toldailytopic: Ethnic Food. Which countries cuisine reigns supreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsweet

I have. Been there, eaten that.

Oh come on, I used it as an analogy. Boston is not Fasano. And the Grill is pretty close. And if you ever go by Brescia, let me know. I appreciate the offer though.

My apologies for assuming. I've yet to make my way to Italy, though I've taken a handful of individuals from there (including my grandmother) to my choice restaurants in the Boston area. They've been pretty impressed...

greatdivide46

Having lived in Korea and Turkey I prefer Korean cuisine followed by Turkish. Hard to get either here, though, so I usually go with that old standby, Chinese.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Grilling it? Is only marginally better than albacore out of a can (though I get really good albacore from cans).

Grilled fish is really good. Grilled (insert meat of choice) is really good.

View attachment 15380

The bigger fish are called Ono. Unless you live in Florida, then it is called Wahoo.

Has anyone tried Ethiopian food?

Certainly not Ethiopians.

Last edited:

Four O'Clock

My apologies for assuming. I've yet to make my way to Italy, though I've taken a handful of individuals from there (including my grandmother) to my choice restaurants in the Boston area. They've been pretty impressed...

Hey gsweet! Your post reminds me of an asinine commercial a few years back.
Uncle Luigi comes Stateside from Italy and is telling everyone how great the food is in Italy. They take him to Olive Garden and he practically melts in his chair as his eyes are saying: "Beni, beni! this is THE best I've ever had!!!"
Yeah, right....:darwinsm:

gsweet

Hey gsweet! Your post reminds me of an asinine commercial a few years back.
Uncle Luigi comes Stateside from Italy and is telling everyone how great the food is in Italy. They take him to Olive Garden and he practically melts in his chair as his eyes are saying: "Beni, beni! this is THE best I've ever had!!!"
Yeah, right....:darwinsm:

What can I say? Sometimes you luck out with Italian restaurants and find a little Italian grandma in back cooking up her personal recipes...those are the ones where you might as well be in Italy. :D

nicholsmom

I remember a fantastic Kosher Deli in Ft. Worth. Lox and red onions on bagels and an amazing Ruben... mmm...

And French, as long as we are talking about pastry :chew: pains aux chocolat ... croissants ... eclairs ... even croque monsieur - as long as I can have it with a medium roast coffee (blech, I hate French roast - burnt) from Africa.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is to a good subject for Topic of the Day. :TomO:

Status
Not open for further replies.