toldailytopic: If you could live in any time in history, when would you like to live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepskyy

First few centuries CE. A monk in a monestary, spending my days surrounded by books, scrolls, and manuscripts. Making ale, reading and writing about religion. My idea of paradise.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Vegas Cowboy said:

I don't know. The 1920's was really good. The 30's-40's were really bad as Obama...I mean FDR was trying to socialize America, and he introduced his Pyramid scheme known as FICA.

Maybe 1250 in England.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1970's or 1980's. I preferred the television programs, movies, music, hairstyles and clothes.

Ashy But Classy

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 16th, 2010 11:48 AM

toldailytopic: If you could live in any time in history, when would you like to live?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
Between 1833 - 1899 just so I could hear Robert Ingersoll lecture in person, and shake hands with Ab Lincoln and Fredrick Douglas.

Beatrice

First few centuries CE. A monk in a monestary, spending my days surrounded by books, scrolls, and manuscripts. Making ale, reading and writing about religion. My idea of paradise.

I agree. Or at least I would agree if I were a man. If the question doesn't allow a gender change then working in some fashion in the oracle business in ancient greece. Sit around in floaty robes, getting high, uttering divine revelations.

ragTagblues

Hmmm the 1930's in America is tempting . . . only to rub elbows with Robert Johnson.

I would also love to go back to when we settled Australia and America, to see what those vast lands were like with only it's natives there would be immense.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I would like to visit Constantinople at the end of the 4th century just to hear one of John Chrysostom's sermons

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The 1830-1930 would be interesting.

Present day is okay.

However the future holds the blessed hope in the hereafter.​

Tico

I would like to visit Constantinople at the end of the 4th century just to hear one of John Chrysostom's sermons

To spare you the expense of time travel, here are just a couple of quotes from his homilies given at that time:

"I hate the Jews."

"Does not greater harm come from this place since the Jews themselves are demons?"

Krsto

Some of the ancient civilizations - just to see if the historians are even close.

Following Martin Luther around would be interesting. Marco Polo, Winston Churchill, Muhammed, Moses, the Apostles, and of course Jesus too.

Status
Not open for further replies.