toldailytopic: During His earthly ministry would Jesus have approved of the homosexua

genuineoriginal

Here we see you equate "uncleanness" (Ro 1:24) with "sin" (1Co 6:18), ignoring Paul's use of the specific term "uncleanness." Since Leviticus 18:22 is not talking about uncleanness, but a capital offense, it couldn't be what Paul was writing about in Ro 1:24.
I am equating the phrase "sinneth against his own body" with the phrase "dishonour their own bodies", which shows that Paul is talking about sexual acts in Romans 1:24 the same way he was talking about sexual acts in 1 Corinthians 6:18.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If someone was having sex outside of marriage, Jesus would have disapproved. If someone was having sex with someone of the same gender, Jesus would have disapproved. He would have disapproved because of the law and because He is the author of life and the Son of God who wrote that law.

Seems pretty straightforward. :idunno:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you mean by the homosexual lifestyle? Are you speaking of specific sexual acts that not only homosexuals engage in, or the orientation?

Neither. Homosexuality is, as the name vaguely implies, sexual conduct between two people of the same gender.

Have you really been able to go 200 posts on this false dichotomy?

eameece

Do you have any limitations on what behaviors we can and cannot judge?

You are a Christian, which means precisely "a follower of Jesus the Christ." Jesus seemed to have something to say on this that was rather more clear than what he said on other things (like homosexuality for example).

Matthew 7:1-3

Matthew 7:4-5

Jesus laid out the behavior he recommended, but that was for ourselves to follow as best we can, not to judge others' behavior and put them down for it. God and His law can do that well enough. Only those without sin can throw stones, and in his little experiment, he found no-one without sin.

I say, follow the commandments, as God gives you the light to know what they mean for today's world. And we do need laws, decided upon, developed and instituted by men and women, as standards to be applied fairly for everyone; they can be passed and changed as the need arises.

eameece

In GOD's opinion, those who do not tell the homosexuals that their behavior is sinful are the ones that hate the homosexuals.

Leviticus 19:17
17Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.​

Jesus said exactly the opposite. I prefer to go by Jesus, not an earlier chapter that can be used to punish almost anybody and everybody for anything in cruel and unusual ways; a book (the Bible) that is little more than a chronicle of how a people moved from outdated, primitive ways and worldviews to a higher level of consciousness.

eameece

It is interesting how religious people so often go after the wrong target. A US soldier kills Afghans for no reason? No reaction from the Afghans. Accidentally burn some "holy" books? Go on a rampage of pillage and murder. Christians' response to mass murder in the USA? Say that it's OK for people to carry guns. But be a homosexual, and therefore be different from you? That's committing a grievous sin far more worthy of endless discussion than any murder.

zoo22

Approved of, no, I don't believe so. Fixated on, no, I don't believe so.

Among other things, I believe he'd take more issue with Las Vegas. Possibly even Foot Locker.

However, I don't know.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
All men are dead because of sin
Jesus does not approve of sin.
Jesus died for all sin.
The sin problem was settled once for all by Jesus.
Those who are in Jesus have no sin.
Those in Jesus have life.
Those who are not in Jesus are still dead.

For once you make sense and prove that you can be logical when push comes to shove....Good post!!!!

not exactly
the problem with sin has not been settled
the problem with salvation has
we are all in Jesus
and
still have sin
and
we are all still alive
so
what are you talking about??????

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
the problem with sin has not been settled

The Bible says otherwise...

Heb 9:22-28
And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Therefore it was necessary for the copies of the things in the heavens to be cleansed with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the holy place year by year with blood that is not his own. Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

Heb 10:11-12
And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God

Heb 10:17-18
And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin

we are all in Jesus

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

still have sin

Romans 6:7
for he who has died is freed from sin.

Colossians 3:3
For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Romans 6:22
But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life.

we are all still alive

Colossians 3:3
For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Romans 6:8
Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him

Gal 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Cm Once you're been cleansed of your sin and indwelt by the Holy Spirit then placed into the, "Body of Christ" the sin question has been dealt with and you are considered a, "Child of God" in the sight of God. Christ died for the sins of all humanity but only those who place their faith in Him will be saved and forgiven of all sin in the process!!!!

we still sin
we still need to repent
we still need to ask for help
and
we are all children of Our Father

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
we still sin
we still need to repent
we still need to ask for help
and
we are all children of Our Father
You are not a child of God.
You are a child of Satan.
You reject the Bible for your harlot religion
and
your self-righteous pride.

genuineoriginal

Jesus said exactly the opposite. I prefer to go by Jesus, not an earlier chapter that can be used to punish almost anybody and everybody for anything in cruel and unusual ways; a book (the Bible) that is little more than a chronicle of how a people moved from outdated, primitive ways and worldviews to a higher level of consciousness.

Jesus did not say the opposite, but since you think that the Bible is a chronicle about going from outdated primitive ways to a higher level of consciousness, it is obvious that you wouldn't be able to understand what He did say.

elohiym

I am equating the phrase "sinneth against his own body" with the phrase "dishonour their own bodies", which shows that Paul is talking about sexual acts in Romans 1:24 the same way he was talking about sexual acts in 1 Corinthians 6:18.

Romans 1:24 speaks specifically of "dishonoring their bodies among themselves".

Your interpretation is ignoring the context (Israel's idolatry), e.g. worshiping the golden calf (Ex 32:23-25 -- idolatry, the people were naked, etc.).

Romans 1:24 speaks specifically of uncleanness, i.e. the law of Moses. God "gave them up to uncleanness" in the sense that he put a law over them that condemned their flesh (Deut 31:26, Col 2:14), because they, like so many Christians today, were focused on the flesh.

Your interpretation suggests that God allegedly intentionally gave people over to homosexuality for some cause (you ignore), but not others. The Bible doesn't record God ever doing that. In contrast, the Bible records God giving the idolatrous Israelites up to uncleanness, via the law, to teach them a lesson.

If you told your wife she was unclean when she menstruated every month, and that she needed to give a sin offering and make atonement with God for it (Lev 15:30), you would be "dishonoring her body" because of your perception of her uncleanness in relation to God's law.

But you ignore that since it goes against your pet theory that God likes it when men commit homosexual acts.

You're bearing false witness again. I never said God likes it when men commit homosexual acts.

elohiym

Neither. Homosexuality is, as the name vaguely implies, sexual conduct between two people of the same gender.

Learn to use the English dictionary.

Have you really been able to go 200 posts on this false dichotomy?

Homosexual -

1: of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex

2: of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex

elohiym

Cm Once you're been cleansed of your sin and indwelt by the Holy Spirit then placed into the, "Body of Christ" the sin question has been dealt with and you are considered a, "Child of God" in the sight of God. Christ died for the sins of all humanity but only those who place their faith in Him will be saved and forgiven of all sin in the process!!!!

Why don't you apply the same logic to homosexuals, or do you? :idunno:

If God doesn't approve of sin, and you still sin, but are saved while you sin, then you must think that God doesn't approve of your lifestyle but you're saved regardless.

Likewise, if God doesn't approve of sin, and you believe homosexuality is a sin, and a person thinks or acts like a homosexual but believes the gospel, then you should be consistent and concede that even though God doesn't approve of the person's lifestyle the person is saved regardless.

elohiym

Yes, people can still sin even after being saved. Therefore what??

What's your point?

Either God doesn't approve of their lifestyle but they are saved regardless, or God doesn't approve of their lifestyle and they are lost because they do not cease from sin. Take your pick.

If you pick the former, and you still sin from time-to-time, then God doesn't approve of your lifestyle, yet you are still saved (and the OP question is rather pointless). If you pick the latter, then you are still dead in sin.

elohiym

A Christian can still be a Christian and do all sorts of sin that hurts his walk with Christ. Yet, just because Christ covers that sin (for the Christian) doesn't mean that Jesus approves of that sin (which is the topic at hand).

Then obviously, based on your logic, whether or not God approves of their lifestyle is irrelevant to their salvation. Why then single out one sin? Why the focus on the flesh instead of the gospel?