnant woman, that man should be condemned for committing murder. However, if he only kills the fetus - that is, if she miscarries - he is not condemned for murder. Clearly, then, the bible god does not consider the pre-born fetus as being the same as a human being.

---
Jesus railed primarily against two things:

1) “the rich,”

and,

2) overly pious, legalistic, self-righteous religious “hypocrites.”

That sounds more like the GOP base to me.
Exodus 21:22-25
New International Version (NIV)

22 “If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely[a] but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. 23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

Footnotes:
a.Exodus 21:22 Or she has a miscarriage