toldailytopic: How should the USA respond to the attacks on it's Embassies and Consul

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
If you knew the details of some of deals out country has struck with yours, especially in the realms of legal equality and extradition you would be amazed.

I'm not saying Americas evil, I am juts saying your country has borders, when you cross those borders you need to realises your playing by everyone else's rules not your own.

Too many treatises recently seem to give the US disproportionate rights over other countries sovereignty than is returned.

Generally us Brits like and get on with Americans we have shared history and many shared values, however we need to ditch our image as the little kid hanging round with the big bully, which how a lot of us Brits feel our UK foreign policy. Er are not the 51st state of america we are our own Country and need a re more independent identity.

:plain: Here's the rub though...will you be charting your "independent identity" on what you really think is right (I might remind you that you guys were practicing Real Politik when Real Politik wasn't cool...and you still show quite a bit of skill at it.) or because is not what the Americans want. We do share quite a few common core values as you know.

:think: That having been said...I have to admit I'm kind of disappointed in you guys over Julian Assange. I was hoping for better..but I expected what is.

(He says fully aware that he is giving further credence to Manc's point) :juggle:

If your average Brit feel like this over legal treaties and we are your closest ally, who do you think the people of iraq, Afghanistan or Libya feel when you talk of trying people in there country ?

You know...I really have a hard time with this here. It's like they expect us to bleed for them, for free, and yet expect that we will do so gratefully and with no expectation of retribution from those who mean both them and us harm. That we keep throwing the bodies of our soldiers and aid workers into their furnace and when we expect to bring a fire extinguisher to the party they cry foul.

The way I see it if they have a problem with us expecting to pursue those who target our personnel then don't invite us to your stupid party. Hang out with that pack of losers at the U.N. and we'll go home :idunno:

PureX

The fallout from the hatred being expressed by "everyday man in the street" Muslims in the Middle East against Americans and America is that we just keep on giving them billions of dollars in aid and leave our Marines guarding our most dangerous embassies with no bullets in their guns!
What is sad is that religion can inspire this kind of lust for violence against other people. The "Christians" on this thread are no different from the "Muslims" doing the violence in the middle east. They all hate in the name of God. They all want to kill and to see people killed in the name of God. It's disgusting.

Clearly, religion has done nothing to elevate these people above the mindless bloodlust of stupid animals.

And you're right about the money and the foolishness of having unguarded 'embassies' in places where people are drunk on the violence of religion and politics. But we want their oil. And we want to control the world, on behalf of our corporate overlords. We are a banana republic, after all. And that's how banana republics do things. So why would our corporate overlords care about how much of our money they spend trying to bribe cooperation from foreign governments? Why would they care about how many of our lives are lost trying to get them what they want? After all, we only exist to be exploited by our corporate masters, like the stupid animals that we keep proving ourselves to be.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
What is sad is that religion can inspire this kind of lust for violence against other people. The "Christians" on this thread are no different from the "Muslims" doing the violence in the middle east. They all hate in the name of God. They all want to kill and to see people killed in the name of God. It's disgusting.

Clearly, religion has done nothing to elevate these people above the mindless bloodlust of stupid animals.

And you're right about the money and the foolishness of having unguarded 'embassies' in places where people are drunk on the violence of religion and politics. But we want their oil. And we want to control the world, on behalf of our corporate overlords. We are a banana republic, after all. And that's how banana republics do things. So why would our corporate overlords care about how much of our money they spend trying to bribe cooperation from foreign governments? Why would they care about how many of our lives are lost trying to get them what they want? After all, we only exist to be exploited by our corporate masters, like the stupid animals that we keep proving ourselves to be.

Thank you for that stunning display of self-flagellation. :plain:

Daedalean's_Sun

You know the liberal solution is always a touchy feely one A4T, did you expect DS to say No Quarter! certainly not! these are decent, reasonable folks we are dealing with after all they will understand our need for justice in this matter and hand these lawbreakers over to the proper authorities.

Conducting an investigation is "touchy feely"? Who do you expect us to give "No quarter" to? When don't even know who did the attack. Unfortunately your Hollywood notion of justice gets lots of innocent people killed.

bybee

Apparently, our "Overlords" aren't doing so well These barbaric displays of murder, arson, mayhem and hatred must be bad for business?
I am not a stupid animal. You may call yourself whatever you wish.

Daedalean's_Sun

I don't think people realize how much American police work actually goes on in the Middle-East and south Asia. Has anybody seen the movie "The Kingdom"? Whenever there is an attack on an American embassy there is always an investigation.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Where do you see "self-flagellation" in that post?

But we want their oil. And we want to control the world, on behalf of our corporate overlords. We are a banana republic, after all. And that's how banana republics do things. So why would our corporate overlords care about how much of our money they spend trying to bribe cooperation from foreign governments? Why would they care about how many of our lives are lost trying to get them what they want? After all, we only exist to be exploited by our corporate masters, like the stupid animals that we keep proving ourselves to be.

You are not one of "we"?

:plain:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Conducting an investigation is "touchy feely"? Who do you expect us to give "No quarter" to? When don't even know who did the attack. Unfortunately your Hollywood notion of justice gets lots of innocent people killed.

The notion of conducting a 1st world investigation in a 3rd world country and obtaining justice is laughable at best. My hollywood notion is much more plausable than your fantasy that any sort of real justice will be served to these savages. They are 9th century barbaric people after all and deserve to be treated as such, if America was to meet their savagery with savagery maybe they would have respect for the U.S. but, instead we meet their savagery by a touchy feely idea that we can win the hearts and minds...never gonna happen. They understand the power of those who rule them and the pain that their rulers inflict gets their respect, sadly. This is the world they live in and Americans are getting schooled in that just as the Russians did. We should cut them off to all aid, food, and assistance forthwith, close our embassies and allow them to sort out who their next petty dictator will be, I am sure starvation will bring them to their senses quicker than bombs. You see these people as members of the family of man and I see them as savages who want nothing to do with being part of that. The difference in opinions, yours and mine brings us to an impasse on how we see these people so I will say we agree to disagree on how this situation should be handled.

HisServant

Pull all our people out of those countries... issue a warning that we will not help any American citizens that enter those countries after a specified date and stop all financial and humanitarian aide to said countries.

Also, petition the UN for tougher sanctions until we receive an apology, financial remuneration for the deaths and damage to our embassies and we are guaranteed protection by the host nation if we ever return.

woopah

I'm not sure about this but I believe it is the duty of the home nation to protect foreign embassies. America should demand immediate measure by these countries governments to offer better protection. If this is not done the embassies should be closed4

I approved of the action the British government took when our embassy in Iran was stormed and I think America should act in the same way. Let the world know that America will not stand for this kind of behaviour.

The difficult part of the investigations will be determining between those who were simply protesting and those who were causing harm and damage

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The fallout from the hatred being expressed by "everyday man in the street" Muslims in the Middle East against Americans and America is that we just keep on giving them billions of dollars in aid and leave our Marines guarding our most dangerous embassies with no bullets in their guns!

We should remove our people and our $ and let them blow their own places up if thats what they want.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Right, us talking about it all and them killing people is exactly the same.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I agree that you and several liberal friends should get on the next plane you can and go talk to them, that should fix everything.

Exactly...being that all the actions we have taken thusfar (talking, sending aid, etc.) have served us so well. Surely they will be our friends if we keep being nice...:doh:

PureX

Apparently, our "Overlords" aren't doing so well These barbaric displays of murder, arson, mayhem and hatred must be bad for business?
I am not a stupid animal. You may call yourself whatever you wish.
You are not seeking death and mayhem in the name of your God. Clearly, you have risen above your animal nature in that regard.

Bad for business? Not necessarily. There's good money to be made in selling guns and bombs to people who want to kill each other. That profit motive has started many a war throughout history. And it's not going to be the profiteers who send their sons off to die. War, strife, destruction and murder are often quite good for business. They free up land, and possessions, and resources for plunder. And then there's the whole reconstruction boom.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Send in the troops to protect diplomats as we withdraw from Mid-east countries. Stop all aide to those countries. Then instead of questioning, back Israel to the hilt.