toldailytopic: Ethnic Food. Which countries cuisine reigns supreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 2nd, 2010 11:22 AM

toldailytopic: Ethnic Food. Which countries cuisine reigns supreme?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

gsweet

Depends on the time of the year/day:
-During the summer, I love Mexican or Jamaican in the afternoons, Thai in the evening because both go beautifully with a nice cold beer and/or margarita
-During the winter, I'm all about rich and hearty: Irish stews, Northern Italian, Indian work wonders with the associated Guinness, Tuscan red wine, northwestern US red.

Dang, now I'm all hungry and can't focus on anything...Thanks a lot!

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
I could eat Mexican food for any meal, any day, any season and never tire of it.

Delicious.

MrRadish

Hmm, depends on mood, obviously, but I think Indian/Punjabi/Bengali comes top for me, closely followed by Chinese. Although real French food - the sort they actually eat over there on a regular basis as opposed to what we would normally think of as French food - is lovely.

bybee

Oh Boy FOOD!!!

Oh Boy FOOD!!!

Hmm, depends on mood, obviously, but I think Indian/Punjabi/Bengali comes top for me, closely followed by Chinese. Although real French food - the sort they actually eat over there on a regular basis as opposed to what we would normally think of as French food - is lovely.

I am in a dither over this! Italian, no wait, Mexican, but, but real French food, or, or a California burger with fires and a malt! Aaaaaaaah, can't be beat! bybee Almost forgo :cheers:t, accompanied by a Bud ain't all bad either!

bybee

Yes

Yes

Depends on the time of the year/day:
-During the summer, I love Mexican or Jamaican in the afternoons, Thai in the evening because both go beautifully with a nice cold beer and/or margarita
-During the winter, I'm all about rich and hearty: Irish stews, Northern Italian, Indian work wonders with the associated Guinness, Tuscan red wine, northwestern US red.

Teehee! me too! bybee

The Berean

Since I am of Mexican heritage I must say Mexican food! :chew: However, Greek, Persian and Italian food are some of my favorites as well.

Real Sorceror

My step-mom is from Colombia. I can't really name any of the dishes, but some of that stuff is like crack. Especially the bread. And plantains.

nicholsmom

My step-mom is from Colombia. I can't really name any of the dishes, but some of that stuff is like crack. Especially the bread. And plantains.

I love plantains! Twice fried is my favorite. We used to serve a Mexican wrap in my coffee shop that the customers called "smack in a wrap" :chuckle: We made it from roast beef spiced the way I like it - the big 4 (onion, garlic, salt & pepper) with cumin, paprika, fresh cilantro, and just a few jalapenos (I like lots of them, but not everyone does...) - with cheese all wrapped up in a big tortilla. Yum.

My favorite cultural cuisine? I couldn't pick. I can find some food in any culture that I love to eat. I probably make Mexican (probably more Tex-Mex) the most though. I love cilantro and limes :chew:

Dr.Watson

Do I have to pick a country? Can I pick a continent? If I have to pick a country/countries, then I pick India, Thailand and the Ukraine as my top 3. If I can pick a continent then I'll go with Asia.

Dr.Watson

*drool*

Status
Not open for further replies.