toldailytopic: Gun control. Should there be any limit to the type of gun or weapon th

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kinda the same problem as most of the interpretations of Marxism I've read.

When human beings stop being human beings, Marxism will work just swell.

Looking forward to that day. We can all sit around and enjoy a big, steaming mug of boring.

Nydhogg

Well I concede calling them pigs is perhaps sorta unwarranted.
I'll stop referring to them as pigs and pick up the more descriptive Jack-Booted Thug instead.

As an anarchist, I refuse to give the badge and the "lawful authority" shtick they have any credence. The State is just a massive extortion racket with surprisingly good publicity.

If you refuse to consider their authority as legitimate they are just a band of thugs, robbers and kidnappers.

You've read Tucker? Rothbard?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
My husband was accidentally shot, and I was nearly a young widow, because of some idiot, who bought a gun on the streets, and knew nothing about gun safety. Limiting the amount of guns one can own solves nothing, as it only takes one, to injure or kill. People should be required to take a more thorough background check and an exam for a license to own a gun, just as a license to drive. If I were confronted face-to-face with an intruder in my home, I still could not pull a trigger...but that's just me! I don't have answers, but I know better gun control is needed.
:wazzup:
You are revealing highly personal aspects of your life here! For being so new, you do not seem so shy about sharing your pain. Do you like us? TOL is not for everyone, yet you seem to voice your opinion loud and clear.

Just to show, in ways, I agree with you, however, from a different angle, I had an FFL, CCL and the right to carry a weapon as an officer of the state of Texas. Not a police officer, something that is a bit beyond that and I doubt I have mentioned it once on TOL before. Many responsible gun owners today have exactly what you are saying they should have, a permit.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Well I concede calling them pigs is perhaps sorta unwarranted.
I'll stop referring to them as pigs and pick up the more descriptive Jack-Booted Thug instead.

As an anarchist, I refuse to give the badge and the "lawful authority" shtick they have any credence. The State is just a massive extortion racket with surprisingly good publicity.

If you refuse to consider their authority as legitimate they are just a band of thugs, robbers and kidnappers.

You've read Tucker? Rothbard?
Murray Newton Rothbard, the economist? You think you are like him, you are sadly mistaken, he is someone I could have discourse, you are not.

The more you post, the more I believe I am correct, you are a crazy little cookout brain of the bovine kind. Not worth the spoon to dish it out. Later, way later!
bye.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy, no more, no less.

I can work with the enemy of my enemy, but I have no allegiance towards them.

Not even I could create a more confusing sentence, and that is saying something. :D

Can't say I'm sad that N :banned: y :banned: d :banned: h :banned: o :banned: g :banned: g and won't get to delight us all anymore with his loving comments.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Not even I could create a more confusing sentence, and that is saying something. :D

Can't say I'm sad that N :banned: y :banned: d :banned: h :banned: o :banned: g :banned: g and won't get to delight us all anymore with his loving comments.

Ah, he's just a young mixed up kid!

He will learn as time goes by.

Wunderhund

I'm torn with this one. I am a member of the NRA and a firm believer that citizens of the United States should be allowed to own a vast assortment of weapons.

As a police officer I am somewhat reluctant to say "Heck yeah, let anyone own any type of weapon they want." When I am on duty I have my standard duty weapon (Glock 22 .40 cal) an AR15 and a Remington 870 pump action shotgun. Now to some this may seem like a pretty good arsenal, but compared to what the some of the "bad guys" possess, I am outgunned.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I'm torn with this one. I am a member of the NRA and a firm believer that citizens of the United States should be allowed to own a vast assortment of weapons.

As a police officer I am somewhat reluctant to say "Heck yeah, let anyone own any type of weapon they want." When I am on duty I have my standard duty weapon (Glock 22 .40 cal) an AR15 and a Remington 870 pump action shotgun. Now to some this may seem like a pretty good arsenal, but compared to what the some of the "bad guys" possess, I am outgunned.

The good part is "some" of the bad guys but not all!

The weapons, ammo and equipment issued for law enforcement is only a small part of an officers arsenal and hopefully one that is a last resort for defense.

I know at times it is difficult to remember, especially when faced with an armed perp, but most of our citizens are law abiding and decent.

Nydhogg

It's a quote from Schlock Mercenary, an amazing webcomic.
It generates lots of cynical quotes, like: "A little trust goes a long way. The less trust, the longer the way" or "Close air support covereth a multitude of sins".

I read it religiously. It's funny, cynical, hard-ish scifi, and VERY libertarian. The writer has nice details like writing about blackmail and extortion on Tax Day, and being HIGHLY caustic about all kinds of authorities (bureaucrats, cops, politicians and military brass especially).

Just trying to be sorta nicer: I was out of line before. I still think the State is just a glorified extortion racket, and that those who help the State enforce its rule are complicit, but I was overly rude and offensive before.

Status
Not open for further replies.